How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I been feeling the same the last few days. Now that I'm reading some of these posts.. I finally started having tears run down my face. I feel sorry for myself. I hope you can cheer up soon.. I hope I can too, because it sucks to feel bad and feel alone.

Aww, yer gonnae make me greet as well, noo...
sosad.gif

Sorry tae hear yer also feelin' the same way, shyflower. Ah wish ah could say summit tae make ye feel better or make ye somethin' funny tae make ye laugh a wee bit. But ah can't, since ah've bin feelin' down lately.

Ah've bin feelin' conflicted aboot cuttin' contact wi' certain members o' ma family since ah'd feel better not bein' around 'em, considerin' how crappy they make me feel. But ah never articulate ma feelin's since I'm always told ah'm in the wrong. So I'm kinda at ma wits end at the moment... Unsure of what's best in ma current situation. Carry on as if everythin's fine and dandy or remove the people from ma life who're makin' me feel miserable? Family or otherwise...

Anyway, hope ye cheer up soon, darlin'. You and me both, in fact. :thumbup:

GraybeardGhost

I know how you feel.

Hitch hiking scares me though. My car broke down a few yrs ago on my way home from work and some guy almost tried to make me get into his car-freaked me out bad.
You do know I was speaking metaphorically, right? :p

I had a similar experience one time when I was about fourteen or fifteen. I was walking along a road late at night, and this guy kept driving past and stopping to talk to me, trying to convince me to "go for a ride" with him. :eek: He didn't try to force me into his car or anything, but he definitely did not have my best interests in mind. That's not the only time something happened along those lines, either. Seems I was a very pretty young dude once.

Asking for help is about the hardest thing ever *hugs*

What if nobody cares? that is my biggest fear.
I worry about that, too. Also, what if my anxiety proves so great that I can't face getting help for my anxiety? I have to make a phone call tomorrow about one of those ordinary responsibilities that pop up frequently in adult life. It's not a big deal, nothing new, just regular once-a-year thing, and it'll all be over before I know it, but I'm dreading it all the same. Therapy is a much bigger deal, and a much scarier phone call. It means starting a new long-term relationship with someone—an unknown, unpredictable someone—with all the trust, intimacy, and exposure issues that implies. It means opening up a big ol' can of worms—perhaps more than one—and letting them squirm all over the place while some stranger observes and judges. What if my worms are too big or too small? What if my issues are too great to fix or too petty to bother with? I've been around the mental health industry enough to know that some practitioners are better than others. What if this hypothetical stranger turns out to be a bully or a quack—I've seen both types working in the field—or is too lazy, apathetic, or arrogant to help anyone at all? There are a lot of what-ifs at the other end of that line, and that makes it really hard to pick up the phone and dial.

Then there's the cost. What if I no longer qualify for the affordable services I used to get, or insurance (which I don't even have) won't cover it? There's a CBT center across the street from me, so close I could plink their windows with a slingshot were it not for a few dozen trees in the way. Their website claims the cost of treatment is about the same as a monthly car payment, but that's pretty darn vague. Are we talking about a used Kia here, or a brand new Lexus? It won't help me much overall if they fix my head, but bleed me white in the process. I truly hate the life I lead now, but I'd still rather be alone and unhappy than homeless and hungry. I'm barely making it where I am. My ability to survive on the streets would be close to nil.

Thus anxiety preserves and protects itself, and thus it breeds and builds, growing bigger and stronger until it approaches invincibility. I hate that sumbitch. :veryangry:

It takes a real man to ask for help when he needs it.
I totally agree, but sometimes I wonder if I fit the description. :sad:

shyflower

Aww, yer gonnae make me greet as well, noo...
sosad.gif

Sorry tae hear yer also feelin' the same way, shyflower. Ah wish ah could say summit tae make ye feel better or make ye somethin' funny tae make ye laugh a wee bit. But ah can't, since ah've bin feelin' down lately.

Ah've bin feelin' conflicted aboot cuttin' contact wi' certain members o' ma family since ah'd feel better not bein' around 'em, considerin' how crappy they make me feel. But ah never articulate ma feelin's since I'm always told ah'm in the wrong. So I'm kinda at ma wits end at the moment... Unsure of what's best in ma current situation. Carry on as if everythin's fine and dandy or remove the people from ma life who're makin' me feel miserable? Family or otherwise...

Anyway, hope ye cheer up soon, darlin'. You and me both, in fact. :thumbup:

I have been pondering on letting certain people in my life go as well. I always have people tell me that I need to make amends with them..even though I feel like the conflict was none of my fault. I don't need people around me who just don't care or give a sh** about me and only think of themselves. I know that I can let go of them in real life providing I don't have to come in contact with them or speak to them when I see them, but I seem to be having a time letting go of them in my mind. I am letting their treating me badly take over my thoughts and I don't know how to get rid of those thoughts. I don't know why it is bothering me so much because I am sure it isn't bothering them.

