How are you feeling?

Nanita

Life weary.

I've been feeling the same today.

I went to my therapist. The bicycle ride to town and back was awful. Too many people and I was extremely self conscious. The sunshine makes me feel more depressed, it's like hey the sun is shining and you should be having a great time out, but I wish it was raining.

shyflower

Feeling pretty angry..frustrated...helpless at the moment.
I separated from my wife of 19 years because she's an alcoholic and she was putting our kids in danger.
I get a phone call from 'child support and maintenance' today and they inform me that I'll have to pay my ex 'child maintenance'.
I say; ' but the kids still live with me.. I'm raising them pretty much on my own now..'
'Unfortunately' she says, ' you earn more money than she does, so you have to pay her.'

The world has literally gone to S***. People don't care who pays the price for someone elses wrong doings.

Lavinialuna

I separated from my wife of 19 years because she's an alcoholic and she was putting our kids in danger.
I get a phone call from 'child support and maintenance' today and they inform me that I'll have to pay my ex 'child maintenance'.
I say; ' but the kids still live with me.. I'm raising them pretty much on my own now..'
'Unfortunately' she says, ' you earn more money than she does, so you have to pay her.'
Would this hold up in court? You should think of fighting this. ridiculous! If the kids are with you, it is actually taking away from them to very probably feed her addiction.

Nope, well... That might change after ah git that surgery next year.
I hope that the surgery gives you more freedom!

Lavinialuna

I feel totally annoyed. I hate the phone, and especially getting calls at night. I have insomnia and anxiety at night, so I avoid the phone at night. I have told my mom this, but she pays no mind and calls me, sometimes after 10 at night. So annoyed by this. Even if I don't answer, I have to have anxiety over whether there was an emergency or something. Just hate that she doesn't respect my boundaries.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I hope that the surgery gives you more freedom!

Aye, ah hope so too. Ah just need to schedule it correctly because ah've already booked 2 concerts for early 2015.

I feel totally annoyed. I hate the phone, and especially getting calls at night. I have insomnia and anxiety at night, so I avoid the phone at night. I have told my mom this, but she pays no mind and calls me, sometimes after 10 at night. So annoyed by this. Even if I don't answer, I have to have anxiety over whether there was an emergency or something. Just hate that she doesn't respect my boundaries.

:thumbdown:

dottie

:idontknow: Just put your phone on silent.

Kiwong

That's very tough mate. Anyway you can appeal the decision?

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
That's very tough mate. Anyway you can appeal the decision?

I'm looking into it. Its the last thing I wanted, to be fighting over money. The ones who suffer as in most cases like this are the kids.
The lady from child support could understand my concern and frustration, and without saying as much agreed with me.
With the current laws, if you're a father in a separation in Australia, you're behind the eight ball from the start.

GraybeardGhost

I'm looking into it. Its the last thing I wanted, to be fighting over money. The ones who suffer as in most cases like this are the kids.
The lady from child support could understand my concern and frustration, and without saying as much agreed with me.
With the current laws, if you're a father in a separation in Australia, you're behind the eight ball from the start.

I've heard the same thing is true around here. Certain family court judges will automatically rule against anyone with a penis, no matter the circumstances. You have to really fight to get any kind of justice. Just one of the many reasons I'm glad I don't have kids.

In other news, I'm tired, stressed, and a little anxious about tomorrow, and my phone may have just croaked, but I don't feel too shabby. Weird, huh?

S_Spartan

This really angers me!

I hear stories like this in America also.

shyflower

It's Friday and I am going to try to make the best of it. If anything doesn't go well after I walk out of this house.. I can always come back home.