Idromed 5 help

g35

hi guys, I've finally decided to bite the bullet and buy the Idromed 5, I'm leaning towards the DC because it seems like the benefits of PC is too marginal (as far as I know, it only eases the pain). I just need something that works, that's the priority, pain is something I can withstand, not the sweating haha.

my question, is does anyone have Idromed 5 DC? I've been using the homemade version for a month but it doesnt seem to work quite well. If I have been using four 6V batteries for the homemade version, what setting should I use for the Idromed 5 DC? thx for the help!

Jezza

I have a 4 DC. Didn't work for me with tap water. Can't get the anticholinergic agents to try with an anticholinergic.

skillzx3

Hey, Jezza, it didnt work with tap water for you i see. It doesnt seem to work for me as well, although I am using a homemade machine, (tried 6 volt batteries, and a dc adpater (24 volts) and no luck. I only pull in 5 mA max, no matter how baking soda or salt I add. But with the machine you buy, it regulates it by mA not voltage, right? Should I stick with iontophoresis, because Im under the impression that I need like atleast 50 volts to pull in 10mA...?

Jezza

With the machine you can choose the amperage you want...I don't know exactly what the maximum is. In the manual it says that for hands it's optimal to do about 10mA and for feet 18mA.

Obviously the amperage, voltage and resistance all depend on one another, but yeah, what you manually adjust affects the amperage.

Whether or not you should continue...To me the tap water really didn't do much and I've tried it according to the book. I've also tried longer treatments with less amperage, more amperage etc...I had some blistering at my wrists where there's no HH, but otherwise, no results. Of course it's possible that for you it might work and for me it doesn't, but I personally think that the successrate of ionto (with tap water at least) is overrated. I've read many reports on it ultimately not working well. Maybe it only works for very mild cases. When I read that people stop doing the ionto, to me that says enough, cause if it would really work for them, obviously it's worth doing the treatments to stop the HH.

I think it could be potentially useful to do ionto with anticholinergics though, to minimize side-effects and potentially improving the succes, so with robinul it might work, but I can't get my mitts on that here in the Netherlands, so I couldn't tell you from personal experience. I only want to try it with quarternary anticholinergics and the only ones available here are in capsule form for inhalation for people with Astma or COPD and I don't know how that would work out with ionto, and there's no doc that is willing to help me with it.

Last edited:

ultrafrost

hey, Jezza, do you add a lot of water into the tubs? because the water level could reach your wrists. as I know, too much water would decrease the iontophoresis effectiveness, the current would pass through the least resistance area on your skin (these areas usually don't sweat)

Jezza

That could be an issue...It's not that I add that much water to the trays, because they are relatively shallow anyway, but maybe even less would be better. I was planning on trying it with robinul before I found out I couldn't get it, that's why I kept on to the machine. Maybe I'll try it again with less water, nothing to loose really...

Maybe I'll also order some Avert online just to try it's effect, eventhough it would again be a case of paying for something that I've basically already paid for by being insured, which wouldn't be the first time (ionto machine, proper botox injections, several other products). I'm a bit hesitant to order meds online from a place that doesn't require a prescription, though...

batuska

Hey jezza, I would like to tell that I have severe (dripping) palmer hh and ionto works %95 on my hands which I'm %100 satisfied. It sounds like you tried different treatment durations, I suggest you try to change the water you use. Try adding some baking soda or use some other hard water source or even mineral water. I hope you don't give up on ionto until you try everything. Good luck

g35

hey batuska, which device do you use? I just ordered the IDROMED 5 DC, i hope it'll work