How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
SICK Oh, how I hate being sick. It is a nasty head cold with sore throat and near vomiting. Ish. I hate hate hate it.

Ah know the feelin', darlin'... Hope ya feel better soon, though. :thumbup:

Ah've bin feelin' really stressed lately. Need some distraction fae ma ain thought. Also, need tae take huv some courage in masel' an' email somebuddy ah've pit off gettin' in touch wi'... Stop bein' sooo scared. :)

Lavinialuna

Ah know the feelin', darlin'... Hope ya feel better soon, though. :thumbup:

Ah've bin feelin' really stressed lately. Need some distraction fae ma ain thought. Also, need tae take huv some courage in masel' an' email somebuddy ah've pit off gettin' in touch wi'... Stop bein' sooo scared. :)

Thanks Graeme. Being sick is the worst! Hope you feel better too, and hope you find suitable distraction. Don't get too deep within yourself for too long. Not only is it hard on you, but it's been dead around here lately, sort of lonely!

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Thanks Graeme. Being sick is the worst! Hope you feel better too, and hope you find suitable distraction. Don't get too deep within yourself for too long. Not only is it hard on you, but it's been dead around here lately, sort of lonely!

Ah know, ah think ah've bin thinkin' too much, lately. Not really bin posting on here when ah really should - jist tae vent how ah'm feelin's instead o' bottlin' 'hings up. :sad:

I was humiliated for the third time this week at work, twice today. And the third time has left me feeling so painfully degraded that I can't stop thinking about it and crying. Which in turn makes me feel even worse about myself. I feel ashamed to be me. I want to disappear.

LoyalXenite

Ah know, ah think ah've bin thinkin' too much, lately. Not really bin posting on here when ah really should - jist tae vent how ah'm feelin's instead o' bottlin' 'hings up. :sad:

I hear you there, I havent posted on here in 2 weeks, just been dwelling and holding it all inside.

LoyalXenite

I was humiliated for the third time this week at work, twice today. And the third time has left me feeling so painfully degraded that I can't stop thinking about it and crying. Which in turn makes me feel even worse about myself. I feel ashamed to be me. I want to disappear.

Plant rotten eggs around the areas of the buttfaces who are humiliating you

MollyBeGood

I am sorry to hear this. Try to be strong, and know you're better than they are, ultimately.

Lavinialuna

Hoping you are feeling better about things this morning. Don't be hard on yourself, be kind to yourself today :)

dottie

I want to ask you what happened but don't want to upset you. Hope you are feeling better now.

I am sorry to hear this. Try to be strong, and know you're better than they are, ultimately.

Hoping you are feeling better about things this morning. Don't be hard on yourself, be kind to yourself today :)

I want to ask you what happened but don't want to upset you. Hope you are feeling better now.

Thank you. I'm not quite as bad as yesterday but I feel strangely traumatized by the situation.

Dottie, it's a long story because it's a bit involved, so I apologize, but if you do want to trudge through it...

Yesterday at work first my on-site supervisor (a barista from one of my workplace's other locations) was mildly condescending, to the point where even a customer came to me out of his earshot and told me I was very nice and said she was sorry he was so rude. He was stressing me out but I wasn't overly upset since he seemed content to let me be unless I did something "wrong."

The worse part was when these two girls came in, one a current employee at another location and one a former employee. They had come in before together and everything was fine and we had a normal exchange. Well, this time when they came in I was calling out someone's order and I said it too softly so I said it again a little louder, and I can be loud enough; it's not that I'm overly self-conscious about that, but I'm a smaller person with a "smaller" voice and I think I tend to have to put a lot of force behind my yelling at work. I don't usually have to do a lot of that but sometimes customers forget to come back to the counter to get their stuff.

So anyway, I called out the order and the current employee offers to do it for me, but the impression I got was that she was implying I couldn't do my job. She may work there but she wasn't on duty and she doesn't work at my location, so I felt slighted but too nervous to tell her so, and I awkwardly made an unhappy face and said, "I mean, I GUESS you can..." Not the best response and I guess it came off as bitchy because not long after her friend asks me in a strange tone, "So do you go to school around here?" I said yes and she said where, I answered the college I now attend, and she said "Awww, aren't you CUTE!?" extremely condescendingly. That took me so off guard and I was sleep deprived and had lots of coffee that day to stay alert and so my anxiety went through the roof and I made a face at her and ran away to the other end of the counter. I was so ashamed. Then I came back and the other girl asked to order drinks in an annoyed tone and so I started taking their order and I just started inwardly panicking and I just left the register and ran to the back and tried not to freak out and figure out what to do. And my coworker took care of it but until the girls left and long after that I felt like the most worthless human being in the world, and I cried in the bathroom and the train and for hours at home. And now I feel like a spineless worthless baby-faced doormat and don't want to live.

And I'm afraid I'll have to see both of them again as customers and possibly have to work with the current employee because sometimes they schedule you to work at a different location. And I don't know how I'll handle that, probably will just be mistreated and feel like shit and be too afraid to do anything.
The end :(

Last edited:

Lavinialuna

And I'm afraid I'll have to see both of them again as customers and possibly have to work with the current employee because sometimes they schedule you to work at a different location. And I don't know how I'll handle that, probably will just be mistreated and feel like shit and be too afraid to do anything.
Sounds like mean girls, you know the type, like to gang up on other girls and put them down, then giggle about it. Lame. Sad thing is some of these girls will still be doing this when they are my age and beyond. I would just try to steer clear, and if they come as customers again, ask a fellow employee to handle it if you can. If you can't, just try to be stoic. People like that are worthless.
Sorry they made you feel bad. Remember, their opinions aren't worth squat.

dottie

Thank you. I'm not quite as bad as yesterday but I feel strangely traumatized by the situation.

