Anyone else get offended when people youre not attracted to flirt with you?

hoddesdon

It is still a compliment even if you are not interested in them.

Lorraine Manca logged in to this website two days ago, by the way, so that appears to have turned out all right.

WeirdyMcGee

I'm not attracted to anyone; so generally, yes. I feel a bit offended when people flirt with me.
Mainly because I feel like it can't be genuine-- no matter how good looking they are by social standards, if you hate yourself you have a hard time believing that someone could see something good about you.

I also think that I am extremely dense when it comes to this though... most of the time, I write off 'flirting' as just being friendly-- until someone observes that I was being flirted with and I suddenly feel let down because 'of *course* they weren't just being friendly for the sake of being friendly-- they were expecting me to reciprocate'.
And somehow that always results in me feeling offended, let down, depressed and a bit disgusted with myself.

I realize that whoever was doing the flirting didn't mean to make me upset, but it always does.

WeirdyMcGee

Seriously? Not anyone? Not even some hot movie star, or some guy from a band, or even that cute guy who works in your grocery store? No one? :confused:

One person- but I've been unable to feel any attraction for another person before/during or after our relationship ended.
I'm pretty much convinced that I am asexual.
My friends and parents just think it's because I'm ill and depressed.

I don't get 'crushes', I don't 'fall for' movie stars or people in bands- or attractive people on the street. There's no connection to anyone for any reason.

Rembrandt Broam

One person- but I've been unable to feel any attraction for another person before/during or after our relationship ended.
I'm pretty much convinced that I am asexual.
My friends and parents just think it's because I'm ill and depressed.

I don't get 'crushes', I don't 'fall for' movie stars or people in bands- or attractive people on the street. There's no connection to anyone for any reason.

Wow. I suppose not getting crushes could have benefits, but I think it's kind of sad that you don't feel a connection to anyone. ::(: