How are you feeling?

Nervous nervous nervous!! I've to be in somekind of a group setting tomorrow with a bunch of really loud and outgoing people. And while I'm trying to calm myself by telling that it won't be that big of a deal, I can't help thinking how awkward I might seem or how I'll make a fool of myself. I don't want to avoid it either but meh this anxiety is going to keep me awake tonight.

I know what you mean Srijita. Do you tend to retreat further when you are around those types of people? I have yet to find a way to lesson the impact of having to be around outgoing people :idontknow:
The old advice to "imagine them naked" has not helped me so far! :bigsmile:
I hope this group setting turns out ok for you, Srijita.

MikeyC

Mikey you are an extraordinarily wonderful person (that is obvious) and I´m not worried about you finding love / meeting a person who is just right for you.

I´ve been in several relationships but for the time being I have given up on the whole concept. I believe in love and I´m sure I will experience more relationships... Right now I just can´t take any more of all that.

Oh and yes ice cream is almost like love.
Thank you for the compliments. :) I hope you get to find someone when you're ready, as well. :)

Nervous nervous nervous!! I've to be in somekind of a group setting tomorrow with a bunch of really loud and outgoing people. And while I'm trying to calm myself by telling that it won't be that big of a deal, I can't help thinking how awkward I might seem or how I'll make a fool of myself. I don't want to avoid it either but meh this anxiety is going to keep me awake tonight.
Good luck, Srijita! I'm sure you'll do great! :applause:

Srijita52

^Thank you Mikey. :)
I know what you mean Srijita. Do you tend to retreat further when you are around those types of people? I have yet to find a way to lesson the impact of having to be around outgoing people :idontknow:
The old advice to "imagine them naked" has not helped me so far! :bigsmile:
I hope this group setting turns out ok for you, Srijita.
^Yep, I find that I become way more tongue tied when I'm around them. Then they comment how quiet I am which kind of makes me more self conconscious. Thank you, I hope so too.

Phoenixx

^ I wish I could give you some words of encouragement in situations like that. Like BlueDays, I have yet to actually find something that really helps me endure being around those loud, outgoing types. Hope everything goes well tomorrow for you, Srijita. Good luck!

I'm feeling pretty good, despite how exhausted I am. Last night was pretty fun and today I spent a majority of the day hanging out with friends again. I'm trying to get in as much time as I can before my one friend moves on Monday.

My mom also just notified me tonight (at pretty much the last minute) that there's a graduation picnic thing for a friend of the family tomorrow that we have to go to, plus we're going to stop at my uncle's house on the way since it's nearby to where we're going to be. I didn't realize this weekend was going to be so sociable. I'm already feeling drained. As much as I do like to get out once in a while, a whole day spent around people is already enough to want me to stay inside for a few days just to recuperate.

Srijita52

^ I wish I could give you some words of encouragement in situations like that. Like BlueDays, I have yet to actually find something that really helps me endure being around those loud, outgoing types. Hope everything goes well tomorrow for you, Srijita. Good luck!

I'm feeling pretty good, despite how exhausted I am. Last night was pretty fun and today I spent a majority of the day hanging out with friends again. I'm trying to get in as much time as I can before my one friend moves on Monday.

My mom also just notified me tonight (at pretty much the last minute) that there's a graduation picnic thing for a friend of the family tomorrow that we have to go to, plus we're going to stop at my uncle's house on the way since it's nearby to where we're going to be. I didn't realize this weekend was going to be so sociable. I'm already feeling drained. As much as I do like to get out once in a while, a whole day spent around people is already enough to want me to stay inside for a few days just to recuperate.

Thank you Pheonixx, I've to be there within a hour or so. Hope it won't be too bad.
I'm glad you're feeling well. I understand the feeling of being drained though. Maybe if possible you can have the next week to yourself.

jaim38

ALmost on the verge of tears. I read a tragic manga and it was so touching seeing the main character having to say goodbye to her wonderful friends. I heard the ending sucks. Oh well.

springk

I dont know. I really dont find myself capable of doing anything. Things are really wrong with me, i am like this, why?!

Srijita52

So I'm back from the gathering, it wasn't really bad. I had a few awkward moments here and there but I'm glad I went, it definitely feels better than beating myself up for not going.

Srijita52

I'm feeling angry, violated...I hate how I let people control and manipulate me, sometimes it just feels like I'm too nice to the point that people use this against me. Ugh! Why can't I just say no!!

Phoenixx

So I'm back from the gathering, it wasn't really bad. I had a few awkward moments here and there but I'm glad I went, it definitely feels better than beating myself up for not going.
^ That's good to hear. :) I can understand that you're still glad you went despite your awkward moments. I often feel that way too, going to gatherings and such. Despite what happens or how we feel in the moment, I feel it is much better than beating ourselves up over avoiding the situations. It's good to get out once in a while, as much as we want to fight it!

MollyBeGood

Tired of spending life cancelling out on people that I love. I'm about to do it again right now.

Hi-Why don't you challenge yourself and go against what you have so often done and loathed yourself for doing and Go for a change? Then all of the sudden you will no longer be in the mode of self talk that you "always cancel on the ones you love."

I am often amazed at how simple one act of doing something we thought we were always going to do, or not do in your case, can immediately erase so much negativity we have about ourselves.

Last edited:

selon

I am often amazed at how simple one act of doing something we thought we were always going to do, or not do in your case, can immediately erase so much negativity we have about ourselves.

True... easier said than done though :(

I'm just pretty much terrified. Have to talk to my parents and my supervisor next week, gotta go to the bank and cancel my phone contract and talk to my landlord. I KNOW these are ridiculously easy things to do but right now I'm just like 'woooa' :eek:mg:

Phoenixx

Back to feeling pretty down again. I've been in this dark cloud for about a month now. Every so often it gets a little better (like the past two days, they were great), but I feel like I always get thrown back in. :sad:

For once I wish I could be happy for more than just 2 days at a time.