How are you feeling?

AtTheGates

Banned
20min ago I was bummed out about all the mean stuff people have said about me over time but then I realized that ALL they can do is TALK...its just WORDS...they can run their mouths all they want but I dont have to actually let it affect my mood.

AtTheGates

Banned
iv come to the soul shattering realization that NOBODY will EVER come clean about any kind of wrong-doing they have done me..regardless of ALL the hurtful things said and done to me over the years, NONE of the culprits will ever try to make amends because they simply dont care..they'll only jeer,lie,exaggerate, or cast the blame elsewhere as if to say "I didnt do it"...this is typical among humans really.....so I guess the only option is to forgive myself for being naive for so many years and just realize that I cant change anyTHING or anyONE from the past....I can only change MYSELF and correct my OWN short-comings..thats how i'v decided to look at it from now on.

LoyalXenite

iv come to the soul shattering realization that NOBODY will EVER come clean about any kind of wrong-doing they have done me..regardless of ALL the hurtful things said and done to me over the years, NONE of the culprits will ever try to make amends because they simply dont care..they'll only jeer,lie,exaggerate, or cast the blame elsewhere as if to say "I didnt do it"...this is typical among humans really.....so I guess the only option is to forgive myself for being naive for so many years and just realize that I cant change anyTHING or anyONE from the past....I can only change MYSELF and correct my OWN short-comings..thats how i'v decided to look at it from now on.

This is something Im really struggling with at the moment. I want to hold people accountable for all the bullshit, but I wouldnt have the ability to unless I got really furious and then it wouldnt be handled rationally.

Much better, i just jammed with my parents making music! That always lifts my mood. :) still fighting depression and hoping my mood will stay this way like right now.

A bit of overwelmed again, afraid if i will be depressed again today. don't trust my mood swings. i already feel some lowey feeling, what the f.... i want to retain happy

S_Spartan

feelin like I've reached the end.

You know, for normal people, when one door closes another one opens, they close one chapter and another one starts. Haven't you ever heard people say "I started a new chapter in my life." Well all that takes good luck and things actually COMING TO YOU plus the actual actions from you.

I've said it before on this forum and I'll say it again, to be able to change your life you need something to WORK WITH. You cannot get something from nothing. There needs to be some new resource or leverage. Otherwise you are just rearranging the same old stale ideas.

And I'm at a point where the old things are even starting to disappear!

I can't speak for others here but reading these forums daily I think there are many here in this situation.
Just stuck and with nothing or no one to help them move forward.

The world would prescribe things like positive thinking and exercise. Both good things but that isn't really what we need. That is like giving someone an aspirin when they really need a strong anti-biotic.

I'm a logical person, a problem solver, but there is no logical way out of this problem. In fact, logic is probably the worst thing to be using to "solve" this problem.

It's like trying to think your way out of a drought by sitting around thinking about rain!
And what do you do in a drought? You wait for rain, sometimes for days and weeks. And it takes it's toll.

I, as one person, cannot make rain fall from the sky the same way that I, as one person, cannot make whatever this is that is missing from my life magically come into my life.

Hope I made sense here. Thanks for listening! :)

squidgee

Starting university next Monday and attending orientation week (at least trying to push myself to). I'm REALLY REALLY hoping this is going to be different from high school, and will mark the start of some kind of self transformation or something. As expected I'm pretty damn nervous and the anticipation isn't helping.

Interesting post. :thumbup:

Perhaps your life (like mine) is stuck & in a rut. That's the "outer", the life situation. My belief is that one can ONLY change the outer AFTER they start changing the "inner". So if things seem like they can't change, it's because the inner is not changing - but the inner (your thoughts & beliefs) CAN most definately change; you create your own reality. So we can at least VIEW the things in our life differently, in a different light, or from a different perspective, which is basically what i'm trying to do in this post.

feelin like I've reached the end
I often feel like I've reached the end, but what keeps me "going" is every day learning new things, ideas, philosophies. They give me a sense of hope, that things aren't permanently "stuck" & that my life can/will change for the better some day.

