How are you feeling?

Ithior

Why do you think no-one cares? And why do you feel other people's problems are more serious or complicated than your own? What you're talking about doesn't seem like a petty issue to me.

So far I've only been to the avoidant personality disorder subforum (I don't think I have a disorder, but I do have some avoidant traits I guess), and the problems I read about there seem much more serious than mine. I don't have serious financial issues, I'm doing fine in university, I've never been bullied, I don't have depression nor am I on anti-depressants, I don't have suicidal thoughts, etc.
The worst thought I had that could somewhat relate to that suicidal thought thing would be getting away from this city and starting anew somewhere else.

And for example, my university problems are about me not getting the grade I wanted, but if I complained about it to my friends while still getting good grades anyway it would seem like an insult to them, since most times I don't even try as hard as they do but I get better grades anyway. So I just feel like my problems aren't very serious and they just seem somewhat arrogant to me.

Phoenixx

I'm feeling so much better today than I have the last two weeks. I finally got around to doing all the stuff I should've done in the beginning of the week, but had no ambition to. College textbooks are all ordered, supplies almost all bought -- have to finish that up this weekend when I go back out, and I finally contacted my doctor this morning regarding the emotional craziness and mess I get every month.

If you get some suggestions, please share! :)
^ He recommended I try Wild Yam Root. I haven't taken it yet and now won't until next month, but I'm definitely going to try it to see if it'll work. I really hope it does. If not, he'll be giving me another recommendation.

How do I feel? Like I've lost everything except my immediate family members, I guess. One of my worst nightmares has come true, and it's all my fault.

If I wasn't so dead serious the melodrama would be funny. Well maybe it's funny anyway, if you aren't me...

I need to stuff my desperation down, I can't come on here daily moaning about my life and bring everyone down. Just had to say something though. I'm just not in a good place, again. So mortified. And the guilt, god the guilt...

1BlackSheep

sorry to hear that. have you gone to see a doctor. three weeks of having to deal with flu symptoms is far too long. :sad:
Thanks Planemo! I tried booking an appt online but she doesn't have any available so I'll call tomorrow and see if there's any same-day appts open.

Cough, cough, cough...

I'm feeling so much better today than I have the last two weeks.
Yay!!! :)

How do I feel? Like I've lost everything except my immediate family members, I guess. One of my worst nightmares has come true, and it's all my fault.
Oh my, that doesn't sound good! Hope everything will be ok.

Last edited:

MikeyC

I'm back from my second trip to Melbourne. More making out with that girl and getting close to her. If she lived here, I would probably be a boyfriend by now, but that's not the case. It was awesome a second time around again, so I'm very happy I made the effort to go back.

I start work again on Sunday, so there's not a lot of time to recuperate. I hope I get the same zest I'm feeling now when I'm back to working all the time again!

Also I missed a 45C day here, so I'm very pleased with that!

I'm back from my second trip to Melbourne. More making out with that girl and getting close to her. If she lived here, I would probably be a boyfriend by now, but that's not the case. It was awesome a second time around again, so I'm very happy I made the effort to go back.

I start work again on Sunday, so there's not a lot of time to recuperate. I hope I get the same zest I'm feeling now when I'm back to working all the time again!

lol, good timing to be away from the heat Mikey :perfect:

Good to hear you had another good time with your female friend :giggle: Welcome back.

MikeyC

I'm feeling kinda proud of myself. I have no cooking experience to speak of, but I was feeling ambitious and decided to try cooking a steak. It actually turned out pretty good.:)
Well done! Sometimes the smaller achievements can be the best ones. Steak is delicious when cooked correctly. I guess you're going to cook it some more?

The only real tension I am under at the moment, is a work situation. There is one of the office gossips going around saying that she is worried I am going to hit on her. This is acutely embarassing, I have no interest whatsoever, and spend most of my time trying to avoid her. I don't enjoy speaking to her. I think I heard the gossips suggest that it was weird that I was avoiding her.

On the one hand she is worried I am going to hit on her, and then I go for months without even saying hello. That's my unspoken message of "I'm not interested." and on the other hand she seems aggrieved when I avoid her, like I did when I saw her at the shops.

I don't know of another way to respond to this other than not to react.
That is a strange situation. :question: Not reacting is probably your best course at the moment, considering how unusual this is. Does she want you to talk to her? Perhaps, but that's a bad way to go about it.

Kinda meh today. Will be pleased to be in a different environment this weekend.
I hope you're okay, twiggle!

Going into week 3 of having this cold/flu thing - ugh. I'm soooo tired of coughing!!! :thumbdown:
That is a long time to be coughing! I bet your stomach muscles are feeling the pinch at the moment. I hope it passes soon for you! :)

MikeyC

lol, good timing to be away from the heat Mikey :perfect:

Good to hear you had another good time with your female friend :giggle: Welcome back.
You got that right! Apparently it broke records and my mum was feeling dizzy all day. Crazy!

Yeah, it was obviously awesome, hehe. Thank you. I hope you've been well, too. :)

:) I follow this with interest. I am really glad to hear you so happy, if she makes you happy she has my approval :thumbup:

The only real tension I am under at the moment, is a work situation. There is one of the office gossips going around saying that she is worried I am going to hit on her. This is acutely embarassing, I have no interest whatsoever, and spend most of my time trying to avoid her. I don't enjoy speaking to her. I think I heard the gossips suggest that it was weird that I was avoiding her.

On the one hand she is worried I am going to hit on her, and then I go for months without even saying hello. That's my unspoken message of "I'm not interested." and on the other hand she seems aggrieved when I avoid her, like I did when I saw her at the shops.

Sounds like wishful thinking in her part. :rolleyes:

kiwong said:
I don't know of another way to respond to this other than not to react

I actually think that's the right way to deal with it, just don't dignify it with a response.

Sounds like wishful thinking in her part. silly woman :rolleyes:

kiwong said:
I don't know of another way to respond to this other than not to react

I actually think that's the right way to deal with it, just don't dignify it with a response.

Srijita52

I'm feeling good, not sure why but right now I just want to enjoy the moment without thinking too much. :)

That's super awesome Mikey! Good to know you're having a great time. :)
What's wrong Graeme?