Has shyness ever made you turn down a woman who wanted you?

Necrucifer

I would say if you can somehow even if its through a message/text anything if you cant do it in person is to tell her how you feel but what your afraid of. I know it's hard to do but if someone really likes you tell them why you're afraid and why you think it may not work if thats what you're worried about. She may understand and still like you and help you get through it but thats just how some are and its really comforting when someone you like can help you cope with something.

I had plenty of relationships and then there were those girls I could have been with but never have due to my SA and the fact I have trust issues now a bit thanks to previous relationships so I did not want them to get involved and hurt them with my emotions. Most girls I did date understand me and they still liked me just fine and were able to deal with it and improve me some after explaining with them alone about why I am avoiding a certain obstacle etc.

I say if she likes you and you're sure of 100% I would have a sit down with her alone preferably meet up as that will gain you more respect and make her like you even more. Explain to her why you do the things you do and explain what you may think drive her off if she was to be with you. If she still likes you after all of that then you know you can trust her and she will be able to understand you more then and know what she is getting into and hopefully help you cope with it in many ways.

However if you're not sure how she feels about you 100% you should probably still talk to her if she for some reason dislikes you now etc about why you act the way you do because even a lost friendship can occur and you do not want that. This is how it is for me and how I do things and it works just fine for me but I figured It may help you as well because you do not want to lose a girl you like even just as friends trust me. I avoided a girl 7-8 years ago now its to late even though I still talk to her but she changed and I dont like the new her as much.

¯\(º_o)/¯

I lost the girl I loved because of shyness :( because I never officially asked her out so she moved on.

Which I sure she would have done anyways, even if I did ask her out, so this way I guess it worked out