Gamers thread

Ithior

I'm really enjoying Kerbal Space Program. It's kinda hard to get into it because it's literally rocket science, but if you watch the proper tutorials and play the in-game tutorials you'll be set to go. I can recommend a great tutorial on youtube if anyone's interested.

I play in Science mode, where you need to explore things to get points to research new components for your spaceships. There's a sandbox mode too. Right now I've been able to orbit the moon and return, but I still haven't landed there successfully. Ran out of fuel to slow down my descent so poor Jebediah crashed on the Moon.

Ithior

^ I'm interested, send it my way.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYu7z3I8tdEmqpOkQZCl5SZB5t0vXuxE0

Some videos are pretty long (30 min), but you'll be well prepared to get started properly. I suggest saving the playlist because it's not on his channel, so if you need to go check something it will be easier to find. Since it is in science mode, you're gradually introduced to new parts (instead of having them all at once which can be overwhelming), how to orbit the planet, how to go over to the moon and orbit it, and so on.

Argentum

I see Crypt of the NecroDancer turned ***** mode on. Instead of two hearts, you now get three on hardcore mode.

I hate when this happens. If it's too hard, play a different mode or a different game. It's called "hardcore" for a reason, and people were able to pass it on occasion.

Just finished Homeworld 2 today.

While in general I prefer the story, ship designs and gameplay of Homeworld 2, it does this annoying thing (that Homeworld 1 didn't do) where it automatically jumps you out of the area when your mission is complete before you're able to strengthen your fleet. Which is a problem because your feel is persistent and you could very well enter a difficult battle without sufficient units.

It stops mattering near the end, though. Because if you play your cards right you'll have your capital ships maxed out, fully upgraded and accompanied by twenty Ion Frigates. Or in more relatable terms; you'll be in possession of the mighty fist of space God.

But don't get me wrong, I loved it. It had been a while since I played it.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I play Thief 2: The metal age and its numerous fan missions. Dark is your friend...

I was going to buy Thief 2 for the PS4 recently, but was warned against it by the staff in the shop. They said it was terrible and couldn't compare to Thief 1.
(I loved Thief 1 by the way).

How are you finding Thief 2?

Rawz

Well Hotline Miami 2 was released a week ago and I didn't even know. >.< But I am about to get my hands on it. I really liked the first and it looks like this one will be really good to.

very_shy

I was going to buy Thief 2 for the PS4 recently, but was warned against it by the staff in the shop. They said it was terrible and couldn't compare to Thief 1.
(I loved Thief 1 by the way).

How are you finding Thief 2?

Wow, can not believe they advised you not to buy it. I would say go for it. BUT.
There are some differences though, but not to say that T2 is terrible. There are less, if any, undead levels. The architecture in T2 is mostly Victorian as compared to medieval in T1. There is a new faction, Mechanists and there are-robots-and they tend to be the main turn off for Thief 1 players. The other thing-Thief 1 has better story while Thief 2 has bigger individual missions, of which the second last and the previous mission were as I read built in a hurry, so you play the same map practically twice.

There are also new arrows and weapons in T2. But what is the most striking (I am talking about PC version) is the amount of fan missions. Even 15 years after T2 release new fan missions have been made and the majority of them are for T2.

At first I also disliked Thief 2 because of robots and because the lack of Hammerites. Also I feel it is less scary than T1. But I would say give it a chance, some say it is better than Thief 3 not to mention the latest Thief game released last year.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Wow, can not believe they advised you not to buy it. I would say go for it. BUT.
There are some differences though, but not to say that T2 is terrible. There are less, if any, undead levels. The architecture in T2 is mostly Victorian as compared to medieval in T1. There is a new faction, Mechanists and there are-robots-and they tend to be the main turn off for Thief 1 players. The other thing-Thief 1 has better story while Thief 2 has bigger individual missions, of which the second last and the previous mission were as I read built in a hurry, so you play the same map practically twice.There are also new arrows and weapons in T2. But what is the most striking (I am talking about PC version) is the amount of fan missions. Even 15 years after T2 release new fan missions have been made and the majority of them are for T2.At first I also disliked Thief 2 because of robots and because the lack of Hammerites. Also I feel it is less scary than T1. But I would say give it a chance, some say it is better than Thief 3 not to mention the latest Thief game released last year.

Awesome info, thanks!
I curious to see what its like so I'll probably wait until T2 is on sale. Cheers.

Megaten

Binding of Isaac is so far the only game to ever make me ragequit. After winning.

Yeah that one is pretty freakin hard. I had only started it and was like "screw this". Now Im playing Bloodborne and that game broke my spirit. Worse my friends are saying its not that bad. :kickingmyself:

Played about an hour of Ori: And the Blind Forest, and I've fallen utterly in love with it.

Gameplay wise it reminds me of Dust a lot where you use your support for ranged attacks. Except in this game, or at least where I am now, you're a fragile creature that can't really take too many hits and use the support pretty much all the time. It creates this interesting dynamic where you're running from your enemy but stay in close enough range for your support to hit it. It's a strange mix of defence and offence.

It also has a similar world scape as Dust had, where you are moving over a 2D plane, but by taking branching paths you're able to explore a wide open map seamlessly without loading screen interruptions. But unlike Dust, it doesn't have such cringe worthy voice attacking.

And if you're a fan of that mystical, tragic, fantasy, Pixar movie vibe, it really nails it good. Really good. It's beautiful in both visuals and music. It's without exaggerating, in my personal opinion, the best looking game I've ever played. Which I'm sure is easier for a sideview platformer to achieve, but I appreciate it all the same.

Last edited:

Argentum

"You don't even do anything useful in Terraria, you just spend all night building wooden dicks in my house."