accept your everything is the only way to cure sp

Anonymous

I think that commonly sp suferers get into a corner by himself. the main cause he fall into the problem is he don’t accept his weakness. his shyness ,his shame and humiliation and so on. if they want to cure their sp, they should first to change the way they thought as usual. gave up the hope to cure theie sp and its symptoms and gave up their hope to change the bad situation of his life coursed by the sp. maybe every people who suffer from sp has the same experience that the more he want get out of the problem the deeper he will be enlaced. In reverse ,when he lost his hope to cure his sp after any defeated experince , the symptom will be lightened. so if the people set up his mind not to do any effort to change his situation or to cure his sp anymore his sp will recover automotivly. according my ideas that the symptoms present only in the situation that we dont accept them present .we always do everything we can to pressure ,to cover them, to control them appear . that is the reason why sp is become a incurable illness. take the symptoms of sp
as a nature behavior of human been. the god produce us and the god arrange our action too. Needn’t have any shy and shame feeling about our behavior and habit or customs. take them as nature matter as raining and snowing. Don’t admire others anymore . you are yourself , you have your special characters and is a uniquce one in the world . you cannot become others and others can’t become you neither. So let it easy and let it be are the best way and the only way to cure ap.

steve111

Anonymous

SP or any other anxiety disorder is not a weakness... Could be pretty hard to see this now, but it is the best thing that has ever happened to you. You see, by forcing yourself to confront these issues and developing techniques to eliminate your reactions, you are making yourself stronger.

I suffered from GAD/Depression/alcoholism, etc.... for quite a long time. Now i am cured. But in the process, through techniques, behaviour changes and such, i have almost eliminated stress in my life. I do not react to stressors as 'normal' people do. So, my life is almost rid of stress thus it is a blessing in disguise.

What i found was that you must confront your fears with all your might. How does a person cope with a fear of heights? What symptoms does a person encounter when he is on top of a roof lets say? You must push yourself to your limit and desensitize yourself from your fear. That is the only way to go about it...

Crimefish

I have accepted it, and I'm not ashamed of my feelings or actions, because they are caused by a mental illness. My problem is that other people aren't as accepting as I am.

Anonymous

Steve is right. Exposure in small managable doses to your fear does help. I am doing DIY exposure therapy and so far am having success. We are all more capable than we think we are. After all, I doubt anyone has actually died from SA. I know, sometimes in the tight grip of fear you feel you might, but you won't. "YOU GAIN COURAGE, STRENGTH AND CONFIDENCE EACH TIME YOU STOP TO LOOK FEAR IN THE FACE...YOU MUST REQUIRE YOURSELF TO THE THING YOU THINK YOU CANNOT DO."-E.R.

zzb3002

re Crimefish

Crimefish said:
I have accepted it, and I'm not ashamed of my feelings or actions, because they are caused by a mental illness. My problem is that other people aren't as accepting as I am.
According my opinion people with sp are all think poorly of and underestimate themselves. They really have much advantages and strongpionts. But them already forgot it. They pay too much attention on their weakness and disadvantages. And moreover on their symptoms of sp and oversensitive about it. They thought the reactions of sp are so disgrace which let them lost their face and become humiliative. Actualy other people infront of him don't notice their reaction too much and even take it as normal. The morst of the time it is that sufferers themselves thinking their behaviors aren't normal and serious. Becouse of this, them always make many efforts to control their expressions or behaviors in order to supress their symptoms to become normal. However, the key point is the harder your suppress your symptoms the more frequent they present-themselves. Suppresing is the energy and nutrition of the symptoms of sp. If the sufferers stop their struggle to suppress or to control the symptoms happening. And take them appearing as nature of the earth. gradually the symptoms will starve to death. So I think we are not accepted by others , it is we are not accepted by ourselves. so I said , accept ourselves is the only way to cure our illness.

zzb3002

A story indicate a ap sufferer seek recovery.

One day there is a drunkard not only saw stars but also confused and disoriented as well after he had knocked into a “stop” board. Then he receded and strode ahead at same direction once more, he failed again. After he repeated his effort in the same way several times, he clasped the board in desperation and said “it is useless, I am enclosed here and can not escape at all.”
I believe that every neurosis patents who suffered many years is all well puzzled by the feeling of being enclosed. “ I have tried all kinds of struggle, but they all ended with failure. It is simply hopeless.” In fact, the all struggles you did were toward one direction and knocked the same board.

i think all that is a bunch of psycho bullshit...pardon my french,but i mean its just stupid to say forget about this and that..u are reducing us to selfless non thinking peices of rags....if u dont have pride in yourself then ur not a man

its never gonna go away ...you just gotta exept that,and figure out your way to cope with it...be it meds,alcohol,therapy the choice is yours to make

SingaporeGuy

Youngdrunkbastard said:
its never gonna go away ...you just gotta exept that,and figure out your way to cope with it...be it meds,alcohol,therapy the choice is yours to make

Trust me, everything is achievable if we believe we can...I swear by that rule..

