Crazy things youve done because of OCD.

de

mre33 said:
anyone with an obsession about writing their name? i sometimes will sign my name all over everything until i feel i have perfectly signed it. Even then when i go to sign some legal document i will practice sign on a scratch paper to make sure i'm going to do it right on the document. Once i started doing it on the back of a test in elementaryquote]
yeah all my books from school are covered in my signatures i cant stop untill i get a signature that i am happy with you know all the letters the same hite and widht perfectly simmetrical lol
i can even remember when it started i had asked my dad why you have to sign your cheques and he said it was to compare signatures in case of bank fraud so i freaked out what if my signatures dont match or dont look the same ill get arrested and put in jail lol i was 8 but ive been like that ver since

ImSorry

I've done a lot of weird shit, fortunately the majority of it is gone
in a time i constantly turned my head up to see the entire ceiling of my room, it had to be without obstacle, .
Turning things backwards equally as i initially turned them.
Didn't step on the divisions of the sidewalks.
Back when i was religious i insulted god, but i didn't want to.
Count until i got to a number that feel good(i notice i was not the only one)

I did the mario style thing but i don't think it was OCD, i did only when i wanted

Marco23

Hey everyone, i'm new here, i kind of laughed at the jumping the sidewalk separations and the super mario stuff, i was a little kid and now remembered all of this perfectly, may i ask a stupid question this means i clearly have OCD right? It's kind of scary!

If you have no other symptons I wouldn't worry dude... I think anyone can have tendencies towards shit or just quirks without actually having a neurosis.

dude this is so exciting to know that other people have done the mario thing too! dsfjkldsf haha wow im glad i found this site. :D

Rodox

Man I am pretty sure I dont have ocd,but I used to do some strange things,like everything I did with one side of my body I had to do with the other side,if I pick up something with the right hand I would put back in place and pick up with the left and put back in place,if I looked to the right I had to look to the left,the distance of my steps were overly calculated if one foot went to far ahead the other had to cover about the same distance,like if I took a step of about 20 cm, the other would have to cover about the same distance,I dont do these things anymore.

princess_haru

Rodox said:
Man I am pretty sure I dont have ocd,but I used to do some strange things,like everything I did with one side of my body I had to do with the other side,if I pick up something with the right hand I would put back in place and pick up with the left and put back in place,if I looked to the right I had to look to the left,the distance of my steps were overly calculated if one foot went to far ahead the other had to cover about the same distance,like if I took a step of about 20 cm, the other would have to cover about the same distance,I dont do these things anymore.
Yeah I did that all the time when I was a kid. Still do sometimes, actually! :oops: It's a weird sense of things not being balanced that makes me do it, I think.

FunwithPineTrees

I do that thing where everything has to be the same on my body. I generally did these things when i was 10-11, but it sort of went away.

I read the whole Bible
I would not eat because I thought everything was dirty
I did not want to get hugged by anyone because i thought it would amke them go to hell.

and it sort of went away though, and then i got mad at religion ebcause I was super obsessed with the idea of God and Hell, and then i became an atheist, but then I sort of became religious again, because I realized that it wasn't religion's fault that I had strange rituals about it, and if religion never existed then my compulsions would have manifested itself in another way.

AnaRose

Hello. I am new here and this is my first post. I was really amazed to read all of the posts because I thought NOBODY was as crazy as I am, but now I see that OCD happens to other people too. I have severe OCD and I have mostly issues with contamination and phobias, not the checking thing. I check stuff once and that is enough for me. But my phobias are bad - and I very often feel that I have to throw up to "decontaminate" myself. It's making me feel so awful lately and I'm sure it's as destructive as bulimia or something. So I guess that would be the craziest thing I have done for OCD. I make myself throw up to "cleanse" myself of the contamination (or maybe what you guys call negative energy). I have phobias of feet and armpits and socks and shoes and I doubt that anyone else in the world fears these things as much as I do. I can't even go to a beach because people have their shoes off and shirts off.
I do something similar to the mario thing - but I don't pretend it's ME. For years and years, when I would ride in a car, I would pretend that a horse or a dog was running alongside the car, jumping over things. Sometimes I would be riding the horse. But I think that just comes from a vivid imagination because my friend did that too and she doesn't have a trace of OCD.

ReVeR

dottie said:
i imagine myself having ran and jumped over that street post, almost like mario would do in a video game. it's like an invisible version of me is running parallel with the car and jumping over posts. i am crazy.

8O
ay i do that all the time, every time i get in a car i imagine
my self riding a skateboard next to the car going where ever the car goes
and i see my self busting tricks grinding over benches and kickflippin over midgets n shit.
its been going on since i first played Tony Hawks Proskater
(almost 10 yrs ago lol)
now I'm beginning to think i have ocd

Chrispy

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has some freaking crazy probs.

The three main things I get is thinking of or saying things I don't really mean. I just have to say them to let them out (I don't say them out loud, but just mentally).

The most biggest thing is mental and physical urges. I may think of something, and after I've thought of it, I'd think of a black box and all this other crap... I also get those little urges like adjusting my shoulders or clenching my guts or flapping my hands.

The craziest time was probably when I was like 11-12, and I was playing a game on the computer, and I had to do all these damn urges in the game. I wanted to do all this certain stuff in there logically, and if I didn't click something or whatever, I'd get the urge to start again. It went on for hours. I was honestly sweating my ass off. And even one time I wanted to play the game all over again, just so I could do these things logically.

I also had that turning negative energy thing too. If I turned I just had to turn around back the other way. Then I at one stage thought about all those other times I turned when I was young, and then I just randomly turned around heaps till I felt comfortable with things.

It's not just those urges too - there's 100 more I could list. Let's see, talking to myself, like asking myself the time or telling myself my favourite TV show is on...

And the third main thing is making a fuss over really small things, or thinking you have to improve what you already done (perfectionism of course).

It's just these things are real weird eh. Nobody will understand what the !@#$ I'm talking about if I told someone this. Only people who have the same probs as me understand exactly.

I'm about 14 right now, and will be seeking help in future, of course, hehe.

And like said, I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering these "things".

Lucy2008

Yep, I had that too! It's a feeling that something just isn't right and you feel or "see" this premonition of something happening and you're not quite sure. You try to ignore it but it won't go away and it gets worse and you feel it aching in your head...it's like a pain..