anyone rich and still lonley?

madmike

If i had a billion pounds, i'm pretty sure i'd find a way of spending it all.

But how much of the **** i'd buy would i really need?

Money is only necessary as long as it is buying you the things you really need, what's the use of squandering it or having it sitting idly in your bank account.

cosmosis

many people think when you have money your life goes to the hell, thing that is too far to be true. You have more accesses, more friends, more pleasure, then, more happiness.
If all your goal is to get money, of course when having it you will find life disgusting to be lived. However, if you go for something more after you get the amount of money you wanted more joy you will find. Happiness is not definitive but directive that means you need to always go after something new.

I agree that we always have to go after something new in order to get joy / happiness, but that is why money is distructive. Not just something new, but something bigger and better. Once you have a lot of money, everything becomes too easy and the satisfaction is gone. It's the difficulty of overcoming problems that makes life enjoyable and happy. But what happens when you can solve problems by spending large amounts of money without a concern? At first its fun, but after a while all satisfaction is gone. Like why bother renovating your house and feeling the satisfaction when you can easily pay for it. The next big thing after money is not simple things, but usually more money, more fame...masters of the universe bull**** that is very distructive.

Duraldo

Anytime I have any bit of money, i'm not "technically" lonely. Everyone wants to hang out with someone if they pay for them. I could be hanging out with them, and still feel lonely because i know they don't really want to hang out with me. Then at the same time, other days i'd be "well if I was loaded, I could buy whatever friends/girls I wanted, and make them like me".

I don't think money will make a damn bit of a difference in the end. Helps sometimes, but most of the time, I don't think so.

Edmgirl88

hmm good ?
money could change alot of things....
boob job, tummy tuck, private chef, nanny, house keeper... ect...
I dont think theres a surgery to make my voice bigger or want to talk louder... be in a mall, or ask questions or approach a group of co workers or people... wow I feel like a real scardy cat.. lol

Srijita52

How can happiness be bought?If some ppl are sticking around you only for your money aren't they using you in some way?Then again,its just my thought.

Steppen-Wolf

If I were rich I think it would only make more insecure. Are people around me for me or for my money?, that question would always haunt me.

But I'm broke, so at least I know that if someone ever gets close to me it won't be out of monetary interest : P.

MaliceInWickedland

I can only imagine what being rich is like. Having all that money, living in luxury, but at the same time being isolated from most people to keep from being chased for your money (at least that's how I would live). Money can buy most things in this world, but it can't buy love, (maybe) friendship, and happiness. Personally I think it would be kind of hard to mingle with people unless they're rich like you and wouldn't make you paranoid by thinking that they're just after your money. That's just me and my paranoid self though.

Last edited:

MrJones

This made me remember that once, in my town, they found dead a homeless guy (they are usually in the same zone, so we know them) who apparently had a lot of money in his bank account.

I was not born yet, so I can't tell if it's true or not.

Anyway, money only means what you want it to mean.

You can buy company, but not friends. Or love.

Helmaninquiel

Let me just put it this way I would rather be rich and alone, then not rich and also alone lol Which is what I pretty much am.. and it sucks, bad!

UnOccupied

I've known the answer to this question for a long time. I actually didn't want to go to school or get a job, because i knew that even if i did get a job, i still wouldn't be happy. I wanted to solve my problems, and then get a job.

Well, sure enough, i'm almost done with school, and have a job lined up...the job didn't make me feel any better, just sort of safer, and more secure. I still know i have a lot that bothers me.

Agent_Violet

H is a doctor.he's very rich..i am rich via marriage.

I was happier when i was just doing ok financially living in a small condo on my own.

Money is having greater means to buy stuff you don't need to create more distance between you and your true self.

Last edited:

Mickery

If money is such a problem, got so many problems, think I can solve them.

But seriously, I have no money and problems. I'd rather have money and problems. No money means even more problems.