How are you feeling?

dottie

i have liberated myself from the job that i detested so much.

i feel relieved. elated. happy. free. i will need to find employment again, i will make significantly less money, and endure hardships along the way. but... i will now also be pursuing my dream. this is no longer a dream. it is an active goal that i am going to make happen with or without the support of anyone else.

as far as support goes, this will be with minimal support of anyone else. what little family i have is indifferent, at best. financial support? hah. friends have provided moral support and that is what i have to focus on to fuel my fire.

when i left my job most people were curious. some people were supportive. some were not (not overtly, but you can tell). these are the ones who are secretly envious that you have the balls to follow your dreams while they choose to stay in their cage. i can't do it. it is not me.

i'm not done growing.

coyote

i feel relieved. elated. happy. free. i will need to find employment again, i will make significantly less money, and endure hardships along the way. but... i will now also be pursuing my dream. this is no longer a dream. it is an active goal that i am going to make happen with or without the support of anyone else.

as far as support goes, this will be with minimal support of anyone else. what little family i have is indifferent, at best. financial support? hah. friends have provided moral support and that is what i have to focus on to fuel my fire.

when i left my job most people were curious. some people were supportive. some were not (not overtly, but you can tell). these are the ones who are secretly envious that you have the balls to follow your dreams while they choose to stay in their cage. i can't do it. it is not me.

i'm not done growing.

awesome! i'm so excited for you

let me know if you need any new clothes - i can get you a discount :ironicsmile:

i'm not done growing.

That's great news!!! What a way to start the new year, awesomeness!

i'm not done growing.

Way to go dottie!:thumbup: I do admire your courage, I wish you all the luck possible in following your dream.:)

... I'm supposed to do the washing/Laundry, but I've decided to do it tomorrow instead (I have to do it by hand, so it takes a while).

Just curious, why do you have to do it by hand? is that by choice?:thinking:

1BlackSheep

i'm not done growing.
Good for you! :applause: I know exactly how you feel though. A lot of people thought I was crazy when I left a good paying job at a very popular company. But, I wasn't happy and needed a change. Ya' gotta do what you gotta do! It will all work out in the end, even if it seems scary along the way. Best of luck with your journey to happiness!

twiggle

I am feeling :D Great evening out.

P.S @ dottie, that's great news. I'm pleased you were able to take that step - to get out of that job, onwards and upwards now hey!

I had steak this evening. And my mom brought me some walnuts. It was really considerate, I love walnuts.

Also did some laundry today. So I'm feeling pretty good. :3

Phoenixx

I was feeling good. Then I checked my Facebook for some stupid reason. I'm not sure why I even bother having one, I'm constantly deactivating it and activating it again -- for what reason I don't even know. Even when I do have it I barely check it anyway. Whenever I do though, I feel depressed every single time. No one talks to me on there anymore. Even when I tried to before, I was basically ignored. It's always a constant reminder of the friends I used to have that no longer care about me.

The only reason I activated it this time around was to get back into my GoodReads account, which I love. I just need to learn how to stay very far away from my Facebook.

Srijita52

I was feeling good. Then I checked my Facebook for some stupid reason. I'm not sure why I even bother having one, I'm constantly deactivating it and activating it again -- for what reason I don't even know. Even when I do have it I barely check it anyway. Whenever I do though, I feel depressed every single time. No one talks to me on there anymore. Even when I tried to before, I was basically ignored. It's always a constant reminder of the friends I used to have that no longer care about me.

The only reason I activated it this time around was to get back into my GoodReads account, which I love. I just need to learn how to stay very far away from my Facebook.
I'm sorry, its the same reason why I don't even have the guts to open an account. I hope you feel better soon.
Feeling a bit unaccomplished, I had plans to get some things done today and it just didn't happen.
That sucks, somedays aren't just perfect. It happens to everyone. I hope you can get the things done tomorrow.
F*cking mad.
What's wrong?

i'm not done growing.
That's awesome dottie. Good luck with following your dreams. :)

MikeyC

I've just found out from a friend that another friend's boyfriend has now turned his abuse of his girlfriend (who is one of my best friends) into a physical form. Apparently it was the last straw, she was going to leave him, but then he apologised and she changed her mind.
I feel helpless - still - in this situation. It just escalates and escalates. And who knows where it will end.
Blurch.
I think this is the time where you can get more involved if you want to. Domestic violence shouldn't be tolerated, and this guy will attack again. What a deadbeat.

On a lighter note, I'm meeting the boy again on Friday and I'm pleased he's still interested after going home for Christmas :)
Fantastic! I hope this keeps going well for you! :D

Actually Mikey This deserves more than a smiley
Thanks, Jewel! Not too sure where this is going to head yet but the future will reveal its secrets. Looking forward to seeing how all this will turn out.

MikeyC

i'm not done growing.
That job has been bad news from the beginning, so it's good you're out of there. Time to grow!

I'll chat to you on there if you want me to. :thumbup: I'm sorry that's happening. ::(:

twiggle

I think this is the time where you can get more involved if you want to. Domestic violence shouldn't be tolerated, and this guy will attack again. What a deadbeat.

I spoke to friends and we've agreed to tell each other everything that we find out what he does. That way, none of us will fall for his friendly facade which he puts on around her friends.

I want to step on him with big brown boot.

Fantastic! I hope this keeps going well for you! :D

Thanks Mikey, he's lovely, I can't wait to see him again. I'm not the kind of person who actively looks for love, and I'm happy being single... so the fact I'm feeling this way about it, I'm even surprising myself haha.

1BlackSheep

I just nicked my thumb with a knife while cutting open a baked potato. Damn thing won't stop bleeding! Death by baked potato is not how I imagined I'd go! :bigsmile:

awkwardamanda

I feel like absolute $#!+ today. One of my friends moved away in the summer and she's in town visiting for a few days. We had planned to get together this afternoon and I was running kinda late, which is typical for me, and just as I was about to text her and say I was ready to leave, she sent me a text because she was planning to meet some other people shortly after and couldn't wait much longer. I didn't realize she had to take off so soon. She has most of her trip planned out, but I think we can meet up for a bit tomorrow afternoon. It's a good thing I don't have many friends. I would only disappoint them. I sat around moping all afternoon. I can never forgive myself for stupid crap like that. I was so mad at myself I dug my nails into my arms to punish myself. I left a few marks. It relieves stress, dammit. Now I understand why people cut themselves.:kickingmyself: