How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Sorry you're feeling down, Graeme. I'm glad to hear your operation is over though. :)

Aye, same here. But the rehab so far has been effin' borin'. Got a plaster casts on from the knee doon, on both legs. And a massive black knee brace on ma right leg over the yin case. To make sure ma knee heals properly. Cuz ah got a metal plate in there.

Though, ah did spend nearly a week in hospital, and that was 2 weeks ago now. Feels weird cuz ah feel like ah've lost track of the days. And in about weeks time, I should be get fresh casts on, the right knee brace off. cast for new walking splints, and some physiotheapy, hopefully.

Ah don't feel confident hopin' on an weight-barring through ma left leg with a zimmer frame, cuz am under strict order not to weight-bare on ma right leg at the moment. Even though, ah could, jist don't want to in case ah fall.

Sorry. yer feelin' doon as well, pal. But ah recently got maself some comedy DVDs to take ma mind of the pain in ma right knee. And got ma iPod fixed. so huv some music to listen to again.

Am just a bit bored no bein' upstairs playin' ma guitar. Huvin to rely on family, never like being waited on hand and foot.

this_portrait

Gripped by loneliness. :( I thought about just staying home tonight, but I think I might go clubbing after skipping a week just to get away from this bad feeling.

I hope that things really start looking up...

GraybeardGhost

Cold, tired, and alone. I could sit right here and turn to stone, and no one would even notice. :sad:

I feel I need someone in my life, in a warm, affectionate, supportive kind of way. I need someone to help me stand and to push me in the right directions, down paths I might not otherwise dare. I need someone right here, someone I can see and touch, someone who can take my hand and walk with me when I'm afraid, a staff to my trembling legs, and a tonic to my faltering heart.

I'm nowhere near ready to have that again, either mentally or physically, but without such a one, how can I ever be? :idontknow:

GraybeardGhost

I went into the kitchen to fix myself some soup, and while I was opening and stirring and stuff, I realized that sometime in the next few days I'm really going to have to go out and buy some groceries. A cold, aching wave of fear and despair flooded my chest at the thought. What if I can't do it? What if I'm really stuck here like one of the guests in The Exterminating Angel, unable to leave because I believe I'm unable to leave? How ironic to starve to death at home while the lights of the giant supermarket across the street cast shadows upon my wasting flesh.

Graeme1988

Buckin' knackered... 3 weeks since ma surgery and the lack of sleep's catchin' up tae me.
Got this f**kin' knee brace oan ma right knee, meanin' it'll be stiff as f**k come tha physio.

And ah dinnae ken if ah cun mentally or physically pit maself through tha pain. Startin' to huv ma regrets. Don't think am strong enough for this a 2nd time roon. :idontknow: :sad:

Graeme1988

Knackered! Possible insomnia. Huv'nae hud a proper sleep siince being discharged fae hospital. Hud some weird thoughts come to mind to keep the pain in ma legs at bay, slightly. That and music - that doesnae half stop ye fae screaming an swearin'...

Though, ah just hope when ma physiotherapy starts, it's a bloke an no a wummin cuz ah huv a feelin' - in fact, ah know - the words:

"AAAAAGGH!! Ya f■■■in' c■■■!!" will exit ma gob involuntary after get the plaster cast off for good.

An this wakin' up early is right kick tae tha bawbag fur me, like. Cuz am no a mornin' person.

GraybeardGhost

Tired and hungry and weak and dizzy and very much like a flop. The day did not go as planned. Nothing happened; nobody cared. Please, let this be the end. :praying:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
6G1E

Dare I?

Graeme1988

Me? Ah think ah'll dose aboot it ma jammies aw day. Naewhere the gan, like. Plus ah've got the rest ma legs.

Gettin' bored with just ma laptop, some DVDs an ma iPod tae pass the time. That's bin 3 weeks noo... :thumbdown: :kickingmyself: Surgical recovery - ya swine!

Raining as per - typical Scottish weather. Though, we're gittin' that tail end uh blizzard fae America.