How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
No tae moan aboot this or anythin', but bein' off ma feet for almost a month now is really startin' tae git oan ma tits. :kickingmyself:

this_portrait

Trying to talk to someone or socialize is like walking a tightrope over lava sometimes. Just when I think I have a better grasp at interacting with people, I get scared that I'm going to be snapped at.

Graeme1988

Wait - you have tits?? :question::giggle:

Aye, big man tits.... :bigsmile:

To translate for you non-Scottish folk on here. Some but not all Scots will use the expression "Gittin' oan ma tits" as a way of sayin' summit is getting really annoying them. Not sure of the expression's origin. A lot of Scots expressions tend to be Glaswegian or from central Scotland in orgin then catch either further north or south. But not all of them.

Sorry for postin' a random fact aboot ma native language. Ah kmow this isnae the thread for that sorta thing. Anyways, back tae expressing yerselves an how ye feel.

Happy, sad, angry, positive, negative... Or however yer feelin' at the moment. Hopefully, youse are no doing to bad. :thumbup:

Graeme1988

Ah'll be glad when ah finally git back upstairs to my bedroom. To get a good, comfy sleep. And some solitude from tha family members who huv to constantly gave me grief or watch ma every move and been overbearin' aw tha time.

Also, lookin' forward to, finally, getting ma guitar and laptop setup to record some music soon. At least it'll give summit to do and get me back into playing guitar. Don't know aboot sharing ma recordings an putting them out there. :question: But ah probably will, even if they're shite. :giggle:

Though. ah think am most lookin' forward to my post-leg surgery rehab and physio starting properly. Aye, it'll be a whole year afore am back to being be fully fit an mibbe better than ah wus before? But it'll be worth it in the end am sure. :)

Everthing's going well so far, so long may it continue. :perfect:

Ah'll be glad when ah finally git back upstairs to my bedroom. To get a good, comfy sleep. And some solitude from tha family members who huv to constantly gave me grief or watch ma every move and been overbearin' aw tha time.

Also, lookin' forward to, finally, getting ma guitar and laptop setup to record some music soon. At least it'll give summit to do and get me back into playing guitar. Don't know aboot sharing ma recordings an putting them out there. :question: But ah probably will, even if they're shite. :giggle:

Though. ah think am most lookin' forward to my post-leg surgery rehab and physio starting properly. Aye, it'll be a whole year afore am back to being be fully fit an mibbe better than ah wus before? But it'll be worth it in the end am sure. :)

Everthing's going well so far, so long may it continue. :perfect:
Glad the worst sounds to be over now then, Graeme. : )

Graeme1988

God, I find everything so boring. Can't help it.

Awrite, ya borin' cun... Naw, am jist kiddin' with ya Spartan. Sorry if ah've offended ye in any way. Feel free to respond to this post ragin' at me like Scottish person who's just been told the price of a pint by a London barman :bigsmile:

Anyway, am almost the exact same anaw. Though, ah only find mostt things boring. Or mibbe am jist yin uh them Scots isn't easily impressed by things that other folk think are great :question::thinking:

Or mibbe being raised in an uptight, tense household and a conservative wee town has made just as boring as everybuddy around me? Or at least afraid to be myself.

Sorry, ah really should try an write shorter posts... Like sonnets with yin word per line. :giggle:

S_Spartan

Awrite, ya borin' cun... Naw, am jist kiddin' with ya Spartan. Sorry if ah've offended ye in any way. Feel free to respond to this post ragin' at me like Scottish person who's just been told the price of a pint by a London barman :bigsmile:

Anyway, am almost the exact same anaw. Though, ah only find mostt things boring. Or mibbe am jist yin uh them Scots isn't easily impressed by things that other folk think are great

No offense taken my friend.
This is interesting that you say this Graeme because guess what?!!? I'm mostly of Scottish heritage! :perfect:
You may be on to something here.
Are Scottish people somehow more prone to boredom?:idontknow:

Graeme1988

Glad the worst sounds to be over now then, Graeme. : )

Aye... Ah just hope ma high pain threshold can get me through the physiotherapy. Last time when ah wus 14 it was hell, total agony. Thankfully things huv'nae been as bad this time round.

And ah still don't know if it'd be cathartic to give you lot the full story of my near week-long hospital stay? MollybeGood on here said it might be theraputic. Ah don't mean, like telling of the surgery itself. More me sittin' in ma own individual room while the orthopedic ward I was on went mental around me, daily. Morning, noon and night. And all I could was imagine what was happening as male and female nursing staff walked and sometimes ran like the clappers past my room.

