Born a virgin...Die a virgin

mrb

you dont know your going to die a virgin , love comes along when you least expect it ... i dont know how old you are but i was 23 before i made love to a girl , try not to worry about it so much ....

Johno

You should be more optimistic and thank god that you were not raped as a child.. You still, whether you are Male or Female should thank god that losing your virginity is your choice... Let's consider our refugees and stop complaining about superficial stuff..

Felgen

You should be more optimistic and thank god that you were not raped as a child.. You still, whether you are Male or Female should thank god that losing your virginity is your choice... Let's consider our refugees and stop complaining about superficial stuff..

With all the sex pressure of 2010, sex is no longer superficial stuff. Love-shy men can't "choose" to lose it either.

Remus

Staff member

I don't for one minite think that being raped counts for losing virginity, be a little more sensitive

Last edited:

Felgen

Love shy people have a choice to tackle their issues or ignore it. It isn't easy but all this talk about having no choice isn't true , we all have choices in life.

Depends on how old the person is. I was love-shy at the age of 20, but I managed to overcome it by accepting the fact that I had to take the initiative instead of waiting for someone to take it for me.

On the other hand, if you're 30 and love-shy, it's over unless you're very lucky.

Scars

We all have it tough but I don't like all of this rape analogy and treating what is basically a severe phobia of the opposites sex and rejection as the same as having an incurable disease.

Explain to me the difference between an incurable mental condition and an incurable disease. I'd love to hear it.

Felgen

Bollox.

Since talking to people online i've known at least 4 who were virgins at 30 yet still managed to find a partner. We all have it tough but I don't like all of this rape analogy and treating what is basically a severe phobia of the opposites sex and rejection as the same as having an incurable disease.

If you believe you can't do something then it usually makes you apathetic about even trying.
I wasted years avoiding dating (for BDD/other issues) and it was pointless as no one finds happiness by keeping themselves secluded and constantly chanting "I'll never..." and so on.

Beeing a virgin and beeing love-shy aren't exactly the same. A love-shy person is person that has never had sex and never had a meaningful relationship. Two 30-year-olds who are engaged, but who pledge to wait until marriage to have sex, aren't 'love-shy'.

I'm not saying that it's an incurable disease, but people are picky when it comes to experience--thus making it harder to overcome the older you get.

Silentknight

If you believe you can't do something then it usually makes you apathetic about even trying.
I wasted years avoiding dating (for BDD/other issues) and it was pointless as no one finds happiness by keeping themselves secluded and constantly chanting "I'll never..." and so on.

I agree with you on this. Even though right now I've given up on the finding a special someone for the moment I haven't given up forever instead I'm just focusing on getting myself to a better place and then I'll start back up on trying to find a relationship it's just a real pain if your an avoidant like myself and can't help but spend hours wishing you had someone special but can't take the inniative out of an extreme fear of rejection but I have to hold on to hope.

Scars

I've yet to know a person who was cured of AIDS but i've known 3 and a half people who have overcome "love shyness". Not everyone can overcome their problems but you have to try or what are you living for?

Overcoming SA and shyness is NOT the same as being cured of it. If it were, symptoms wouldn't return in some cases after stressful or traumatic events. That's called treatment, which is completely different.

I need a stress ball... :mad::mad:

agoraphobickatie

Overcoming SA and shyness is NOT the same as being cured of it. If it were, symptoms wouldn't return in some cases after stressful or traumatic events. That's called treatment, which is completely different.

I need a stress ball... :mad::mad:

SA and all of our other bullsh!t issues could very well be considered incureable diseases... what we can do is cope and overcome, like you said... but you don't cope with AIDS, you die from it.

...and on topic-- this whole 'i'm going to die a virgin' complaint is really tired, and i'm sorry. i'm sure i'll sound like a total bitch here, but whatever.. there are babies, kids, young adults who struggle their entire lives with illness, disease and all forms of cancer who die virgins every day.. i wish for them, that their biggest concern was dying without having sex. because for some reason, i highly doubt that it is..... we aren't here to lose our virginity, that's not what life is about.

Last edited:

Pookah

I'm hoping what they mean here is less about the sex part and more about the human affection/intimacy part. Many people would choose not to live if they knew for sure no one would ever love them/touch them in their lifetime....humans are predominantly social and tactile creatures in this way. Babies don't develop correctly without touch & affection for instance.

iamthenra

I'm hoping what they mean here is less about the sex part and more about the human affection/intimacy part. Many people would choose not to live if they knew for sure no one would ever love them/touch them in their lifetime....humans are predominantly social and tactile creatures in this way. Babies don't develop correctly without touch & affection for instance.

EXACTLY!!! Also, if this is on your: "do this before I die list" and SA / depression or whatever disorder is preventing it, then what? I understand what Katie is saying, and yeah the whole I am going to die a virgin thing does get kinda old here... But there is allot more to the quality of life argument, that if I am going to be here and it would seem that most adults have experienced "love" and "sex" or some form of intimacy or romance, then it is a valid complaint. Not that complaining is going to do anything about the predicament. It is a need of all humans to have love and belonging according to Maslow. Going through life without love is very depressing.

agoraphobickatie

EXACTLY!!! Also, if this is on your: "do this before I die list" and SA / depression or whatever disorder is preventing it, then what? I understand what Katie is saying, and yeah the whole I am going to die a virgin thing does get kinda old here... But there is allot more to the quality of life argument, that if I am going to be here and it would seem that most adults have experienced "love" and "sex" or some form of intimacy or romance, then it is a valid complaint. Not that complaining is going to do anything about the predicament. It is a need of all humans to have love and belonging according to Maslow. Going through life without love is very depressing.

yes, i was just referring to the fact that the title of this thread is "born a virgin...die a virgin" and it is a well known common complaint around here..

love, lust, true intimacy, all that is different, and i get it... i'm sorry, i just get tippy about 'complaints' and those who spend more time doing it than doing something about it.. :)