Gamers thread

PKMNMANIAC

I haven't taken the plunge into the new generation yet since there aren't enough games I am interested in. Bloodborne is the only one so far......I am not gonna drop £300+ to play one game!

So I am taking this opportunity to remind myself why I love the hobby and play some old games :D

At the moment I am properly roleplaying through a modded morrowind and oblivion. Then i might set up my N64 and play some platformers. I reckon banjo kazooie is the best N64 platformer, what do you guys think?

What are you favourite old games?

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I haven't taken the plunge into the new generation yet since there aren't enough games I am interested in. Bloodborne is the only one so far......I am not gonna drop £300+ to play one game!

So I am taking this opportunity to remind myself why I love the hobby and play some old games :D

At the moment I am properly roleplaying through a modded morrowind and oblivion. Then i might set up my N64 and play some platformers. I reckon banjo kazooie is the best N64 platformer, what do you guys think?

Morrowind.

Ithior

Pokemon has always been a favourite of mine. I've been playing Pokemon Crystal on my phone lately, I thought it was pretty much the same as Pokemon Gold but I feel like the story is pretty different. Can't say for sure though, haven't played Gold since I was a kid.
Putting the speed on x2 helps get through boring grinding, but I always put it back to normal speed when doing other stuff.
Also love the OST.

Rawz

Pokemon has always been a favourite of mine. I've been playing Pokemon Crystal on my phone lately, I thought it was pretty much the same as Pokemon Gold but I feel like the story is pretty different. Can't say for sure though, haven't played Gold since I was a kid.
Putting the speed on x2 helps get through boring grinding, but I always put it back to normal speed when doing other stuff.
Also love the OST.

When it came to Pokemon, all the oldest stuff was my favorite (original 151, Blue/Red/Green/Yellow, Pokemon Stadium, etc). I bought Pokemon Yellow as a kid a loved it (I went with it because you started with Pikachu which was more inline with the show).

There are a lot of old games on N64 I loved playing as a kid (Super Mario 64, Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party 3, Mario Kart 64, NBA Jam 2000,...).

Ithior

When it came to Pokemon, all the oldest stuff was my favorite (original 151, Blue/Red/Green/Yellow, Pokemon Stadium, etc). I bought Pokemon Yellow as a kid a loved it (I went with it because you started with Pikachu which was more inline with the show).
Me too, I really liked the ones I played on Gameboy Color the best (blue/yellow/gold). I think the ones after that looked good and had some nice features (like being able to run) but they also started adding too many things and pokemon. Even FireRed/LeafGreen has like a zone where you can catch pokemon other than the original 151.

There are a lot of old games on N64 I loved playing as a kid (Super Mario 64, Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party 3, Mario Kart 64, NBA Jam 2000,...).
I never had a N64 and I missed out on all Mario and Zelda games (only played Warioland for the Gameboy). However, I got a gameboy emulator on my android phone and I already got a Mario and a Zelda game there, and a bunch of other games I had when I was a kid. These games are not only much smaller in size and requirements than most android games, they're also much better. There are no crappy achievements, the games are long, you don't get ads, you don't have to buy stuff, you don't have to be online, you don't get constant messages to rate the game, and so on.
My only problem is Gameboy Advance games because my phone doesn't have trigger buttons and if I want to press them on the screen I can't press other buttons.

PKMNMANIAC

Me too, I really liked the ones I played on Gameboy Color the best (blue/yellow/gold). I think the ones after that looked good and had some nice features (like being able to run) but they also started adding too many things and pokemon. Even FireRed/LeafGreen has like a zone where you can catch pokemon other than the original.

I am probably one of the biggest pokemon fans out there, if something has pokemon in the name I'm interested. I think the newer games are good too, even if they aren't as original.....and it's not just because I am a pokemaniac :p
Does anyone play pokemon X/Y or the ruby/sapphire remakes? I could you someone to battle and trade with :)

So you're a Dark Souls fan? :mad:

Yes I am, my demon souls, dark souls 1 and dark souls 2 platinum trophies are some of my proudest gaming achievements :D I haven't got round to playing crown of the ivory king or the scholars of the lost sin yet though :( have you got hold of bloodborne yet?

It's not super old, but I loved The Darkness (2007) on the X360. Real shame they never released it on PC.

Ithior

Does anyone play pokemon X/Y or the ruby/sapphire remakes? I could you someone to battle and trade with :)

I felt tempted to buy X/Y when it came out, but I would also have to buy a Nintendo 3DS (the 2DS looks awful), and I didn't want to spend that much money on one game.

Megaten

Yes I am, my demon souls, dark souls 1 and dark souls 2 platinum trophies are some of my proudest gaming achievements :D I haven't got round to playing crown of the ivory king or the scholars of the lost sin yet though :( have you got hold of bloodborne yet?

Oh wow nice, Ive still not beaten them yet lol. But yeah I have Bloodborne. I dont think you will be disappointed. It has the same feel but they changed it just enough to make it fresh so its not boring.

Ithior

Going to have to uninstall the Sims 4 again. I just waste so much time on it it's ridiculous. I'm pretty much doing the same thing every Sim day, not doing anything special, none of those crazy things you can do. I just make my sim eat, sleep, work out, pee, shower, craft furniture and go to the retail store. I'm not achieving anything at all but it doesn't feel boring. Maybe it's just some kind of escapism. Anyway, it's stopping me from doing other things I should be doing so I'm going to uninstall it.

dannyboy65

Currently I am playing through the Uncharted series and I'm on the second one. I love the series so far and highly recommend it. Aside from that it's nice to play some new games because for years I was playing pretty much Skyrim or Fallout.

PKMNMANIAC

I tried to set up my snes and n64 on my LCD tv yesterday, forgot how annoying it was to have to manually tune stuff, kids these days are spoilt :p

I got the snes working perfectly but the n64 is all grainy and pale no matter what I do, any tips?