Am a wee bit apprehensive in that ah tend waffle on at length when recalling stuff that happens to me. And ah wouldnae want to bore you lot. Despite Scottish folk huv'nae a reputation for storytelling, much like the Irish. It just, sometimes, Scots tend to take ages to get the bloody point when talkin' aboot things.

Hot_Tamale

My job puts me in a situation where I'm surrounded by the general public all day long. Being afraid to walk up to customers and speak to them is bad enough, but I find out everyday it's hard enough to do with my co-workers, I can't tell them something when I'm 2 feet away from them sometimes...what a BS personality this is.

Graeme1988

No offense taken my friend.
This is interesting that you say this Graeme because guess what?!!? I'm mostly of Scottish heritage! :perfect:
You may be on to something here.
Are Scottish people somehow more prone to boredom?

^ Right!! Give this man a bottle of Buckfast (aka "Bucky") an Irn Bru f***in' pronto. An get it down ye! :giggle:

Goan yersel, big yin... Mostly Scottish heritage. :thumbup: So, does that mean you learnt to swear properly? :bigsmile:

Anyway, sod answerin' ma question. Ah'd better answer yours, huh?

Ah don't know if we're more prone to boredom. Of course, ah cannae speak for whole of the Scotland. Being an uncultured, partly educated lowland Scot of mixed heritage who live a few miles from the Scottish Border with England.

Let's just say some of us will go on about summit like the hedge needing cut but put thing off cuz we just can't be arsed doing. And we'll pit it off for weeks.

Or a better example would be: If ah said tae you...

"D'ye want tae clear oot that cupboard tha morra? (Tomorrow). Cuz it really needs done. That stuff's just sittin' there of nae use tae anybuddy, daen nowt"

And one of us will huv been droppin' subtle wee hints here and there about it.

"When ure you gonnae git off yer lazy arse an git that do, eh? That's been like that fur nearly 3 weeks noo""

And we agree with the usually "Aye" in response that it'll get done the next day. One of us usually mair crabbit aboot it than the other.

So, ah get up the next morning and say: "Still wantin' to dae tha clear oot? Ye said we'd be getting it done" The response you get is usually "Och, it cun wait - ah cannae be bother the day. Am too tired"

^ These are hypothetical situation. The response however are based on my interaction with ma family whenever I ask them to help me with anythin'

Ah don't think it's that we're prone to boredom. We just don't like being idle for long periods of time. Ah know ah tend to get bored if I'm just sittin' around with nothin' to do or keep ma mind occupied.

Ah don't know if we're more prone to boredom. Of course, ah cannae speak for whole of the Scotland ...
Ah don't think it's that we're prone to boredom. We just don't like being idle for long periods of time. Ah know ah tend to get bored if I'm just sittin' around with nothin' to do or keep ma mind occupied
I certainly can relate with ya there. Usually if i'm not constantly busy with stuff, my little wee disobedient unruly "inner-child" takes over, an i consequently have a little wee "attack of the boredom crazies", which can last for hours. Even if i'm busy this can still happen .. at which point i hit the grog (like now :thumbup:)

Graeme1988

I certainly can relate with ya there. Usually if i'm not constantly busy with stuff, my little wee disobedient unruly "inner-child" takes over, an i consequently have a little wee "attack of the boredom crazies", which can last for hours. Even if i'm busy this can still happen .. at which point i hit the grog (like now :thumbup:)

Ah guess, that's why ah read quite a bit. just to keep from gettin' bored. Cuz naebuddy bothers ye when you've got concentrating oan a book. Or playing a musicial instrument.

Or the ol' iPod is great fur avoidin' borin' small talk with folk. Nuthin' worse than huvin to talk to somebuddy an you're sat there losin' the will tae live. And, if yer anythin' like me, you cannae bring yersel to roll yer eyes and go: "Look, would you haud yer wheesht" or words to that affect.

I just kinda realised that I'm sabotaging myself...again.I havent done much work the last week. Exams coming up and I have this little voice in my head that says I'm just not good enough or smart enough and I should just not bother trying cos its inevitable I'll fail...who do I think I am trying to do this I'm not smart...my old housemates laughed when I told them I wanted to go to college and my dad thought I was joking. One of the professors told our class theres no point in anyone over 25 getting into the area, its a waste of their time. And then right after all that I did have to repeat a year and I felt like they were right. This year Ive been doing well my CA grades but it all hangs on exams and I am scared that little voice in my head that doubts me all the time is right.
Maybe its just the week thats in it and Ill feel better next week. Been a little down this week, really anxious and feel like I can't catch my breath. My mother's birthday and I realised how old she'd be and it's 10 years this year and I started to feel really panicked and I have to put my head down and take deep breaths. How can it still be this hard 10 years on. Im a grown woman for gods sake.

