I am ugly

A) You look like a younger/skinnier version of me, so thanks a lot.

B) Your original post is borderline misogynistic and racist: just fyi. I don't see how you can condemn women for having standards and preferences when you obviously have certain standards and preferences yourself. You're obviously not ugly, so to be completely blunt, I'm guessing your (physical) standards are just too high if you're complaining about not being able to find someone to go out with you.

Not trying to start anything, but I'm just saying...

Yeah, I do sound like a borderline misogynist/racist but you can't deny there is some truth to what I've said. and I know everyone has their own standards (besides asexuals?), but I've never once mentioned any of my own, or that I was even interested/capable of dating. Trust me when I say my standards are definitely NOT high. That is just ironic to say to someone with low self-esteem such as I. Frankly, I couldn't even give a **** about relationships because I have AvPD and no friends.

Sinar_Matahari

Based on what I read in your original post, you almost had me conviced of the possibility that there was some truth to your claims, but I don't think you're ugly at all. You can think I'm lying, but the truth is that if I truly thought a person is ugly, I wouldn't comment at all.

Your looks are not your problem. In my opinion, your biggest problem is how you think and feel about yourself. Consequently, the way you feel about yourself may affect how you feel about others. You claim that you are a misanthrope. I can understand that this may be your reaction to real or percieved injustices and rejection. Perhaps this is a sort of defense mechanism, but being hateful and bitter isn't going to help your case. How can others give you a chance if you don't give them or yourself a chance?

Sometimes, we are our own worst enemy. Besides, if you think yourself so hiddeous then I'd hate to know how you see others. I agree with Token where he writes that your standards may be really high.

Last edited:

Felgen

I'm just gonna write whatever here because I don't feel motivated enough to care if it sounds even remotely intelligible or not. Anyway, I am ugly. I know there are people on this site who claim to be ugly, but they are not ugly. They insult the people who are truly ugly like me. I've come to accept this fact about myself. Now you may ask, why do I care enough to whine about it? because it's not merely about my looks, but the reactions I get from the people I meet. If you are good looking and quiet, people assume you are shy or modest. But if you are butt-ugly and quiet, people assume you are some creep or child molester.

Ugly people have it hard. People will deny it because they don't want to admit they are vain or prejudiced, since that is not socially acceptable. Women especially will tell you "looks don't matter", but in reality, they are not only vain but also good liars (enough to fool themselves), because no one wants to date an ugly ass mofo no matter how good his personality is. I also admit I have a terrible personality, and I've also never been on a date. I never plan to.

I am also Korean, and realistically, heterosexual Caucasian girls are as likely to date an Asian man as a white man is likely to date a black girl. Even gay men hate Asians, because they are too effeminate. I am not a racist for pointing out the facts. A paper written by the University of Chicago's Economics department points out an Asian man must make $247,000.00 annually to date a white woman, which not only points out that Asian men are disadvantaged in a Western country, but also most women are shallow and will date ugly mofos like Donald Trump as long as they have fat wallets. Here is the full article:

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.125.8773&rep=rep1&type=pdf

I don't care about dating a white woman, but their behavior also reflects on women of other ethnicity, such as the white-washed Asian females who would rather prefer to date a white or black guy than an Asian. Obviously, you will think I am an overgeneralizing racist. and of course there are good looking Asian males, but we can't all be k-pop idols.

If being ugly wasn't enough, I'm also stupid and have a ****ty personality. I haven't hung out with anyone since fifth grade and I don't have any online friends. I am too incompetent to even finish a degree. The one good thing I can say about myself is that I never treat women as objects, but that is only because I am a misanthrope and I hate both men and women equally. I also hate children and the elderly. and I hate the media. and cars.

I have no friends, I am a ****ty person, and I have no motivation to continue living. I've also never made a Facebook account because I am too ugly. Have a good day.

I'm not gay, but I'm not blind either and you're not ugly. If your ethnic origins are your problem (oriental men on average have more sex partners than caucasian men), you should come to Norway. Girls here love Asian men. :)

Snowdrop

Dude...

