How are you feeling?

KiaKaha

Banned
I often wonder why I dont seem to be able to merge my online life with my real world one.... I wish I could - but I am also glad that I cant either....its a double edged sword - I wonder - would I be as socially aware and as sensitive to others feelings if I never felt a sense of missing out and deep insecurity?
- yeah I dont really think all that much of myself - but I am so utterly convinced that thats the way people really think of me, not that I am trying to be a contrarian or anything. Ones own insecurities are a much bigger deal to oneself rather than anyone else. I am suspicous...but I cant validate anything.

Last edited:

coyote

I often wonder why I dont seem to be able to merge my online life with my real world one....

the way i look at is

i'm the same person

just in different settings

so it's really all part of MY life

even if the people don't overlap

much

MikeyC

Lonely, uncared about.
I dont feel loved, desired or likeable
I dont think people really respect me or want me around - they just pretend they do.

There is always someone better, in some way - more interesting, more intelligent, more charming, more eloquent, more fun.
And if they do - its only short lived - until they get to know me.

whine whine whine
...and yet I'm coming over to meet you. You better feel my love and desire when I'm over there. Wait, that did not come out right....

Anyway, I'm feeling blue. My grandmother has months to live unless she gets her leg amputated. If she says she doesn't want that she will die within months from blood poisoning. She's in a really bad state and not really functioning properly.

On top of that, our neighbour's cat was run over and killed about 2 hours ago. It was under 2 years old and would always look at me curiously when I was outside, plus our cat had a real fascination with him.

So yeah, kind of a bad day.

WeirdyMcGee

^ aw, Mikey... that's terrible.
I don't even want to think about the kitty... I love my kitties!
I think you should have a talk with your grandma and express to her the importance of getting her leg amputated- to you.
Of course, she'll make her own decisions but people can often decide based on if people actually care or not; and knowing that people care and will be there for her could really help.

MikeyC

^ aw, Mikey... that's terrible.
I don't even want to think about the kitty... I love my kitties!
I think you should have a talk with your grandma and express to her the importance of getting her leg amputated- to you.
Of course, she'll make her own decisions but people can often decide based on if people actually care or not; and knowing that people care and will be there for her could really help.
Yeah, I don't want to think about the cat, either. I love cats and I think it was just an unfortunate accident.

You're right. We're all going to have lunch with her at some stage soon, I think. It's ultimately not up to me, though. It's up to her. I don't know what's going to happen. It's all so sad.

outsideroftheoutsiders

I feel like I'm relapsing into a depression.
I feel like my meds aren't working lately :/ but don't understand how that could be i've been more anxious and down and it's getting worse. Suicide in my head (not intent, just thoughts)
I had a dream last night where it was pretty much me feeling like I was so alone such an outsider then I ate all these shards of glass to kill myself and it was all stuck in my body and was vomiting heaps of blood. Everything feels hopeless to me. Although I don't plan on killing myself yet I feel like it's inevitable for me.

bcsr

I'm excited, but really nervous.

Tomorrow is my entrance exam and physical agility test for a police department. I'm not so worried about that, but if I pass them both I have to do the oral board interview. Basically going to be grilled by 4 or 5 people. And, it starts at 9am... I work overnights, so tomorrow will be exhausting. Small price to pay to pursue one's dream job.

Silatuyok

...and yet I'm coming over to meet you. You better feel my love and desire when I'm over there. Wait, that did not come out right....

Anyway, I'm feeling blue. My grandmother has months to live unless she gets her leg amputated. If she says she doesn't want that she will die within months from blood poisoning. She's in a really bad state and not really functioning properly.

On top of that, our neighbour's cat was run over and killed about 2 hours ago. It was under 2 years old and would always look at me curiously when I was outside, plus our cat had a real fascination with him.

So yeah, kind of a bad day.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. I imagine I will be in that situation some day with my own dad. He has diabetes and does not take care of himself. Perhaps your grandma is simply ready to be at peace.
As for the kitty, I'm sorry to hear about that as well. My own very favorite cat was hit by a car almost three years ago and I still miss her very very much. I always get really sad when other people's cats die or if I see one in the street.
I hope something good happens for you today.

Feeling_Nothing

Right now, getting completly lost and lose track of time in photoshop...for some reason I find it comforting to be able to mess/create things.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Well, I'm not doing much. Trying to relax for a wee while. I've got a few hours to get ready. Quite excited, really. I'm head off to Glasgow at 5:30pm for the 2012 Glasgow Comedy Festival, which started last week. I've got tickets for 2 of the stand-up comedy shows at the King's Theatre. This evening I'm going to see Stewart Lee. Then, next week, I'll be seeing Doug Stanhope for the 2nd time, the day before my birthday.

As the saying goes: Comedy is the best medicine.

dottie

@coyote that's a good question, i've asked myself before... i guess i need constant reassurance from others. is that something that "needs" to be "fixed"? idk how to fix that.

dottie

yesterday at work my coworkers were talking about the paint colors of the walls saying that the color was dull. i was close to my supervisor because i was asking her to check something for me and under her breath in a condescending, nasty tone she said, "it's dull in every way here," implying that i was dull.

later, i asked my other coworker if she heard that and she said she didn't hear it- but she definitely believed it! she said that is how she's treated previous employees and to go to HR. but if i go to HR i have no leverage and i will look like a problem employee right? i am a temp who has been there for four months. my supervisor's been there for like 8 years, permanently. what will be the ramifications of going to HR?

i am getting sick of this passive-aggressive BS from her. she has been nice the whole week until yesterday, which was miraculous itself.

coyote

yesterday at work my coworkers were talking about the paint colors of the walls saying that the color was dull. i was close to my supervisor because i was asking her to check something for me and under her breath in a condescending, nasty tone she said, "it's dull in every way here," implying that i was dull.

later, i asked my other coworker if she heard that and she said she didn't hear it- but she definitely believed it! she said that is how she's treated previous employees and to go to HR. but if i go to HR i have no leverage and i will look like a problem employee right? i am a temp who has been there for four months. my supervisor's been there for like 8 years, permanently. what will be the ramifications of going to HR?

i am getting sick of this passive-aggressive BS from her. she has been nice the whole week until yesterday, which was miraculous itself.

from the way you described it, it's not clear that she meant you, specifically

perhaps she meant the whole place

from what you've said before, it sounds like she's a very unhappy person

pity her for having had to suffer there for eight years and try not to take it personally

she's just a miserable bitch

you're right, it doesn't sound like there's much recourse with HR - most companies are reluctant to do anything about people's rotten personalities as long as they're not jeopardizing the company in any way measurable

i always make it a personal challenge to not let people like that get to me, because i don't want to see them win. so i make it a game to see how well i can get along with them, and turn it into a win for ME instead

Illusions

I kinda just want to have a good, long conversation right now. The sort that can go on for hours at a time because there's just so much to talk about.

Rembrandt Broam

Are you sure that was the implication? It's easy for many of us to assume that negative comments are aimed at us, but most of the time they probably aren't.