How are you feeling?

me this week :giggle: (funny and true)

732489.gif

moral of the story: in future I'm just going to tend to my own pay issues, and the rest of the team can sort their own pay issues out themselves. I'm not gonna get involved!!!

I actually think that it was very noble of you to try and help everybody. You're heart was in the right place and I think that all parties involved will see that.

And actually I think I'd have done the same. I found this a lot with people in my job before, a lot of people are really spineless they will moan and complain and exaggerate and give out about things but then they don't do anything about it, they just make really inflammatory remarks that wind everybody else up. Soon as a manager appears they're backbone disappears and they suddenly have no problem. Manager goes and they have problem again. I see it in social settings too, people bitch but they'll never own it, they're spineless. They'll sit beside the person they 'hate' and smile. People, more and more are just spineless generally I think. I'm glad I'm not like that.

And you should be glad you stood up for other people cause it shows that you're a nice person trying to improve your colleagues lives and not just all talk like they are.

Last edited:

GraybeardGhost

A guy I know owes me a bunch of bread, and I just kinda hinted to him that I'd like to get paid a small portion of it, even though I know he hasn't got a bean. I'm sure it sounds selfish and petty, but we're talking about A LOT of money here—thousands—and I'm only asking about a few hundred. I didn't even ask for it, just about it (the exact amount is a bit sketchy), but I still feel like a shit. :kickingmyself:

I feel like a part of the furniture myself.

I've always figured you for a floor lamp, the way you brighten things up around here. :cool:

Last edited:
What is the disease??? If you say maybe it will help un-stigmatize it? Idk.

Congrats on your new job! Are you waiting tables?

Thank you. It's actually a coffee shop.

The infection is herpes, although it wasn't transmitted in the... usual way. It's HSV1, the type that prefers the mouth (causes cold sores). Unfortunately, most people aren't aware you can give someone genital herpes if you have a cold sore and are intimate in a specific way.

It's actually frightening how many people have the genital form and don't realize it because most who have it are asymptomatic (AND can pass it to a partner still!).You can only know for sure if you get a specific blood antibody test, and it isn't routinely offered with the standard STI testing package. Scary scary scary.

Last edited:
now

Argh, I swear there is always something wrong with. I hope I am back to normal by next Tuesday when I have to go on a trip. I want to be able to wear contact lenses again by then. I swear eye pain is some of the worst pain. I have keratitis in BOTH my eyes right now, lucky me. I have to wear glasses to mostly see, though things are still a bit blurry. I couldn't even open my eyes this morning and for most of the day because they hurt so much. I also hate hate wearing glasses. Stupid eyes, pleaseeee be normal again.

dottie

Did you?

It's too quiet here with out you :thumbdown:

Nah, I went in to work. Once I got there I had fun. :perfect:

Thank you. It's actually a coffee shop.

Wow I didn't realize baristas got tipped so well.

The infection is herpes, although it wasn't transmitted in the... usual way. It's HSV1, the type that prefers the mouth (causes cold sores). Unfortunately, most people aren't aware you can give someone genital herpes if you have a cold sore and are intimate in a specific way.

It's actually frightening how many people have the genital form and don't realize it because most who have it are asymptomatic (AND can pass it to a partner still!).You can only know for sure if you get a specific blood antibody test, and it isn't routinely offered with the standard STI testing package. Scary scary scary.

That's what I thought you were talking about. I heard that one in three people have it... that IS fricking scary... and condoms mean nothing. :eek: What if you meet the man of your dreams and find out he has it?

worrywort

I actually think that it was very noble of you to try and help everybody. You're heart was in the right place and I think that all parties involved will see that.

And actually I think I'd have done the same. I found this a lot with people in my job before, a lot of people are really spineless they will moan and complain and exaggerate and give out about things but then they don't do anything about it, they just make really inflammatory remarks that wind everybody else up. Soon as a manager appears they're backbone disappears and they suddenly have no problem. Manager goes and they have problem again. I see it in social settings too, people bitch but they'll never own it, they're spineless. They'll sit beside the person they 'hate' and smile. People, more and more are just spineless generally I think. I'm glad I'm not like that.

And you should be glad you stood up for other people cause it shows that you're a nice person trying to improve your colleagues lives and not just all talk like they are.

Thanks for your comments Joule :)

I told my supervisor this morning and she reckons the area manager has told me a pack of lies and she has PROOF!!! She has email records and text messages of all her communications with him. So I'm feeling a little better now for having complained about him. It seems like he might be swindling things a little. But I'm still gonna try and stay out of it all as much as pos in future.

Kiwong

A bit overwhelmed

In the next week or two I have:

Renovations- trying to clean up before my sister arrives.
Finalise a work submission and submit it before a panel.
Get some last minute training for the local half marathon next Sunday.

nodejesque

A guy I know owes me a bunch of bread, and I just kinda hinted to him that I'd like to get paid a small portion of it, even though I know he hasn't got a bean. I'm sure it sounds selfish and petty, but we're talking about A LOT of money here—thousands—and I'm only asking about a few hundred. I didn't even ask for it, just about it (the exact amount is a bit sketchy), but I still feel like a shit.

I was on the same boat with three people. That was an expensive lesson to learn, but I just gave up and realized that it was lost money.

What's worse is that I only hinted at needing the money once, I mean.... I don't understand how they figure that you should ask for it. Anyway, I felt guilty too and just let it go. Even now, I feel guilty when someone asks for money... So I still loan it to them. Just nothing over 150. If they never pay it back, then they usually just stop asking.

shyflower

Feel like I am in a rut. I'm slowly getting to the point where I have no desire to do anything or even leave the house and I don't know how to change that.