How are you feeling?

Marc7

An acceptable curse word, aye. :bigsmile:

It's acceptable in Scotland?

Nope, not because it won't work. It just my sister's too arrogant to admit when she's wrong and doesn't like when I criticisize her. Which is why I never got closure for all those times she'd compare me to a terrorist whenever we were out in public. :eek:mg: And I'm the one who gets labelled autistic by ma other sister...?! :kickingmyself:

Why did get compared to a terrorist by you sister and labeled autistic by the other?

And my Mum couldnae even openly talk about sex and relationship during teen when I quizzed her on the topic, so she's unlikely to open up during a family therapy session. She always changed the subject when ah tried open up about ma depression an sucidial thoughts, age 16. And went ape-shit, when ah confided in ma sister about ma struggle. Obviously ma sister betrayed me on that.

Plus, she (my Mum) doesn't seem to bothered by how she treats me because I'm always the one at fault. Apparently, her stabbing me in a rage with manicure scissors was my fault. Or how the man-hating, bitter rants she'd go off on after my dad came back into ma life huv affected my self-esteem and relationships with wimmin. She now tell me she was only joking when she said all those things - like generalising all men as useless, worthless and selfish.

Well I'm sorry she not open to that and why did she stab you with scissors? Why does she hate men so much?

And her constantly thinking the worst about everything has only made my anxiety when I'm outside worse, and in general. As well as telling not to trust anyone outside the family. Which has made me huv lil trust in anyone, including my family. As well always being negative about everything when I'm tryin' to be positive. But how she is around me, but she'll tell my sisters not to be pessimistic when they speak negatively about something.

See, ya don't turn out great when yer raised by an angry, illiterate parent with a gender bias. Unless yer somewhat smart, like me. In which case, you can figure stuff out, eventually. And if ye do call yer mum and sister on their BS double standards, they'll just claim victimhood, as most feminists and SJWs do nowadays.

Oh! And her, as well as my sister's - tendency to lie about things. And my Mum contradicting me whenever I make a decision for myself. As well as both of them always asked "Are ye sure?" when ah say "No" to something.

Your mother is illiterate? Why does she have a double standard with you and your sisters? That is not fair. Why don't your mother and sister like you make choices on your own?

Oh, just that ah'll ask them to do somethin' for me, nice. Then, they won't aknowledge me, so I ask them again. By the time, ah've had to repeat myself for 3rd or 4th, I'm start to get considerably pissed off. Or when I tell them to just leave something alone, they do the opposite.

And, y'know, being smarter than my Mum and sister doesnae help, since ah know the meaning of "big words" & huvin standards and values that ah won't compromising for anyone. Also, the beard and the Scottish accent...

Oh.

I'm actually go to one this Thursday. I'm a bit nervous, though. I don't know my new physiotherapist team that well, and don't really like being too personal with strangers. Or most people for that matter... Since ah feel like they'll judge me negatively or are already doing so.

I meant for a long time until you get better? Why do you feel they will judge you negatively or already done it?

anomicdeer

Annoyed of my eye twitching. Trying my best to keep my mind off things but because I've kept the thoughts in, I feel so numb...

this_portrait

******* you, Facebook... Why did you have to show me THAT? Now I feel bummed. Klonopin high is helping to make it not feel so bad, but still... I could've done without seeing that. :(

Distract, distract, distract...

Megaten

******* you, Facebook... Why did you have to show me THAT? Now I feel bummed. Klonopin high is helping to make it not feel so bad, but still... I could've done without seeing that. :(

Distract, distract, distract...

What happened? I have a love/hate relationship with facebook. I enjoy it, but it has ruined my day too many times so Im kinda avoiding it for a while to see if my moods improve.

this_portrait

What happened? I have a love/hate relationship with facebook. I enjoy it, but it has ruined my day too many times so Im kinda avoiding it for a while to see if my moods improve.

Oh, a little recommendation (after I had been trying to avoid certain things/people). It's fixed now, though (I changed my settings around).

defiance

As if mental pain to the point of wanting to kill myself on a daily basis wasn't enough, Now I am in physical pain as well. I can't keep doing this.

MollyBeGood

bored waiting for my show to load. Ready to fall asleep. so tired from such long days of work, work, work......hope this all pays off cuz it sux.

grapevine

Anxious/edgy on the verge of most likely having a depressive/anxiety/end of the world - episode.

But also determined to see better days ahead. Because I have hope and I never give up on myself and my future.

SilentAndShy

Anxious! Things go wrong at the office and I feel like it's all on my shoulders. Yes it maybe classed as under my job duties, but bit of support wouldn't go amiss.. because I have a clue what I'm doing. Not.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Anxious about this visit to the gym. :sad:

Well, looks like ah worried fur nowt. The f***in' c***s cancelled on me at the last minute. Ah got up at 8 o'clock this morning! Ma sister took a f***in' day off work tae take me tae this gym visit that we arrange with ma physiotherapy team a week ago.

"Awww, we're short staff at the moment. Oh, one o' the team's off cuz their wee 'un no well"

There's 3 o' them, right? An not one of the c***s can do their job. Aw they have to do watch me walk, an help me with the stairs.

Never in ma life huv ah ever meet a mair unless, unreliable, incompetent shower uh gormless c***s. In aw the years ah've hud a physiotherapy team, this currently lot are so bad. They couldnae tell their arse fae their elbow.

Seriously, ye cannae depend upon anybuddy these days. :veryangry: :kickingmyself:

Graeme1988

It's acceptable in Scotland?

Aye, and it most part of the UK. It's a pretty common word to use if you don't want to say the f-word.

Why did get compared to a terrorist by you sister and labeled autistic by the other?

