Do you have a pet?

Do you have at least one pet?

• Total voters

coyote

my pet died last year - she was 15 years old, too

a japanese fire-bellied newt

i miss her

sucettes

I have a lovely dog who loves me more than anything, I can really tell that he loves me and it makes me happy. He used to help me emotionally and to make me get out more. But the funny thing is, it's like he's turned in to ME. Nowadays, he's the one making me staying inside. Because I can't go out with him anymore, he doesn't like people except from me and my close family. I suppose we both have social phobia o_O

Believe me, I've tried everything to make him get better but it's hard. My dog trainer even think that he was born like this and that there's nothing we can do to heal him completely. He's very insecure. And most people are now scared of him....

But either way, I love him to bits.

Little Miss Muffet

Me and my boyfriend at the time had a leopard gecko ( which he wanted, then lost interest so I took it with me). They're incredibly sweet, but I just felt so sorry for it as it just looked so depressed just sitting in the tank, I had to give it to the RSPCA.

It used to be funny youd be sitting on the bog (as you do ) and some crickets would casually hop on by. Or I would see the crickets in the hallway trying to get into my neighbours flats - if we ran out of crickets to feed the gecko we'd knock on the neighbours door :)

ScaredToBreathe

my guinea pigs help me out A LOT emotionally. they make me less anxious, they're comforting when im in distress, and they make me feel loved. they make a big difference in my life and before i got them my depression was 10 times worse. i find animals meet my emotional needs much better than people, probably because i get so anxious around people. ::eek::

Attachments

• piggies.jpg
    piggies.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 0

HeadFace

I wish I did, but...
Everyone in this house besides me has allergies, plus I have two little brothers that would probably **** with it too much.

Kat

I have had several cats, birds, fish and only one dog throughout my life and they have definitely helped me out on many occasions, they all seem to have their own uniqueness about them. My dog seemed to be a magnet for cats because they would befriend him before us. The cat I have now since my dog passed away was the first one I got from the pet store. She’s a character. I miss them when they go.

da_illest101

I don't have any pet, I had a bird back in the days when I was a lil kid. I'm not gonna lie I don't especially like pets to the point of getting one.

mmmm

My babes definitely help to improve my mood. There's just something about knowing that you are responsible for their lives. I neglect myself when I am on a downer but the world will end before neglect my precious gems. I don't ask or expect them to reciprocate but they always do.

drewjanes

YUP.. she is the love of my life! i have a tortoise shell kitteh :3 her name is Ollie, shes black, orange, white with brown stripes on her face..... with one pink pad on her orange toeeeee *so much cute* D': <3 ..... love muh kitteh

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
calvin-and-hobbes.jpg

lyricalliaisons

My cats are all I have in the world, other than my mom. They're the closest things I have to friends. I love the feeling of love I get from them when it seems all the world is against me.

DarkPhoenix

I have a dog thats a nervous wreck and a cat that likes to bite my ankles but i wouldn't change a thing about them, they are my buddies and i love them to death.

mikebird

Banned
My best pet recently, since all the childhood ones - fish, dog, cat, rabbits and guinea pigs

is here around the apartments. This young cat welcomes me when I return on foot or by car, and rushes inside with me, always wanting some preening and nestling, which is not always the case with every cat.

Although microchipped, this one is definitely stray. It's a lot of comfort for me - one creature on the planet which hasn't rejected me... yet.

Who invests in a modern pet, to look after it, train it not to foul the house, and buys tech to keep it tracked, and then leaves it homeless?

Last edited:
I like animals but I'm a bit indifferent as to whether or not I'd keep one if that makes sense. I don't currently have one.

I don't have one, but if I get enough money I would like to get a Macaw(parrot).