Graeme1988

I have been pondering on letting certain people in my life go as well. I always have people tell me that I need to make amends with them..even though I feel like the conflict was none of my fault. I don't need people around me who just don't care or give a sh** about me and only think of themselves. I know that I can let go of them in real life providing I don't have to come in contact with them or speak to them when I see them, but I seem to be having a time letting go of them in my mind. I am letting their treating me badly take over my thoughts and I don't know how to get rid of those thoughts. I don't know why it is bothering me so much because I am sure it isn't bothering them.

Aye, ah can definitely relate there.

shyflower

Less miserable with the acid reflux problem I have had for a few years. I went out and bought Nexium yesterday and took one this morning and I didn't fell blah for once. It had gotten so bad the past few weeks that nothing was working. I'm hoping this is the cure for me. I think it could have been some of my problem with insomnia because I would wake up and feel so bad. I'm praying this is the cure :praying:

Lavinialuna

Less miserable with the acid reflux problem I have had for a few years. I went out and bought Nexium yesterday and took one this morning and I didn't fell blah for once. It had gotten so bad the past few weeks that nothing was working. I'm hoping this is the cure for me. I think it could have been some of my problem with insomnia because I would wake up and feel so bad. I'm praying this is the cure :praying:

I take it too, reflux is the pits! Hope you continue to feel better!

Graeme1988

Ah think ah'll do maself in... Jist end the pain and misery. Plus, it's no' like anybuddy would miss me. Maist folk in ma life treat me like shite, anyway. :sad:

^ This wuz whit ah wuz thinkin' aboot last night in bed.

Got a consultant hospital appointment the day tae see aboot gittin' that orthopedic surgery tae help wi' ma cerebal palsy. Ah'm jist no' sure, since ah don't know how long ah'd be off ma feet...

springk

Well I guess its time for another rant. Self pity is destructive but I can feel nothing but self pity. There are lot of things to write and lots of questions in my head. But everything has the same thing at the core of it, I am very unhappy. I can never feel happy for a long time, it is very fickle and short lived.
I have learnt that depending on others for happiness is very sad thing to do. I can't control other person's behavior and I can always get sad about how others behave toward me. I am trying to find some happiness for myself but it can take a couple of no-response from friends and even online ones to completely ruin my illusion of happiness..or a random post on some social media site can very well make me feel sorry for my less than ordinary life.

Graeme1988

Well I guess its time for another rant. Self pity is destructive but I can feel nothing but self pity. There are lot of things to write and lots of questions in my head. But everything has the same thing at the core of it, I am very unhappy. I can never feel happy for a long time, it is very fickle and short lived.

Aye, ma happiness seems tae be rather temporary as well. But ah've kinda learnt tae appreciate and cheerish the happy moments when they occur - that's sounds like a total wanky thing tae say, doesn't it? :bigsmile:

Anyway, sorry tae hear yer not feelin' good about yerself. That's no' good.

I have learnt that depending on others for happiness is very sad thing to do.

Unfortunately, ah learnt that lesson the hard way. Which is probably why ah mainly rely on myself for happiness.

I can't control other person's behavior and I can always get sad about how others behave toward me.

Aye, especially if people treat ye badly. That's awfy depressin'

I am trying to find some happiness for myself but it can take a couple of no-response from friends and even online ones to completely ruin my illusion of happiness..or a random post on some social media site can very well make me feel sorry for my less than ordinary life.

Ah know how ye feel, spingk. It's no' easy but you find happiness for yerself, eventually. Just don't give up on yerself... :thumbup:

Graeme1988

Well, bugger me! I am bloody knacker... On the plus side ma appointment at the orthopedic surgery department o' ma local hospital went well. The tiresome part was gettin' the new x-rays done. Hud'nae got ma feet x-rayed for nearly 5 years and the orthopedic surgeon needed new ones if I'm going to get the surgery. But that'll probably be in 2015 now, since I don't want to be recuperatin' ower Christmas.

MollyBeGood

Well, bugger me! I am bloody knacker... On the plus side ma appointment at the orthopedic surgery department o' ma local hospital went well. The tiresome part was gettin' the new x-rays done. Hud'nae got ma feet x-rayed for nearly 5 years and the orthopedic surgeon needed new ones if I'm going to get the surgery. But that'll probably be in 2015 now, since I don't want to be recuperatin' ower Christmas.

Glad your appt went well Graeme!

Graeme1988

Glad your appt went well Graeme!

Same here... The x-rays took a wee while, but those were done very last minute. Since we just talked about what would happen with the surgery. Thankfully it'll just be from the ankles down. Nothin' like the last surgery ah hud - which is relief.

shyflower

Same here... The x-rays took a wee while, but those were done very last minute. Since we just talked about what would happen with the surgery. Thankfully it'll just be from the ankles down. Nothin' like the last surgery ah hud - which is relief.

I hope things work out and maybe this is a good sign of good things to come for you.. I am hoping the same for me and for many others that need a change for the better in their lives.

Graeme1988

I hope things work out and maybe this is a good sign of good things to come for you.. I am hoping the same for me and for many others that need a change for the better in their lives.

Aye, well, here's hopin', shyflower. :thumbup: Though, I could still do with creating some distance between me and certain family members. Ah'd be alot happier then.