Are you a virgin?

Are you a virgin?

• Yes

Votes: 349 63.1%
  • No

Votes: 204 36.9%

• Total voters

iamthenra

nope. but, i've never been one to give my affection insouciantly.

for all of you out there who are and feel badly about it, don't. there's absolutely no reason to feel inferior or embarrassed about it. it doesn't make you less of a man/woman, and no matter how young or old you are it doesn't mean it'll never happen.

OMG I would love to believe that... But sitting where I am (41 and counting) it's very difficult to believe that will ever happen. Anxiety has me held hostage and won't let me go....

Kustamogen

Banned
lol a real 40yr old virgin? thats awesome!

I was 19 and felt old....although I didnt even kiss a girl till I was 18 :(

mrb

no yes no yes no yes no yes no yes ill make my mind up in a minute ........ um nope

klytus

It's not only just TV and movies... I find that in trying to meet new people - in groups where mostly everyone doesn't know each other all that well that the topic of sex does come up quite often simply because it's a topic most people can relate to. It bothers me a little bit since it's just another topic I don't seem to connect with others on.

In my adult life, again, this has never been the case. The society I live in - note, as an adult. It was different in high-school, which is a matter of the past - does not appear to care at all about whether the people had sex or not. And I talked to plenty of people since I joined university, both men and women, and regularly meet up with six to seven other students. Sex has never been a topic of discussion.

Even if it was, it would never be about private experiences. Sex as a topic can be entertaining - but no half-way mature person would make it about his or her own experiences. And you don't need to have had sex to be able to talk about it openly.

U

userremoved

In my adult life, again, this has never been the case. The society I live in - note, as an adult. It was different in high-school, which is a matter of the past - does not appear to care at all about whether the people had sex or not. And I talked to plenty of people since I joined university, both men and women, and regularly meet up with six to seven other students. Sex has never been a topic of discussion.

Even if it was, it would never be about private experiences. Sex as a topic can be entertaining - but no half-way mature person would make it about his or her own experiences. And you don't need to have had sex to be able to talk about it openly.

I don't know man. When I was in the service, I thought I was around mature adults, but when you are around guys a lot eventually talking about sex comes up. You know the whole locker room talk thing. Unfortunately it's really hard to fake being sexually experienced. You may ask why bother trying to disguise it? Well when my co-workers discovered my virginity, they started to treat me like I was dying from cancer. Saying things like "I'm sorry about your situation bro" and always looking at me with somber expressions. It's quite annoying to say in the least.

U

userremoved

Can we focus on the positive"s. Let me know????

Sorry, I can find plenty of reasons to be positive about this particular subject. I'm just venting over how we're taught that it's such an important "life achievement". In my parents day being a virgin was considered a honorable thing.

nopark

Just to clarify a bit: If I were a virgin by choice -- if it meant something to me -- then I wouldn't care. But as it is, it just serves as a reminder that I'm not very good with relationships. It's a reminder of all of the things I haven't had the pleasure (pun!) of experiencing.

So when people say "don't be ashamed," I think they just don't really understand the underlaying issue. It's not about sex. It's about a personal failure.

I can accept it, just like I accept SAD. But I don't have to like it.

Juggalo

Just to clarify a bit: If I were a virgin by choice -- if it meant something to me -- then I wouldn't care. But as it is, it just serves as a reminder that I'm not very good with relationships. It's a reminder of all of the things I haven't had the pleasure (pun!) of experiencing.

So when people say "don't be ashamed," I think they just don't really understand the underlaying issue. It's not about sex. It's about a personal failure.

EXACTLY! People who have had sex who tell us virgins we should be proud or don't be ashamed, are clueless.