Last edited:

alwayssunnyinphiladelphia

Maybe its just the week thats in it and Ill feel better next week. Been a little down this week, really anxious and feel like I can't catch my breath. My mother's birthday and I realised how old she'd be and it's 10 years this year and I started to feel really panicked and I have to put my head down and take deep breaths. How can it still be this hard 10 years on. Im a grown woman for gods sake.

Sorry I know the feeling it is still hard for me on birthdays and stuff 16 years on, do you have any siblings you could maybe see, I speak to my sister on birthdays and anniversary's it makes it a bit happier

Graeme1988

Ah, that wonderful moment where ye suddenly realise what a bunch of manipulative, two-faced c***s most of yer family really are. In my family, if yer a wummin, yer fine. Concerns get listened, to yer reassured. Praised for f*** cuz yer a "Good girl, aren't ye?".

But if yer a man... Well, according to my mum. We're aw just a bunch uh inconsiderate, uncaring, useless f***ers who lack compassion, empathy and understanding for the opposite. And we only care aboot oorselves! Aren't we really lads?!

Ah huv never been mair thankfully to be the only person in ma family who' still single by choice. Aw relationships end up the same way anyway, ye eventually hate everythin' that attracted you to them to begin with.

Sorry, just venting cuz ah hud listen to yet another phone conversation between ma mum and older sister who currently going through couples therapy with her husband and my mum will not stop focus on the negative aspects of men. :kickingmyself:

Since my mum cannae seem tae f**k off upstairs and discuss the matter in private, like a normal person would when someone else in the same room. Ah've already gave ma opinion the situation, like, but naebuddy seem to care whit ah think.

Dreading them comin' over for my birthday cuz ah could really just deck my brother-in-law for the way he's been treating ma sister. Aye, me an ma sibling might no be emotionally close or huv a strong bond. But ah'd beat tha shite outta anybuddy who treat them or me badly withoot hesistation. Despite aw the awful shit they've done to me over the years.

Ah, that wonderful moment where ye suddenly realise what a bunch of manipulative, two-faced c***s most of yer family really are. In my family, if yer a wummin, yer fine. Concerns get listened, to yer reassured. Praised for f*** cuz yer a "Good girl, aren't ye?".

But if yer a man... Well, according to my mum. We're aw just a bunch uh inconsiderate, uncaring, useless f***ers who lack compassion, empathy and understanding for the opposite. And we only care aboot oorselves! Aren't we really lads?!

Ah huv never been mair thankfully to be the only person in ma family who' still single by choice. Aw relationships end up the same way anyway, ye eventually hate everythin' that attracted you to them to begin with.

Sorry, just venting cuz ah hud listen to yet another phone conversation between ma mum and older sister who currently going through couples therapy with her husband and my mum will not stop focus on the negative aspects of men. :kickingmyself:

Since my mum cannae seem tae f**k off upstairs and discuss the matter in private, like a normal person would when someone else in the same room. Ah've already gave ma opinion the situation, like, but naebuddy seem to care whit ah think.

Dreading them comin' over for my birthday cuz ah could really just deck my brother-in-law for the way he's been treating ma sister. Aye, me an ma sibling might no be emotionally close or huv a strong bond. But ah'd beat tha shite outta anybuddy who treat them or me badly withoot hesistation. Despite aw the awful shit they've done to me over the years.
Yes, your mother - and women in general - should definitely not tar all men with the same brush. It is quite lazy to assume "all men are the same" when you have come across a few nasty ones.
Could you ask your mother to go to another room whenever she is talking to your sister about her marital problems next time it happens? Or would that make her even more angry? :sad: You shouldn't have to listen to such stressful negativity when your body is trying to heal after your surgery.

Trying to be hopeful even though my gut keeps telling me all hope is lost.

f7920f7b211aac97e3e6c76ce48a2333.jpg

I know it is easier said than done, but I have managed to hang on to the knot at the end of my rope for a loooong time now because I remind myself that letting go of it would be worse. :)

Hang in there, this portrait! (pun intended :giggle:)

Not diminishing the seriousness of what your facing, just sometimes a little laughter can be a tremendous help in taking the edge off trouble.