But its up to you guys to believe...

The mind is the most powerful. Let your body control your mind, not the other way round..

Anonymous

hmmm ... I wonder why it appears that it's not difficult to believe we can overcome our disorders, but for some of us----not believe there is a GOD or higher power?

zzb3002

Re: A story indicate a ap sufferer seek recovery.

zzb3002 said:
One day there is a drunkard not only saw stars but also confused and disoriented as well after he had knocked into a “stop” board. Then he receded and strode ahead at same direction once more, he failed again. After he repeated his effort in the same way several times, he clasped the board in desperation and said “it is useless, I am enclosed here and can not escape at all.”
I believe that every neurosis patents who suffered many years is all well puzzled by the feeling of being enclosed. “ I have tried all kinds of struggle, but they all ended with failure. It is simply hopeless.” In fact, the all struggles you did were toward one direction and knocked the same board.
I putting the story here isn't to scorch the sp suffer but to tell a fact that many sp suffers struggled to seek treatment ways to cope with their symptoms for a long time, but they almost failed, They tried many sorts of way such as cognitive therapy . behavior therapy .exposure therapy and so on. At the end they still can't clear their symptoms of sp up. Why?
Because of most the kinds formal methods in treating sp used today don't work effectively. They can't let the changing result last for long. And the symptoms often relapse. So, why don’t try to cope with your problems in a different way? a way something called "abandon or gave up " therapy. It is a very efficient in China. I am a sp sufferer too. And it had wrap me for many years . Eventually, my escaping from the sp are much benefit from it. Other formal ways mentioned above coping with sp don't work at all for me. The principle of the
" abandon or gave up " therapy is to gave up your efforts to seek some ways to change your symptoms and situations coursed by sp. and even accept the inexpective fate and disadvantages of your life. job and social relationship brought by sp. The new method tell us that why the symptoms of sp always attach to us forever?, just because we always make every kinds of effort to eliminate them. That is a wrong way. It is like use oil to fight fire. We are providing energy to the illness. The symptoms of sp also like a basketball on the surface of water. The harder we press it down the higher it jump up. So it is our controlling or suppressing actions let the things get worse. According my experience , If we gave up any action to limit or suppress the symptoms of sp. Let them exist as nature posts of us. They we lost their food or energy and starve to dead. Step by step your will be recovery. This new method affects the illness philosophically more than medicationaly .

zzb3002

Commonly the suffers of sp alwasys have inadaptable characters and slight unreallistic concept tarword the human sciety or humen life at some extend.for example: they are always over moral, over ambitious , over ideal exception tarword their future and over perfective thought about daily life and the conception of the themselves. If they want escape from the sp, they should get ride of those inadaptations characters and change the inadaptable conceptions first. They should acept themseves as a common creature as others pocessing many week points and limit capability in the world. They should gave up their imaginations to become a exordinary figures otherwise they may feel they came to the earth in vain. They should alowed themseves as a common person pocessing selfish, greedy,lustful thought in their brain.They should can burden the results of fulure in every efforts in their career and take it as nature phenomenons... They should abunden their excess or unrealistic desires about human life expections. If only so they stand on the base or the start point of escape from the sp

Anonymous

zzb3002 said:
They should abunden their excess or unrealistic desires about human life expections. If only so they stand on the base or the start point of escape from the sp

I agree that not being serious with life is a good hint. only about 10% of life is about being serious i suppose.
Anyways, i think the unrealistic desires about human life expectations for a people with SP ( low self asteem ) might be just find love and take away the loneliness. i think this feeling is not unrealistic. they want what every other person with normal or high self asteem would do. DATE and feel comfortable. is not an excess of perfection at all.
Is a try to reach the human point of comfortable communications. is a try to forget the awareness of talk, is a try to solve the sex issue, is a try to feel comfortable with society and part of it.

¡

Anonymous

what zzb3002 is saying has truth to it:

- the more we try to conceal this 'problem' the more obvious it becomes, it might be more helpful concentrating on 'letting go' instead (if this is possible at all). I don't believe that we should just 'give up', but concentrating on less 'self-control' and more exposure therapy might be more effective.