You know, for normal people, when one door closes another one opens, they close one chapter and another one starts. Haven't you ever heard people say "I started a new chapter in my life." Well all that takes good luck and things actually COMING TO YOU plus the actual actions from you
Another door may appear, but you have to see it, and then open it.
You create your own luck.
What you think of, you attract. (law of attraction)

I've said it before on this forum and I'll say it again, to be able to change your life you need something to WORK WITH. You cannot get something from nothing. There needs to be some new resource or leverage. Otherwise you are just rearranging the same old stale idea
Matter is made of nothing (just vibrating energy).
Start changing the way you think. Visualize. Read. Learn. Only then can things change.

And I'm at a point where the old things are even starting to disappear!
That's good, & necessary, as it makes space for new things.

I can't speak for others here but reading these forums daily I think there are many here in this situation.
Just stuck and with nothing or no one to help them move forward
I tend to believe that people like us, with major & complex mental health issues, cannot really be helped that much .. and that only we can help ourselves. (imho)

The world would prescribe things like positive thinking and exercise. Both good things but that isn't really what we need. That is like giving someone an aspirin when they really need a strong anti-biotic
Positive thinking, exercise, & other basic things, are a starting point.
I read things like Jump Into Life with Both Feet | Heavenletters. It's uber-positive stuff, but i believe there's elements of practical truth within it. Time will tell whether studying all this stuff can effect any significant change within me (& my life).
I think the "strong anti-biotic" you mention, would be how we need to change our dysfunctional thinking (eg our deep-seated beliefs)?. Reading positive things regulary can change one's beliefs over time.

I'm a logical person, a problem solver, but there is no logical way out of this problem. In fact, logic is probably the worst thing to be using to "solve" this problem
I agree. Logic (& habit/system) often severely limits us. If you want new ideas, to think outside of the box, then give logic a wide-berth. But logic does have its uses.

It's like trying to think your way out of a drought by sitting around thinking about rain!
And what do you do in a drought? You wait for rain, sometimes for days and weeks. And it takes it's toll
Knowing what you want is good. Visualizing it is better.
Taking useful action (towards goal) is also good.

I, as one person, cannot make rain fall from the sky the same way that I, as one person, cannot make whatever this is that is missing from my life magically come into my life
For the former, no. But for the latter, there are "universal laws" (such as law of attraction) which possibly can effect certain changes in our life (i'm still in the "testing" phase, so can't say anything too emphatic as yet)

S_Spartan

Interesting post. [emoji106]

Perhaps your life (like mine) is stuck & in a rut. That's the "outer", the life situation. My belief is that one can ONLY change the outer AFTER they start changing the "inner". So if things seem like they can't change, it's because the inner is not changing - but the inner (your thoughts & beliefs) CAN most definately change; you create your own reality. So we can at least VIEW the things in our life differently, in a different light, or from a different perspective, which is basically what i'm trying to do in this post.

I often feel like I've reached the end, but what keeps me "going" is every day learning new things, ideas, philosophies. They give me a sense of hope, that things aren't permanently "stuck" & that my life can/will change for the better some day.

Another door may appear, but you have to see it, and then open it.
You create your own luck.
What you think of, you attract. (law of attraction)

Matter is made of nothing (just vibrating energy).
Start changing the way you think. Visualize. Read. Learn. Only then can things change.

That's good, & necessary, as it makes space for new things.

I tend to believe that people like us, with major & complex mental health issues, cannot really be helped that much .. and that only we can help ourselves. (imho)

Positive thinking, exercise, & other basic things, are a starting point.
I read things like Jump Into Life with Both Feet | Heavenletters. It's uber-positive stuff, but i believe there's elements of practical truth within it. Time will tell whether studying all this stuff can effect any significant change within me (& my life).
I think the "strong anti-biotic" you mention, would be how we need to change our dysfunctional thinking (eg our deep-seated beliefs)?. Reading positive things regulary can change one's beliefs over time.

I agree. Logic (& habit/system) often severely limits us. If you want new ideas, to think outside of the box, then give logic a wide-berth. But logic does have its uses.

Knowing what you want is good. Visualizing it is better.
Taking useful action (towards goal) is also good.