How do you define ugly? Perception is key here.
What you percieve to be a fault in yourself could very well be little or meaningless to other people. Your problem is you dont even try because of these thoughts you have.
What do you expect? you have a horrible out look on life and people in general , and just because some article says "this!!!" ... .. does not make it true.
Just because some biased people took a group of "controlled" test subjects to derive a statistic does not make it fact. I would suggest you stop generalizing, because no matter what way you put it , yes , thats exactly what your doing. It is wrong and insulting im sure to many people that you think this way. "The world does not change , only your perception of the world does"

Lifes ment to be enjoyed , and pretending to have all the answers is going to inhibite you.
Learn , and experience things and take in what life has to offer. Its a ride man, and when you forget lifes just a ride, thats when you start taking sh*t to seriously.
So please Learn to have more of an open mind, learn to take in the natural beauty this world has to offer , learn to accept yourself above everything though.
I hope the best for you man , i really do , deciding to change is the very first step to becoming happy. Decide to be the best you can be.
Do the best you can with what god gave you. Also keep in mind it isnt the things you cant control that define you , its how you handle the situations that define you. So start making the right choices bud. You just might discover the world is far from bleak. The world is something to be taken in. Like a beautiful red and orange sky just before sunset. Its the little things man. Another thing i would like to say is
Big change is the result of many little changes. You can start on just a day to day basis. Believe in yourself and your believe in others will follow.

I agree with everything you said.
Comparing yourself with others is just about the worst thing you could do. For starters because beauty cannot be measured, you cannot put beauty on a scale. What does it even mean to be good looking? I think everyone could be goodlooking, you could have nice hair, you could be wearing nice clothes. But beauty is different. It sounds corny but beauty can only be seen with the heart and not in the face. The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, it can only be felt in the heart.
You are who you are. You will never be that model on TV, the k-pop idol as you say. You obviously have standards yourself, otherwise you wouldn't consider yourself ugly. You will always be you. If you are just trying to be someone else then you are just wasting the person that you're supposed to be. Stop picking out all the bad things about yourself. If someone called you ugly, that person whose saying it is doing a very ugly thing themselves. They have an ugly soul, they have an ugly purpose and that purpose is to hurt you. Just turn away in that situation. If you have dignity you put yourself 100 feet higher, just by having dignity.
The world can be a harsh and critical environment, but it is all about being able to keep going, stay strong despite negativity. Why should you even care about other people? Why should you even need to prove them wrong? Being beautiful is not everything. Nobody is perfect, inside or out, it is simply a matter of personal opinion. There will be a special young lady out there who will love you for who you are. The only people you should care about are your family and anyone else who is important to you. How do your family/loved ones see you? There must be someone out there who loves you for who you are in your own light and if you learn to love yourself that should be all that matters right? I mean why waste your time arguing back and forth in your mind how ugly you are and how beautiful others are.
There's a saying that you may think holding on is what makes you strong, but what's strongest is being able to let go. When one door is closed, one door will open. But very often we spend so long looking at the closed door that we don't realise the another door is open. Think about it. If you spend your life just trying to prove others wrong (about your looks, personality whatever) you are not living your own life. You're living their's.
What makes you beautiful are YOUR morals and YOUR values. And nobody can take that away from you.
And by the way, I'm asian myself :)

Last edited:

Fighter86

In all honesty, you definitely are not ugly at all. In fact, you look way better than I do taking that picture just like that sitting in front of the com, I wouldn't be caught dead with a picture of myself in front of the com now. Thank god I am female so makeup can help, but that's a whole entire story. Which part of your face bothers you?

hippiechild

Almost all of my gay Caucasian friends (and there are quite a few) have commented that they find Asian guys to be highly attractive... smoother skin, gentle pigmentation, high cheek bones and generally pleasant features...

I remember in the past that most of the girls I went to high school with, all Caucasian, thought Asian guys were gorgeous.

...whatever the hell any of that means

Also, your thread has caused the page to plaster my screen with ads for Filipino prostitutes :D

D

deleted user 1

UglyAsiaguy, I understand where you're coming from. I suffered an injury many years ago which affected the shape of my nose, I'm left with a deviated septum. I've never been able to afford the £3000 to £5000 required to correct it. To the point however, I have seen the change in behaviour towards me. The vast majority of people tell you that looks do not matter, they tell you that your personality is all that matters. It is a bare faced lie. I'm not bitter about it, but I do not appreciate people lieing to me, and definitely do not appreciate people lieing as to infer they are not shallow. There seems to be this behaviour of saying things they do not mean, in order to keep up a vail of decency, but their actions say something different. That's just the way things are, the nature of the beast in humanity.