I'm mixed raced. So, brown skin, freckled face. I've had a beard since I was 14. Used to often get the mistaken for a "effin' Paki" during my primary school years. Of course, ma sister just conveniently forgot about the time ah got this shouted at me as made my way to her car one day when ah got driven home from school, and she confronted the lad who said it.

Oh, but anyway, the terrorist comparison by my oldest sister was "just to try and make me laugh". Since, nowadays, if you laugh once at a joke without thinking too much about it - as I did the first time my sister said the remark - that basically mean that it's an acceptable thing to say in public or whenever ah got ma photo taken.

And the autistic label, yeah. That's mainly because ah don't really talk much. Being quite self-conscious of ma voice. Nor do I enjoy hangin' out with ma family. Or feel total at ease in social situation. Of course, the disability has nothin' to do with it. Or the fact, I'm quite a shy, quiet, private person who doesnae really care much for being centre of attention. Also, I'm not loud, extroverted and obnoxious, like my sisters.

Well I'm sorry she not open to that and why did she stab you with scissors?

The incident with the scissors was due to me refusing to let ma Mum cut ma fingernail, cuz ah opted to cut them myself. Kinda funny look back on it now, since my Mum's side of the story is that I did that myself by pulling my left hand upperwards, slamming it into the point of the scissor. :idontknow:

Why does she hate men so much?

Don't know, ah've never gotten an answer to that question, myself. Though, 3 kids from 3 failed and abusive relationships. The youngest bairn (me) is the almost exactly like his dad in terms of both looks, standards and attitude/outlook. The bitter, hateful rants ah hud to endure whenever ah tried to bridge the topic of relationships. Ah always made the assumption ma Mum's a militant feminist based upon these point, or at least, sounds like one.

Your mother is illiterate?

Well, she says that, herself. Since she left school at 14, no qualification, isn't that great when it comes to spelling. Doesn't really read much, aside from short stories from People's Friend magazine, or those celebrity gossip mags.

Basically, I've never seen her reading a paperback or hardback. Despite havin' a lotta biographies and autobiographies in the book case in the living room.

Cannae really converse with her aboot much, unless yer talkin' aboot football or music, so we don't huv much of a relationship.

Why does she have a double standard with you and your sisters? That is not fair.

:idontknow: Gender bias, probably? Since ma mum and sisters seem to be very close. Whereas am very much the third wheel.

Why don't your mother and sister let you make choices on your own?

Ah think it's got a lot to do with being in control. And them thinking I'm too dumb to make the right choice for me. Ironically, I'm consider the more sensible member of the family. Since ah tend to think about something, weight up whether it's a good idea, before deciding on it.

Oh, and narcassism...

I meant for a long time until you get better?

Oh, it could be up to a year before I'm better.

Why do you feel they will judge you negatively or already done it?

Mainly ma voice and the fact am quite a stout fella. No some skinny b****rd.
So those 2 things, plus the very bushy beard. Y'know, you'd probably assume "this lad's clearly a few slices short o' a loaf uh breid"?

Also, whenever either me, ma sister or mum suggest summit, they've got this "Oooh, look it you!" vibe aboot them. As if we should be novices at this. Even though, ah went through a similar rehab plan, age 14, with little input from the physiotherapy team back then.

I doubt there's a cuss word that's not acceptable in Scotland

coffeescreen.gif
So true. Though, yer mair uptight, posh Scots f***in' hate swearing. Don't mind in a comedy, though.

Idk about Scotland because I never been there idk lol.

^ Well, yer in for a treat if ye ever do visit Scotland. It's a great place, and folk are general friendly when they're no drunk an picking fight with each other. Though, the delinquent kids are terrifyin'. Thick as f**k, but ye wouldnae want to look at them the wrong way.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Well, the "Three Stooges" - that's ma cruel wee nickname for ma physiotherapy team :giggle: - aside from inconveniencing me and ma sister today by cancelling the appointment we agreed on last Friday. They've went and re-scheduled ma gym workout for next week, at 9 o'clock in the f***in' mornin'! Shittest birthday present ever! :thumbdown:

Ah just hope ah get back up they stairs & in ma room afore ma other, mair violent tempered sibling shows up with her bairn and her husband - who ma cousin thinks is a member of the IRA. Cuz ah jist know she'll kick aboot summit, give me a hug the day she's go back tae Ireland and apology to me fur kickin' off. As if ah care at this point, ah foreshadow it a week in advance, after being telt

"Yer sister comin' tae visit this week..."

Ma internal dialogue goes...

"Oh, the joy, the utter delight! Yay, can't wait! She's a great laugh when she's drunk, I'd imagine. Another argument aboot words, means, an voice inflection. Too bad we cannae invite Chomsky, eh? He'd tear himsel' asunder listenin' tae her havering on like radical feminist"​

Last edited:
Its like Im banging my head on the wall all the time and then ... I try so hard...I can't even say. I put everything, EVERYTHING into doing something when I try, yet just always struggling to stay on top of my workload. gah I hate that. I need it to be worth it. I need to do better

Graeme1988

Quite stressed, but ah feel a wee bit a shamed to admit that. Actually, am nearly burnt oot with aw this unrelenting focus on ma post-surgery rehab n recovery. It really drains aw the enjoyment outta relaxing.

Even this year's Glasgow Comedy Festival has went by in a blurry. Ah huv'nae even hud time to write a post aboot it in ma own thread.

It like ah cannae be allowed any proper rest, cuz gettin' better has taken priority over whit free time ah've got. Just this routine of up, walk, exercise, minimal sleep. And repeat. Up, walk... :kickingmyself:

Cannae even take ma mind of it for a second. :veryangry:
Ma life seems tae be on hold at the moment, until am back tae full fitness.

Last edited: