How are you feeling?

Kiwong

I'm looking into it. Its the last thing I wanted, to be fighting over money. The ones who suffer as in most cases like this are the kids.
The lady from child support could understand my concern and frustration, and without saying as much agreed with me.
With the current laws, if you're a father in a separation in Australia, you're behind the eight ball from the start.

Good luck Pug. Sorry that's the way it is. I guess the kids are first priority.

JoJo10199

I feel pretty crap and lonely I'm having one of those days were you hate your appearance more than usual and everything except its lasting more than a day hoping ill feel a little better soon :/

Feeling pretty angry..frustrated...helpless at the moment.
I separated from my wife of 19 years because she's an alcoholic and she was putting our kids in danger.
I get a phone call from 'child support and maintenance' today and they inform me that I'll have to pay my ex 'child maintenance'.
I say; ' but the kids still live with me.. I'm raising them pretty much on my own now..'
'Unfortunately' she says, ' you earn more money than she does, so you have to pay her.'
^Go to court and apply to get "Sole Custody" officially on record. Then you won't have to pay her because the court will recognise you officially as the parent with Sole Custody. Can you get access to Legal Aid?

SCP-087-1

I feel grumpy and lonely. People are ignoring me and I don't know why. I barely see my friends in person so I use facebook to try and talk to them. Whenever I try to send a message to a friend on facebook they just blank me. The wee chat thing says they saw my message but they just don't respond. Even when I'm chatting with someone and they are replying they'll just suddenly stop but it says they saw my message. I'm not saying anything offensive or anything. If I'm doing something wrong then I'm completely oblivious to what it is. Sometimes it's like they do it to torture me. For example one of my friends sent me a message saying "Hey" and I responded saying "Hey. How's things?" and it says they read my message but they didn't reply. That was like 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard from them. Why did they even message me if they didn't want to talk to me? It feels like they only talk to me when they want something and I no longer have anything they want. I have a girlfriend but she's so busy all the time and I barely hear from her or see her even though we live in the same city.

Lavinialuna

I feel grumpy and lonely. People are ignoring me and I don't know why. I barely see my friends in person so I use facebook to try and talk to them. Whenever I try to send a message to a friend on facebook they just blank me. The wee chat thing says they saw my message but they just don't respond. Even when I'm chatting with someone and they are replying they'll just suddenly stop but it says they saw my message. I'm not saying anything offensive or anything. If I'm doing something wrong then I'm completely oblivious to what it is. Sometimes it's like they do it to torture me. For example one of my friends sent me a message saying "Hey" and I responded saying "Hey. How's things?" and it says they read my message but they didn't reply. That was like 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard from them. Why did they even message me if they didn't want to talk to me? It feels like they only talk to me when they want something and I no longer have anything they want. I have a girlfriend but she's so busy all the time and I barely hear from her or see her even though we live in the same city.
Sorry you are feeling this way. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone in hating that you can see if someone read your message and didn't respond. It's very anxiety inducing for those of us with social issues :thumbdown:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I can't stop this feeling of hopelessness. It's a feeling I deal with almost everyday.

Sorry tae hear that yer feelin' like that, Juice. Ah can definitely relate, though. Ah've bin feelin' that way masel', lately. So yer not alone.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Huv'nae really slept much the couple o' nights... Bin reallly warm - f**kin' roastin', in fact.

Feelin' lonely anaw, feel kinda vunerable admittin' that fur some reason? :idontknow:

Also, feel frustrated that ma family seem tae no' want me tae overcome ma problems wi' social anxiety. They're certainly no' bein' as helpful as they could be. Mainly because ah think if ah git confidence enough in masel', despite ma physical disability, ah'll no' need tae rely them as much. A scary thought in and of itsel'. And they cannae huv me daein' stuff on ma ain terms. Naw, nae way! Whit...?! Me doin' whit ah want, on ma terms? Makin' ma ain decisions? Eh, naw, that's no' on! Cannae start treatin' Graeme like an adult noo, cun we? He's in mid-20s fur goodness sake... Anyway, it's no' like being overprotective and condesendin' towards 'em huz'nae done mair harm than good.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
^Go to court and apply to get "Sole Custody" officially on record. Then you won't have to pay her because the court will recognise you officially as the parent with Sole Custody. Can you get access to Legal Aid?

I work full time, so legal aid is out of the question. Now I've taken on the major bill's (mortgage etc) by myself, I can't really afford a $300 an hour lawyer.

But I'm trying to think of the kids, they love their mum. I want them to see her and have good times with her still. I just find it really unfair that I get penalized for being male, and for working full time.

I'm going to try and speak to her, get her to see common sense about this situation. If we make a 'private arrangement' we may be able to come to some sort of amicable agreement that suits us both, without child support enforcing money to change hands.

If we can't... then I may be forced to do as you suggest. I really don't want that, as its the kids who get caught in the middle of it all. The last thing I want is for my kids to be emotionally hurt any more than they have been already.

Kiwong

Ran a half marathon this morning, been trying to clean up for renovations for at least three hours , my sister arrives tomorrow and I have run out of time, I have big workshop in the city where I need to make a submission, in front of an expert panel.