Regarding women, I am not going to pretend to understand them fully. But I will offer forth my observations throughout the years. If you are deemed "ugly" (a very vague term for something down to personal interpretation), then people in general will view you negatively from the start. You are automatically not funny, unintelligent, incompetent and people are much less forgiving. If you are deemed attractive, then you are the complete opposite. We can all recall the cute guy with a girl on each arm, every idiotic thing he says is funny and insightful. It's intensely frustrating, but, there is nothing you can do about it. Aesthetics are very important, take a look at the celebrity culture which has taken complete control over common thinking, what does it bring out in people? It's not good, not good at all. We live in an age governed by these values more so than at any other point in history. It's very difficult to live on the curb of what's desired. But this brings me to my next point, so do not despair.

Like I said before, aesthetics are governed by individual interpretation. For instance, I do not consider female celebrities to be desirable, quite the contrary. Many people share my opinions, though they may not reflect the mainstream. Thus, there is always hope of finding someone. By allowing your frustration to simmer, you become a worse person, worse even than the people who stir these feelings in you. Now that is a tragedy.

Luke1993

Almost all of my gay Caucasian friends (and there are quite a few) have commented that they find Asian guys to be highly attractive... smoother skin, gentle pigmentation, high cheek bones and generally pleasant features...

I remember in the past that most of the girls I went to high school with, all Caucasian, thought Asian guys were gorgeous.

...whatever the hell any of that means

Also, your thread has caused the page to plaster my screen with ads for Filipino prostitutes :D

download adblock plus my friend! It is truly a godsend.

Sinar_Matahari

This reminds me! One of my gay friends came to visit me last summer and he was telling me how much he likes Asian guys. He's been wanting to move to Tokyo.

I honestly don't remember Caucasian girls saying that they didn't find Asian guys attractive. I've met a few African American girls who liked Korean guys.

LOL They're mail order brides.

Pookah

I think Asian guys are attractive. /shrug

From the pic I wouldn't call you ugly, at all. Some low self esteem and some skewed self image stuff going on there.

You probably (hopefully) realize the negative attitude is what is bringing you down.

I do commiserate on some level though because I consider myself ugly. I think certain inner things make up for that and have felt bitter that the world cares less about the inside.

Last edited:

KiaKaha

Banned
You could be a lot worse... You are a fairly good looking guy in my opinion. I do share some of your thoughts and agree that appearances can affect the way people treat you and that it can shape your life experiences (unless someone bothers to actually get to know you...but we all know that human beings are exceptionally lazy creatures) ... it sounds like how you have been treated has distorted the perception of yourself and the world as a whole. It probably wont reassure you much, but if I may say so anyway... your a good looking guy.

Last edited:

Interzone

You aren't bad looking at all dude. And I agree with the thing about women being liers. Most of them are. "I don't care about looks, I only care about personality". Yeah right, BS.

D

deleted user 1

That is highly amusing gender stereotyping.

The difference is that things are more black and white with men. You know more where you stand with them, granted that isn't always true, but that's the vast majority. Women often can say one thing, but mean another. And regarding the whole personality thing, that is definitely a complete load of tripe. So often we hear these words, but look at the men those women go after! LOL. Many spend the rest of their lives with low grade men, trying to convince themselves that he'll change, or simply committing to lifelong denial, thus adopting his bad traits, behaviour and beliefs. Yep, far too common.

Last edited:
D

deleted user 1

I wanted to share a few points about myself:

- I am not gay.
- I am looking for a relationship with neither male nor female.
- I just felt like ranting and wanted to share my ugliness with all of you.
- I think there are too many cliched phrases on this thread.
- I want to grow a Chuck Norris beard but my genes won't let me.

I wish I could trade with you on this. I hate shaving, but hate beards! The grass is always greener, eh? XD