Dottie, it's a long story because it's a bit involved, so I apologize, but if you do want to trudge through it...

Yesterday at work first my on-site supervisor (a barista from one of my workplace's other locations) was mildly condescending, to the point where even a customer came to me out of his earshot and told me I was very nice and said she was sorry he was so rude. He was stressing me out but I wasn't overly upset since he seemed content to let me be unless I did something "wrong."

The worse part was when these two girls came in, one a current employee at another location and one a former employee. They had come in before together and everything was fine and we had a normal exchange. Well, this time when they came in I was calling out someone's order and I said it too softly so I said it again a little louder, and I can be loud enough; it's not that I'm overly self-conscious about that, but I'm a smaller person with a "smaller" voice and I think I tend to have to put a lot of force behind my yelling at work. I don't usually have to do a lot of that but sometimes customers forget to come back to the counter to get their stuff.

So anyway, I called out the order and the current employee offers to do it for me, but the impression I got was that she was implying I couldn't do my job. She may work there but she wasn't on duty and she doesn't work at my location, so I felt slighted but too nervous to tell her so, and I awkwardly made an unhappy face and said, "I mean, I GUESS you can..." Not the best response and I guess it came off as bitchy because not long after her friend asks me in a strange tone, "So do you go to school around here?" I said yes and she said where, I answered the college I now attend, and she said "Awww, aren't you CUTE!?" extremely condescendingly. That took me so off guard and I was sleep deprived and had lots of coffee that day to stay alert and so my anxiety went through the roof and I made a face at her and ran away to the other end of the counter. I was so ashamed. Then I came back and the other girl asked to order drinks in an annoyed tone and so I started taking their order and I just started inwardly panicking and I just left the register and ran to the back and tried not to freak out and figure out what to do. And my coworker took care of it but until the girls left and long after that I felt like the most worthless human being in the world, and I cried in the bathroom and the train and for hours at home. And now I feel like a spineless worthless baby-faced doormat and don't want to live.

This is horrible. I feel you so much. When you told me you were pulling coffee I was surprised because that cannot be much different than waiting tables... maybe worse because there are less places to hide. I'm so sorry you are dealing with that. So many emotions attached. Entrapment, shame that you don't feel you have it in you to nip these bitches in the bud, humiliation that other people are witnessing, frustration that people don't "get" you, disheartened that people can be that sadistic (to any human being, let alone you), panic that you have to return the next day... it is like an emotional tailspin. (Sorry if I'm projecting, but that is how I've felt in pretty much the same situation)

It's all pretty obvious that these girls either have the emotional scope of a gnat or are plain sadistic. Neither of which you should endure. People are horrible.

How long have you been there now?

Sounds like mean girls, you know the type, like to gang up on other girls and put them down, then giggle about it. Lame. Sad thing is some of these girls will still be doing this when they are my age and beyond. I would just try to steer clear, and if they come as customers again, ask a fellow employee to handle it if you can. If you can't, just try to be stoic. People like that are worthless.
Sorry they made you feel bad. Remember, their opinions aren't worth squat.

I wouldn't go so far to say they are worthless, but their behavior is certainly less than admirable. And yes, it's scary to think this type of behavior persists your entire life, to be found in workplaces and elsewhere throughout all of society. It doesn't end after high school, that's for sure.

Thank you for replying.

This is horrible. I feel you so much. When you told me you were pulling coffee I was surprised because that cannot be much different than waiting tables... maybe worse because there are less places to hide. I'm so sorry you are dealing with that. So many emotions attached. Entrapment, shame that you don't feel you have it in you to nip these bitches in the bud, humiliation that other people are witnessing, frustration that people don't "get" you, disheartened that people can be that sadistic (to any human being, let alone you), panic that you have to return the next day... it is like an emotional tailspin. (Sorry if I'm projecting, but that is how I've felt in pretty much the same situation)

It's all pretty obvious that these girls either have the emotional scope of a gnat or are plain sadistic. Neither of which you should endure. People are horrible.

How long have you been there now?

Not projection, or even if so, I agree with all of it.

I've been there almost a month now. I really like the job although yes, it can be stressful, but no more than any other food service job, or customer service in general maybe, in my opinion. But the occasional rude customer or coworker is dreadful for us anxious people.

Thanks for replying and it's unfortunate you know exactly what I'm talking about :/

dottie

What happened?

General bad day, it will pass.

- Hours of traffic this morning

- We just switched offices so everything is a mess (discombobulating)

- I am responsible for making sure a bunch of random people in our team come in to fulfill a specific responsibility, all of which they seem to want to evade because it's, like, WORK. But if they don't do it, it's on me.

- One of the guys threw a bitch-fit toward me today. I guess I was too direct in giving direction and it made him mad. Plus other stuff happened that made him mad and he took it out on me. So, I apologized to him. (See how that works there, just one way) :rolleyes:

- Had a bathroom... emergency. I hate going in public. #1 OK no problem. #2 no one in a 200 ft vicinity. It's the first week of school so everyone is everywhere, even the secret bathrooms WTH.

- First day of school, I showed up to class. It was my old teacher and he kept calling me out in front of everyone! He complimented my skills several times over and kept referring to me! Maybe 10 times? (Does he like to embarrass people or what?!) A new employee that I supervise happened to be in that class to witness all of this. Well, surprise surprise... I was in the wrong classroom the whole time. :eek:mg: I suspected so, but I wasn't sure until after he called role which was like 30 minutes in. He was cool about it and made it much less awkward on my way out the door than it could have been... Hopefully I don't get dropped from the class I was supposed to be in 3 hours earlier.

- More traffic.

That feels good to get it out. Thanks.