- we should loosen up our perfectionist beliefs, such as 'I have to look/act like XYZ to feel comfortable', or 'I have to be/earn/work as xyz to be respectable' and other such unrealistic expectations, a lot of SP is caused by us just hating how we look or act and sticking to this 'perfectionist' expectation rigidly; that we have to be perfect and until we become perfect we will be unacceptable

- and zzb touches on the scenario when we feel like an action has caused us to look like utter total fools, when in reality, nothing even close has crossed the minds of the observing peoples; when you have one of these, just try and step back, and clear your mind

zzb3002

- we should loosen up our perfectionist beliefs, such as 'I have to look/act like XYZ to feel comfortable', or 'I have to be/earn/work as xyz to be respectable' and other such unrealistic expectations, a lot of SP is caused by us just hating how we look or act and sticking to this 'perfectionist' expectation rigidly; that we have to be perfect and until we become perfect we will be unacceptable

-I aggree.
Commonly, people who have sp awalys Have a greet deel of strong dreams bo become others. They admire much people surround him. For example, admirng their selfconfident, free gestures and movements in social occasions, their capability on dating girls or boys, their successful social activities and careers and their making good relationship with their colleagues. They always bear many imaginative methods donducting at certain situations or occasion in advance in their maind. “we should react or behavor like…… or I should deeling with the social situation in the way of …….. ”. But when they actually reach the social events they always losed themselves and failed to control their face or expressions as expected. They feel scared and hopless again. Why? According my idea they react in a totally worrng way---the way leading sp suffers get into the corner and being enclosed.
What is the reasonable way of mentality and reactoin to the social situtation as a sp? Or what is the right concept toward the society and human life as a sp? According my experience( myself was a sp suffer for more than 20 years and now I may tell you I almost escaped from it rely on the techniques), I have some recommendation.
Frst. The sp suffers should acept themseves as a common creature as others pocessing many week points and limit capability in the world. They should gave up our expection and imaginatoin must to become a exordinary figures and must be successful in any career fields. We should alowed themseves as a common person pocessing selfish, greedy, lustful and immoral thoughts in brain and incapable to finish some respective missions. In one word we should accept we are a connmon people and even accept the bad situation socially and economiocally. Certainly I say that don’t mean we need not to pursue our hapynees in life or succeed in career. I only mean we should lessen our over appetency about human life and put it down in a reasinable degree in maind like require or need. Becourse appetency aways bring us anxiety and dread. But don’t the require and need. for example. When we starve we have to eat. When we thirsty we have to drink water. Don’t feel anxious and scared. So bring our mind in reality is the first step for us to escape from sp.
Second….. Please waition nest post.

nishah

zzb302- *thumbs up* :wink: ur very right about everything u have said and in fact i have accepted my illness for months now it's just that there are people who can't understand what ive been going through but i never lose hope...

nishah

zzb302- *thumbs up* :wink: ur very right about everything u have said and in fact i have accepted my illness for months now it's just that there are people who can't understand what ive been going through but i never lose hope...

zzb3002

Second, dont mask or control our symptoms of sp. such as avoiding eye contect , blushing in face or stammer in voices. accept them , accept them as common reaction as normal one. althought them apearrence let us feel uncomfortable, but anyway, let it be.dont do anything to avoide them. commonly the sp suffer always not only fear of the symptoms appear but also even more fear of the result brong by them. they thought becouse of the appearence of the symptoms of sp, it all ways make thing worse. for example. it might froze off the friendship betweent us and the people we talk to. or to spoiling the thing u want to achieve. i think the feel of fearing of the result brought by symptoms is the most importent key point which let the symptom alwsy present all the time. so let us set us mind to accpet the "bad result" (althought it is always imaginated by ourseves)is sticking point to get out of the sp. if we accept the" bad result" , gradutially the symptoms well dont appear any mare. but how we can aacept the" bad result"? they let us feel losing our face and humiliation. they let us almost failed in every social activities. and they damage our careers in any field. even so we still should to accept them ,lest we still alive. we still breathing. we still may see sun light every day ,we still may talk to our mum and dady every day. therefor no things cant be accept but death. if necessary death is ok too.
i have a techinaques called" observe" here to recommende to u. to observe what is hepening . to observe ur syptoms appear, to observe ur humiliting feel in our mind. to observe the thing we
want to achive will be failed. in one words accpte evry thing will hapened. dont struggle to save them , dont struggle to control them. just sit here look at what is hapening and what will hapen. bring uself out of the matter just like as a impersonal observer . graduatily u will find that u have a calm and serenity in ur chest. u gaind the confidence in ur mind. whenever u meet social scene u choose the "observe" technique to deel wiht ur sp. day by day we will escape from sp.