Spiders!

LoyalXenite

Anyone know any good method for keeping spiders out of your house. We are getting far too many in the house lately, I see at least 2 different ones every day. Not to mention when I sprayed one of them a shit ton of babies came running off it!

We live in a dodgy apartment that is actually a converted garage so its very poorly sealed and we do barrier sprays once a month (even though it is supposed to last 6 months!). We have pets so does anyone have any good methods that wont hurt my pets or us?

(Please dont try telling me that they are good for keeping other bugs away or to move them outside) I hate them and the sight of them induces panic attacks. I want them dead and/or out of my house. :thumbdown:

miss_amy

I prefer spiders to people but oh well. .
Can you still get them plug in things that emit something that they don't like? High frequency or something. I don't know how effective they are. . Failing that suck the little blighters up with the vacuum.

Hoppy

And for some reason I went and googled Giant Spiders.

Get a gun. No, two.

And a flamethrower.

Metal_isthe_Answer

I need something that will keep wasps out, and grasshoppers away from the house. I tried Bayer insecticide once but it didn't really work, either I used it too early, or by living in Texas it won't matter anyway.
Seriously, if you have a huge fear of insects like I do, Texas country side is the worst place to be

MollyBeGood

We have brown recluse spiders here. One bite and your dead pretty much.

Also have a lot of rattlesnakes!

LoyalXenite

We have some deadly spiders here too. Red backs and white tails are common around here.

I have two cats lol. Both are lazy

Littlewilly

Spiders have a purpose for getting rid of unwanted pests etc
remember there more afraid of you than you are them
so try not to kill them if you can go buy a spider catcher:thumbup:

hoddesdon

Spiders have a purpose for getting rid of unwanted pests etc
remember there more afraid of you than you are them
so try not to kill them if you can go buy a spider catcher:thumbup:

I was thinking exactly this about half-an-hour ago, but about creatures in general, not about spiders specifically.

squidgee

And for some reason I went and googled Giant Spiders.

Get a gun. No, two.

And a flamethrower.

Jumping spiders aren't so bad, they're actually kinda cute.

jumping_spider_10_by_macrojunkie.jpg

LoyalXenite

Yeah, just that photo was enough to get my heart racing and palms sweating.

I know spiders serve a purpose, but if they come into my area I need them dead. Ideally I dont want them in at all. They dont get killed, I dont see them.

Im going to try peppermint plants/oil to repel them and any food source that may be around.