anyone rich and still lonley?

stevelee24

money is more destructive than not i think people who have money tend to want more it becomes an obsession. rich people are hardly ever truly happy so they consume to give them the temporary feeling of happiness.

on the other hand ive seen plenty of people who just get by in life in terms of money but are always happy.

Silatuyok

I have no way of actually knowing, but I can only imagine that money could easily make you more lonely, because it reduces your dependence on others/your family/your community. If you have money and you have social anxiety, do you really think that you are going to end up spending that money on trying to get other people to hang out with you? Probably not.

2z8ztjn.jpg

she1slander

I have no way of actually knowing, but I can only imagine that money could easily make you more lonely, because it reduces your dependence on others/your family/your community. If you have money and you have social anxiety, do you really think that you are going to end up spending that money on trying to get other people to hang out with you? Probably not.

That money could go to admitting to yourself that your social anxiety requires some professional help, which means, seeking a counsellor in order to achieve something bigger in your life... the kind that only money can money. I'm not authorized to name specific things other than, only YOU know what. ::p:

she1slander

money is more destructive than not i think people who have money tend to want more it becomes an obsession. rich people are hardly ever truly happy so they consume to give them the temporary feeling of happiness.

on the other hand ive seen plenty of people who just get by in life in terms of money but are always happy.

Well, it's not exactly MONEY itself that might be the cause behind a person's lonely life. Money isn't evil; it's the LOVE of money that's evil. It's what a person DOES with MONEY or what they use money FOR that may result in obsession with spending and the material possessions that govern their lives over things that matter more like family & friends. It depends on what people use their money for because materialism for the most part doesn't fulfill happiness.

Vampiro

I do not think that money solves problems.

It can serve to pretend happiness ... Like saying "I'm a millionaire, look how happy I am." But after all is useless.

Although it depends on each person.

I believe that happiness is in love, friendship and work. Especially love.

lonely_drummer

Ha! Money doesn't solve anything, if not its the complete foundation to all problems in the world. how could something completely imaginary make you happy? Don't depend on money or let alone anything else to solve your problems for you, you are really the only one who can truly change things.

Agent_Violet

update...since i'm no longer married i find myself not rich anymore. lonely...not anywhere near as lonely as i was and yet i'm still alone. weird right?

coyote

update...since i'm no longer married i find myself not rich anymore. lonely...not anywhere near as lonely as i was and yet i'm still alone. weird right?

it's quite possible to be be even lonelier when you're right next to the wrong person

Boby

If been in both situation ,having and not having money.
In the early years of my life, my family was poor ,but my parents are hard working people and now we are... well not rich but wealthy enough to not worry about money or check a price to much.And here I am lonely so I tell you this:money will not get you friends or happiness.

Iluv

The more money you have could possibly make you even more alone. Sure you can buy nice things like a pool, a bunch of cars but don't forget you have people using you, loving you, only to get to one thing... your wallet. And that happens (not in all cases) but it's possible. So in the end would you rather have somebody loving you for the objects you have or actually loving you for well ...you.
I have like 10 dollars right now. So I'm pretty rich ya know in my head. I bet if I walked in to a community or certain place that has never seen 10 dollars in their life I'd be the richest person there. So therefore money is obsolete to any purpose of me being lonely or not.

recluse

When people say ''money can't buy you happiness'' they are lying, how can you be happy if you can't afford to pay rent, and basic stuff?

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
When people say ''money can't buy you happiness'' they are lying, how can you be happy if you can't afford to pay rent, and basic stuff?

That would only say that you can't be happy without money, not that you can "buy" happiness, as you can still have money and be unhappy. Not that I agree, I think if you want to be happy it's about making the best of what you have, not having what will make things best.