For the former, no. But for the latter, there are "universal laws" (such as law of attraction) which possibly can effect certain changes in our life (i'm still in the "testing" phase, so can't say anything too emphatic as yet)
Hello! I thank you for your detailed response!

Not trying to discourage you or anyone but I will say that I've done the law of attraction/postive thinking back 15 years ago and it didn't really do much for me.
So I don't believe in it anymore.
I do agree that changing your thinking is important because, well, what else can you do when new opportunities aren't coming into your life.

I also agree that certain ways of thinking could hinder seeing opportunities or close you off from new opportunities.

But at this point I don't think that blind positive thinking is the answer for someone in this situation.

But I think that someone in my situation has to stay "loose" and patient for something to happen while trying little things to make something happen.

I do notice though that 90% of my attempts even at little things are either flat out rebuffed or given very much resistance. I often think that if the average person faced as much resistance as I do then nothing would get done in the world!

Like you, I used to think that the inner had to change before the outer but I don't think that anymore. I think both go hand in hand.

You can only do so much on your own. You can only go so far. Pretty much everything you get in this world comes from other people.

It's like having a nice car but having no roads provided to drive it on.

One person cannot build a highway . That is something that is done for you by other people.

And I believe life in general works this way.

So a person who doesn't have the external leverage in life, who is trying to change their lives, is like trying to cut down a tree with a pen knife.

And literally that is all they can do is just chip away slowely because a pen knife is all they got!

Not trying to discourage you or anyone but I will say that I've done the law of attraction/postive thinking back 15 years ago and it didn't really do much for me.
So I don't believe in it anymore.
I do agree that changing your thinking is important because, well, what else can you do when new opportunities aren't coming into your life.

I also agree that certain ways of thinking could hinder seeing opportunities or close you off from new opportunities.

But at this point I don't think that blind positive thinking is the answer for someone in this situation.
I'm trying various types of positive thinking, such as
- Rationalizing/avoiding any negative thinking (as can hinder progress)
- General positive thinking (or "blind"; helps to keep mood/hope/optimism up)
- Specific positive thinking (eg visualization)

NamiraWilhelm

I'm going to Edinburgh tomorrow for four days. I've wanted to go for years. I should be excited. But I know it's going to be exhausting. I'm going with a friend, sharing a hotel room, and I won't get a single moment alone for those four days. What am I going to do when I need to cry? Which I will. It's been three months since I had my heart broken and I still cry every day for that man. And for all the other shit in my life.

Hopefully I'll feel more positive tomorrow :/ I so want to be a more positive person. A happy, non anxious person. Fighting your own nature is so very tiring.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I'm going to Edinburgh tomorrow for four days. I've wanted to go for years. I should be excited. But I know it's going to be exhausting. I'm going with a friend, sharing a hotel room, and I won't get a single moment alone for those four days. What am I going to do when I need to cry? Which I will. It's been three months since I had my heart broken and I still cry every day for that man. And for all the other shit in my life.

Hopefully I'll feel more positive tomorrow :/ I so want to be a more positive person. A happy, non anxious person. Fighting your own nature is so very tiring.

Enjoy yer wee holiday in Scotland. Or at least try to. Ah've only been tae Edinburgh briefly so cannae tell ye whit tae expect. But it's a nice place.

As far as crying is concerned. Just cry, ah don't think yer friend'll feel awkward if they really care aboot ye.

NamiraWilhelm

Enjoy yer wee holiday in Scotland. Or at least try to. Ah've only been tae Edinburgh briefly so cannae tell ye whit tae expect. But it's a nice place.

As far as crying is concerned. Just cry, ah don't think yer friend'll feel awkward if they really care aboot ye.

We don't know each well enough really. My going away with a near stranger is something I'm making myself do to improve my confidence if I'm honest lol

I'm sure I'll enjoy it... I'll just lock myself in the bathroom a bit and let her think I have bum trouble or something! I'll finally get to see the castle, Arthur's seat, cathedral etc. Should be good... I always put myself into these situations as exposure therapy, then fret about it until it actually happens....