How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Hey, friend. We take you seriously. Good thoughts going out to you!

Hey! Aye, ah know... an' that's much appreciated, being taken serious on here, the good thoughts an' aw that. Honest. It's just buckin' - ah know the first letter should be "F" - irritatin' that am seen as a effin' comedian... Ah hardly even huv tae open ma gob tae speak, rarely ever do now since it's usually greeted with a laugh, - oldest sister usually - followed by "Aw, this'll be funny... watch this. Graeme gonnae say sumthin' funny. Here we go..." :eek:h: Aye, believe me that's the only downside tae being Scottish ah can find - naturally funny, even when we're no tryin' tae be. Ah know, it's a f**kin' pain in the arse.

selon

Binge eating the last few days... didn't do it for soooo long and now I just feel like shit.

Why do we go back to problems we've overcome already???!

jaim38

Feeling jealous. There was this girl at volunteer work who is an overachiever. During her first week with us, she contributed a lot of work to our organization. My boss keeps praising her saying she's so motivated, and she's only 16! Meanwhile my boss has been expressing disappointment with other volunteers' work, and I think he wants me to do more, be more like this girl.

This girl reminds me of when I was in high school. I was loading my schedule with as many advanced classes as possible, doing my best at everything (Calculus, physics, biology, etc) in order to get straight As every year. I must have joined at least 5 clubs, including art, chemistry, french, and national honor society. I did as much as I could academically and spread myself very thin.

In contrast, my classmate dropped out of an advanced English class and only enrolled in 2 or 3 extracurricular activities. His GPA was lower than mine, as was his class ranking. He was only interested in computers. After high school, he went to college and graduated with an IT job, which pays probably at least 50K a year.

On the other hand, after I graduated high school, I had no idea what I want for a career. No clue. I tried out different classes, switched majors a lot. I wasted 4 years in college with student loans before finding out my passion.

I don't know if this girl Jessica will turn out just like me, trying to be the best at everything, trying to please people, etc. It's a dangerous road to travel down. I've heard about parents forcing their kids to take piano lessons, swimming lessons, language lessons, art lessons, etc. In fact I know several kids who had to do this, and they're high achievers. But I just don't think being the best at everything is really the right approach.

In my volunteer work, I didn't like my position at all. Everytime I had to do work duties, I cringe. And I'm not even good at what I'm doing. I want to quit sometime this year. I want to devote my time to doing things that relate to my passion, not wasting time (again!) doing things that emphasize my weaknesses and cause me stress. So, I give up being the jack of all trades.

I feel the pressure to compete with her, to work harder and better, but I know in the end it won't be worth it. I don't want to waste my time doing something that won't improve my skills or well being. If I compete with her, I won't have time to pursue my passion. Plus, there's the slippery slope of kissing feet.

Last edited:

MikeyC

Binge eating the last few days... didn't do it for soooo long and now I just feel like shit.

Why do we go back to problems we've overcome already???!
Binge eating is a problem that affects more people than we realise. Overcoming such a thing is great, and you should feel proud.

Relapsing can happen sometimes, though.

jaim38

In contrast, my classmate dropped out of an advanced English class and only enrolled in 2 or 3 extracurricular activities. His GPA was lower than mine, as was his class ranking. He was only interested in computers. After high school, he went to college and graduated with an IT job, which pays probably at least 50K a year.

On the other hand, after I graduated high school, I had no idea what I want for a career. No clue. I tried out different classes, switched majors a lot. I wasted 4 years in college with student loans before finding out my passion.

I probably sound like a gold digger saying this so I just wanna clarify I'm not a gold digger. What I meant is trying to be the best at everything can backfire on you. My classmate was smart - I bet he already had his future road map laid out before he started college. Me on the other hand, I have no plan. I just jump on the bandwagon, follow other people. For instance Nursing is a hot recession-proof profession with high salaries so I went with it. I didn't even bother to ask myself if that's the right career for me. It was later on when I went through a journey of self-discovery (part of the spirituality process) that I realized my interests, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Phoenixx

It's a Fiona Apple kind of day.
^ Isn't that everyday? :giggle:

I'm feeling.... bored. And annoyed. And lazy. I tried doing a Nuzlocke challenge on Pokemon Emerald. I failed miserably and I'm not doing it again. (Or at least for a while, heh. And maybe with a different game.) I really feel like starting either Pokemon Black 2 or SoulSilver, but I refuse to let myself play at all until my room is clean, my laundry that's been dumped on the floor all week is put away, my book is read, my history homework completed, a nutrional progress report is written up (that should've been completed last week!), and a letter is written.

So many things to do I really don't feel like doing. :|

Disgusted.

