How are you feeling?

MikeyC

Like im going to die. Theres never been a time where ive eaten fast food and afterwards have said "Im glad I ate that".
And yet we continue to persist with eating it.

I have hardly ever eaten fast food and then completely regretted it, nor do I ever feel as bad afterwards as some people do. Maybe I'm just used to all that crap entering my body?

There are some great fast food places around here, actually. It doesn't start and end with McDonald's. ;)

this_portrait

^ While we're on the topic of food that's bad for you in excess, I feel sickly right now after eating some PopTarts (well, they're actually called Toaster Tarts, since they're a cheaper, generic brand, but same thing nonetheless). The last time I ate was a little past 8:00 this morning, so that might be why I feel sickly. Probably would've been better off eating some red grapes.

Yes, there are plenty of decent fast food places, but my main problem with them is that they can be soooo damn pricey.

MikeyC

Yes, there are plenty of decent fast food places, but my main problem with them is that they can be soooo damn pricey.
Some of them can be, yeah, but around here I can get a lunch special at a Thai restaurant for $12 or less (cheap for Australia). Although there's a burger place where if I can get a big burger, fries, and a drink, I'm paying nearly $20 for one meal.

I would pay that much at KFC or somewhere if I were to go there, and I'm getting better quality food, so I guess it's about the same sort of price.

Labyrinthine

All this talk of fast food is making me crave a fish burrito from a local fast food place. The shame!
But it is oh so tasty.

I'm feeling particularly tired this evening. It's one of those days where I feel so tired, I don't think any of my thoughts even make all that much sense. < Just like I don't think this sentence is all that coherent.

Last edited:

MikeyC

Something is off with my mood lately. I'm not depressed, but it's something.

I'm trying not to turn to chocolate for a quick fix. It's getting more and more difficult.

Starry

^ Keep focused Mikey, your mood will pass, but the health benefits of cutting down on chocolate will remain with you! Feel better soon. :)

Tired... Got little sleep again last night due to my blasted sacroiliac joint aching badly again... Will it never get better? *Sigh*

MikeyC

^ Keep focused Mikey, your mood will pass, but the health benefits of cutting down on chocolate will remain with you! Feel better soon. :)
I know. I just don't know what's wrong. I've put it down to a lack of sleep and being fed up of living at home.

Tired... Got little sleep again last night due to my blasted sacroiliac joint aching badly again... Will it never get better? *Sigh*
Sacroiliac joint? What's that?

Starry

I know. I just don't know what's wrong. I've put it down to a lack of sleep and being fed up of living at home.

Well, either way, feel better soon. :)

Sacroiliac joint? What's that?

It's the joint between the sacrum and the ilium of the pelvis...

SIJOINT.gif

>>Wiki-Clicky<<

MikeyC

It's the joint between the sacrum and the ilium of the pelvis...
I see. Sounds like it would be painful if that started hurting, much like yours is. I have no idea what you could do or what medicines you could take to reduce it, because I've only just now discovered what it is, but hopefully you know a lot more than I. :)

Starry

I see. Sounds like it would be painful if that started hurting, much like yours is. I have no idea what you could do or what medicines you could take to reduce it, because I've only just now discovered what it is, but hopefully you know a lot more than I. :)

Yes, it's quite painful... At the moment I've improved it a lot with physio and support over the joint. A month or two ago I was having trouble just walking with it as it was causing problems with my sciatic nerve and sending pain right down my leg and also making it very painful to stand upright... I was having to resort to using a walking stick! :eek: As long as I keep doing the physio I can manage okay in terms of general movement and the pain in my leg has stopped, not to mention I can walk and stand normally again.. But it still aches - mostly at night - and there are some movements I cannot do at all due to pain. (like leg raises for example)...

It seems I have little in the way of options, painkillers, physio and support are all I can do... And I don't bother with painkillers as I don't like medication...

MikeyC

Yes, it's quite painful... At the moment I've improved it a lot with physio and support over the joint. A month or two ago I was having trouble just walking with it as it was causing problems with my sciatic nerve and sending pain right down my leg and also making it very painful to stand upright... I was having to resort to using a walking stick! :eek: As long as I keep doing the physio I can manage okay in terms of general movement and the pain in my leg has stopped, not to mention I can walk and stand normally again.. But it still aches - mostly at night - and there are some movements I cannot do at all due to pain. (like leg raises for example)...

It seems I have little in the way of options, painkillers, physio and support are all I can do... And I don't bother with painkillers as I don't like medication...
Do whatever works for you, and if physio is doing it, keep at it. Using a walking stick all the time would be terrible but at least you're getting better.

KiaKaha

Banned
Not the greatest. Ugh. But a little better than last night. damn sometimes I can barely breathe or think properly.
Thank you for all of your care SPW - thank you for your love. I only know most of you through words - but without it, I dont think I could get by at all.

MikeyC

Not the greatest. Ugh. But a little better than last night. damn sometimes I can barely breathe or think properly.
Thank you for all of your care SPW - thank you for your love. I only know most of you through words - but without it, I dont think I could get by at all.
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, mate. :)

Nathália

Stupid/exhausted. Yesterday night I had family come over and even from out of town. They were drinking and cutting a fool and talking about everyone. They are super superstitious, racist, and prejudice even without the liquor in their system. My mother has a big mouth she put me on the spot and told all of my business and she went there about other things too. It made me so glad I never really told her other things because my family would abuse me to the grave until I did things the way they wanted to. I wanted to throw up. It was a horrible night for me.

MikeyC

Stupid/exhausted. Yesterday night I had family come over and even from out of town. They were drinking and cutting a fool and talking about everyone. They are super superstitious, racist, and prejudice even without the liquor in their system. My mother has a big mouth she put me on the spot and told all of my business and she went there about other things too. It made me so glad I never really told her other things because my family would abuse me to the grave until I did things the way they wanted to. I wanted to throw up. It was a horrible night for me.
If I knew that was going to happen I would've made some excuse and gotten the hell out of there.