A girl who goes to my former high school recently killed herself. Here are some of the statuses of my former classmates:

"Its natural selection, pure and simple. Human nature cannot be changed, and the strongest learn from their surroundings, adapt, and survive. Bullshit excuses and pointing fingers will not make a difference. End quote."

"That just shows you're a coward. Stay strong people! NEVER LOSE HOPE!"

MikeyC

Disgusted.

A girl who goes to my former high school recently killed herself. Here are some of the statuses of my former classmates:

"Its natural selection, pure and simple. Human nature cannot be changed, and the strongest learn from their surroundings, adapt, and survive. Bullshit excuses and pointing fingers will not make a difference. End quote."

Wow. Just...wow. :eek:mg:

Somewhat better, a counsellor just talked to me and wants to make a plan tomorrow for Summer to work on myself.. Wonder what it will be. Can't wait for tomorrow.....

Graeme1988

Tired, ah guess. Depressed. Passive. Ah don't know... Ah don't really like masel' at the moment. Ach! Ma emotional state is a catastof**k!

Feel like givin' up tae be honest. Ah cannae grin 'n' bare it anymair. :sad: Family treats me like crap, just uses n' takes advantage o' me - and condesend me. Am startin' tae wonder if that's because o' ma disability? :idontknow: But then ma mum telt me the other day just tae forget about it, as she always does, because it's easier tae just accept being treated like shit than tae stand up fur yersel' & that am a volatile, mouthy wee bas***d (ma words, there, but the gist o' it).

Huvin' said that everytime ah try 'n' be assertive or serious, in anyway, am just laughed at, especially by ma oldest sister, whom am startin' f**kin' hate & despise. It's like everything ah say is hilariously funny, Maybe ah would be taken more seriously if ah got rid o' ma Scottish accent? :thinking: It's ironic, innit? Ye spend maist o' yer life, at least in ma case, makin' other folk happy that ye forget how tae make yersel' happy - and that's why most comedians are depressive, miserable c*nts! :ironicsmile:

Dinosaur

Disgusted.

This makes me so angry.... Wish I knew these people so I could speak my mind to them face to face

Graeme1988

Well... that's aw ah need, innit? F**kin' forced social interaction wi' someone ah don't know or give f**k about - Great! :kickingmyself: As ye can probably tell am no a very nice person! In fact... am startin' tae think am just here tae serve others, make 'em happy. Godfor-f**kin'-bid that ah actually be happy. Maybe a few years o' therapy'll help me get over this constant need tae f**kin' please others.

Sorry fur being so introverted, bytheway - am always apologies fur the way ah am, it seems.
:sad:

MikeyC

i dont think they will take me seriously and my brother has a good way of twisting my words and making me sound crazy and that its my fault and i think i would be too scared to do that anyway. i dont get hit in the face often or something maybe i make it sound worse than it is i have a lot of bruises on my arms and legs though and yes suffocating to stop me crying and laughing after hitting me usually i hate that sometimes pay him to stop but still laughing
Maybe it is not as bad as you're conveying, but he still suffocates you and you're paying him to stop, and you have all sorts of bruises. That's domestic violence and you can go to the police, no matter what your brother says.

You say he has a way of twisting your words? Emotional manipulation right there. Another reason to go. Do you want to put up with this for life?

jaim38

So yesterday I was jealous of this girl J who was a super-achieving volunteer, the dream volunteer that my boss would love to have. Today I came upon this article:

Why good deeds don’t go unpunished | Ars Technica

And now I feel bad for being jealous of J. Instead of being jealous I should be praising and thanking her for her contributions. And she's a volunteer doing work for free! I guess something about her triggered my competitive spirit, like I feel threatened all of a sudden. Well I'm glad I didn't take anything out on her.

Srijita52

Eh not too good. On a positive note, I'm trying to face my fears, not that its going great but atleast I'm trying to work on something, lets hope I get somewhere eventually.

Graeme1988

Other than wishin' ma sister would drop the f**kin' smug, stuck-up, emotionally manipulative, superiority complex 'n' treat me like her f**kin' wee brother - and less like how ma dad treated me. Ah think ah'll snap 'n' tell her that one day soon, actually... Eh, no great! :sad: Ma tolerence for people is pretty low, family included. It's seems, like everything else in ma life, what little self-confidence ah huv has left me.

Surprised that am still here, tae be honest. F**k knows why? :idontknow: :crying:

Eh not too good. On a positive note, I'm trying to face my fears, not that its going great but atleast I'm trying to work on something, lets hope I get somewhere eventually.

Aw, good for you, Srijita, darlin'... Nice tae hear, well the positive side, anyway. Sorry yer no too good at the moment. Feel better soon. :thumbup: