I Can Help You Cure Your Blushing

I want to add something here (sorry about spelling / paragraph format, im typing this from my iphone) anyway what i want to say is, blushing has been a good thing for me in some ways. Yes its an awful thing when it happens, but because of my endless search for the answer, for the cure, i have stopped smoking (cannabis and cigs) stopped drinking coffee, eat very healthy food, have better knowledge of which foods are good and why, i drink more water, i plan on drinking less alcohol at weekends, try to exersize more, i found out that i may have high histamine and though my attempt to lower it may not help blushing (it maybe is though) it seems to be helping me relax and sleep better. The list could go on, and when i think about it, i would probably be more unhealthy and ultimately not live as long if it wasnt for blushing. So sometimes when i think why me, i also think of the good it has done

cure

Yeah I'm now convinced that this was just a big placebo effect for me. I think I got my histamine levels too low, couldn't even flush with 100mg of Niacin now. I hope I don't discourage anyone, I think this can work but maybe only for a very limited number of people.

I think my blushing came from a lack of confidence and it will only go away when I rebuild my confidence. It's no coincidence that I started blushing more and more every passing year when my confidence was slowly falling down. I think when I feel inferior to other people, when I feel intimidated by them, my body activates the fight or flight response which makes me blush. If I had confidence it would choose fight instead of flight.

This will not be a quick fix, it's gonna take a long time and it's not gonna be easy to rebuild my confidence but I think it's the only way for me to beat this debilitating shit. I already have a plan and I'm gonna execute it soon. :)

theoneandonly

Yeah I'm now convinced that this was just a big placebo effect for me. I think I got my histamine levels too low, couldn't even flush with 100mg of Niacin now. I hope I don't discourage anyone, I think this can work but maybe only for a very limited number of people.

I think my blushing came from a lack of confidence and it will only go away when I rebuild my confidence. It's no coincidence that I started blushing more and more every passing year when my confidence was slowly falling down. I think when I feel inferior to other people, when I feel intimidated by them, my body activates the fight or flight response which makes me blush. If I had confidence it would choose fight instead of flight.

This will not be a quick fix, it's gonna take a long time and it's not gonna be easy to rebuild my confidence but I think it's the only way for me to beat this debilitating shit. I already have a plan and I'm gonna execute it soon. :)

This is very interesting, I think me and you have the exact same type of blushing.

When I'm sitting in an honors class at school where everyone is a little shy, I don't feel the need to blush in most cases. However, when I'm sitting in a regular class that contains the big-shot dumb people (dumb jocks and egotistical people) I feel more inferior and will blush more.

Are you sure that your histamine levels have lowered?

cure

This is very interesting, I think me and you have the exact same type of blushing.

When I'm sitting in an honors class at school where everyone is a little shy, I don't feel the need to blush in most cases. However, when I'm sitting in a regular class that contains the big-shot dumb people (dumb jocks and egotistical people) I feel more inferior and will blush more.

Are you sure that your histamine levels have lowered?

Yeah this week I was really tired and had to sleep much earlier than before. I think this could be a sign of low histamine.

cure

I went to see a doctor today and after an electrocardiogram he detected something abnormal with my heart. I will know more when I see a cardiologist. Hopefully it's nothing serious and the cause of my blushing.

theoneandonly

I went to see a doctor today and after an electrocardiogram he detected something abnormal with my heart. I will know more when I see a cardiologist. Hopefully it's nothing serious and the cause of my blushing.

I hope it's nothing serious and could be the cause of your blushing as well.

Did the doctor say anything about it being a possible cause of blushing?

TubalCain

Could high blood pressure cause excessive blushing?
Doubtful. However, you may be prescribed a beta blocker or clonidine to lower your blood pressure. I have tried both of these drugs for blushing and they worked a little bit. I've heard other people successfully stop blushing on these drugs. Unfortunately it seems that everyone's blushing is different and there is no cure that works for everyone.

0hs0luckyyx3

I just got Solaray Calcium EAP 500mg and Twinlab L-Methionine 500mg. I took one of each of those about half an hour ago, starting the process. I'll be updating new posts every week on how its doing. Lets pray to god this works!!

cure

Doubtful. However, you may be prescribed a beta blocker or clonidine to lower your blood pressure. I have tried both of these drugs for blushing and they worked a little bit. I've heard other people successfully stop blushing on these drugs. Unfortunately it seems that everyone's blushing is different and there is no cure that works for everyone.

You're right, everyone seems to have a different kind of blushing. I believe my blushing is 100% psychological. I very rarely blush in front of doctors, nurses and old people.. probably because I feel less intimidated by them.

How long did Paxil work for you before the blushing came back? I took Effexor XR at 75 mg and it completely stopped my blushing for 2 months and now I'm thinking of trying Paxil.

TubalCain

You're right, everyone seems to have a different kind of blushing. I believe my blushing is 100% psychological. I very rarely blush in front of doctors, nurses and old people.. probably because I feel less intimidated by them.

I initially thought my social anxiety disorder caused my blushing. Now I feel my blushing is about 90% physical and 10% mental (my father [sweating] and mother [crying], though not blushers, both seem to have some abnormality with their sympathetic nervous system). There has to be some mental component because it occurs in response to social cues (a feeling of vulnerability, no matter how insignificant, seems to be the trigger) but when I didn't blush I had no social anxiety disorder. Once the blushing returned my social anxiety disorder came back. But I admit it's a real chicken-and-egg-problem and I can't be sure of the ultimate cause(s).

How long did Paxil work for you before the blushing came back?

Make sure you give it at least a month for its efficacy to ramp up. If it works partially, but not completely, see if you can up the dosage.

In my case, the blushing came back gradually. It first started happening only in the most stressful situations and then gradually started happening in the mundane situations. I did not blush at all for about five years. The first time I started blushing again was when I voluntarily spoke in front of my church's youth group (see here for a longer story). I had to periodically up the dosage I was taking. It was after about 10 years that I found I was getting virtually no benefit from taking it and stopped.

Now, about a year and a half after I stopped taking it, I have started taking it again and have had success (but for how long?). I am taking it in conjunction with the L-methionine and calcium (can't hurt). A problem now is that, at 28, I face far fewer blushing situations than I did in high school and college. I'm not really sure if it would work if I did public speaking or dated. Maybe it is just working in the less stressful work situations I come across.

My hypothesis for why it works is that there is a chemical reaction in my brain that triggers the blushing (probably dealing with serotonin). Paxil somehow interrupts/diminishes this reaction and thus I don't blush. I will start blushing again when my body adapts to the effects of Paxil. If I stop taking Paxil my body will adapt back to its normal state. Re-starting Paxil will then work. I really need a second drug so that I can switch between drugs without a long period of enduring blushing.

I took Effexor XR at 75 mg and it completely stopped my blushing for 2 months and now I'm thinking of trying Paxil.

I tried that same dosage after I stopped Paxil and it did not help me. I also tried other SSRIs after the Paxil and they did not work. I don't know if that was because my tolerance to Paxil made me tolerant to other SSRIs or if the other SSRIs would never have worked from the beginning. My point is that you shouldn't be afraid to try different SSRIs. However I think Paxil and Lexapro would be the first SSRIs to try. Other drugs to consider, based off of my own internet research, are benzodiazepines, MAOIs, clonidine, beta blockers, and anticholinergics. The last option, if life is unbearable and you're willing to take the risk, is ETS.

I also think you should keep taking the L-methionine and calcium at least to the six month mark. You seemed to have some success and it seems strange that the placebo effect was still working over a month after you started taking the supplements. Of course, I am speaking as an outside observer and you know your situation better than I do. If the blushing is really 100% back then you're probably right to stop taking it.

cure

I initially thought my social anxiety disorder caused my blushing. Now I feel my blushing is about 90% physical and 10% mental (my father [sweating] and mother [crying], though not blushers, both seem to have some abnormality with their sympathetic nervous system). There has to be some mental component because it occurs in response to social cues (a feeling of vulnerability, no matter how insignificant, seems to be the trigger) but when I didn't blush I had no social anxiety disorder. Once the blushing returned my social anxiety disorder came back. But I admit it's a real chicken-and-egg-problem and I can't be sure of the ultimate cause(s).

Make sure you give it at least a month for its efficacy to ramp up. If it works partially, but not completely, see if you can up the dosage.

In my case, the blushing came back gradually. It first started happening only in the most stressful situations and then gradually started happening in the mundane situations. I did not blush at all for about five years. The first time I started blushing again was when I voluntarily spoke in front of my church's youth group (see here for a longer story). I had to periodically up the dosage I was taking. It was after about 10 years that I found I was getting virtually no benefit from taking it and stopped.

Now, about a year and a half after I stopped taking it, I have started taking it again and have had success (but for how long?). I am taking it in conjunction with the L-methionine and calcium (can't hurt). A problem now is that, at 28, I face far fewer blushing situations than I did in high school and college. I'm not really sure if it would work if I did public speaking or dated. Maybe it is just working in the less stressful work situations I come across.

My hypothesis for why it works is that there is a chemical reaction in my brain that triggers the blushing (probably dealing with serotonin). Paxil somehow interrupts/diminishes this reaction and thus I don't blush. I will start blushing again when my body adapts to the effects of Paxil. If I stop taking Paxil my body will adapt back to its normal state. Re-starting Paxil will then work. I really need a second drug so that I can switch between drugs without a long period of enduring blushing.

I tried that same dosage after I stopped Paxil and it did not help me. I also tried other SSRIs after the Paxil and they did not work. I don't know if that was because my tolerance to Paxil made me tolerant to other SSRIs or if the other SSRIs would never have worked from the beginning. My point is that you shouldn't be afraid to try different SSRIs. However I think Paxil and Lexapro would be the first SSRIs to try. Other drugs to consider, based off of my own internet research, are benzodiazepines, MAOIs, clonidine, beta blockers, and anticholinergics. The last option, if life is unbearable and you're willing to take the risk, is ETS.

I also think you should keep taking the L-methionine and calcium at least to the six month mark. You seemed to have some success and it seems strange that the placebo effect was still working over a month after you started taking the supplements. Of course, I am speaking as an outside observer and you know your situation better than I do. If the blushing is really 100% back then you're probably right to stop taking it.

Thanks for the answer. It's encouraging to know it worked that long for you. I hope it will work long enough for me to rebuild my confidence.

I have to stop taking methionine for some time because my doctor told me to not take anything before I get some other tests for my heart. I will probably start taking it again after.

Good luck with Paxil, hopefully it will work for years.

0hs0luckyyx3

So we need to take 500mg of l-methionine and 500mg calcium at the beggining of each day, then 500mg of l-methionine and 500mg of calcium at the end of each day, right? Or is it 1000mg of l-methionine at one end of the day and then 1000mg of calcium at the other end of the day?

Should we take these before/after/during meals or on an empty stomach?

Thanks

I'm taking 500mg of methione and 500mg of calcium in the morning everyday, and thats it. You can take that plus 500 mg of methione and 500 mg of calcium at night too, the person that published this to the web said to take 500mg of each in the morning and at night, maybe i'll up my doses. I dont think taking 1000mg in the morning and than another 1000mg at night is too healthy though.. but dont ask me about that I'm not a doctor lol ::p:

cure

There was nothing wrong with my heart. My doctor prescribed me Celexa, I wanted Paxil but he said Celexa has less side effects. I will see how it works.

B

Barban

Hi, I was checking my doctor today and he said he can't check my histamine level... So I dont know what to do now. (All the internet tests shows that I may have high histamine)
Should I check it by myself with some pils from internet like Cure did? Thanks.

O

odes

You can go by your self to find any lab for blood or plasma test for histmine levels, and you can check and pyrroles for pyroluria, will cost some money but is better to check before you taking anything, I have litle high my histmine levels and I start the cure 10 days now
Odes

westminster

I've been taking the Methionine and Calcium diligently for over a month now. No effect!

Is everyone in agreement that the initial results for some were placebo? Or has anyone had continued success with this? Don't want others to have false hopes...

I still take methionine and have been for almost 8 weeks now, however I have only been taking one 500mg tablet a day recently. I have also stopped taking calcium tablets because I believe my diet provides enough of it. It does seem like its taking the edge off again, possibly because I reduced my histamine levels too far, by taking too much methionine, and now I have them back at a nice average level?? I dont know. I will continue to take 500mg methionine per day for a few months, or possibly for the longer term, im still experimenting.

I have also been taking valerian recently, and im positive it’s helping me. I would say it takes 50%-75% of the pre ‘potential blush situation’ anxiety away, which leaves me less likely to blush if/when a situation arises.

On top of this I drink at least 3 pints of water every day before 1pm, usually having at least 1 of those pints within minutes of waking up n the morning and again im positive this helps.

Im happy enough with my current situation and would certainly recommend it!

Last edited:
R

RealRemedy

Hey guys,

I've been following this board for some time now without posting. Yes, I have tried the methionine and calcium combination to no avail. I even had my blood tested and found out I have normal histamine levels.

I've been "blushing" for about a decade. I'm 21 years old and have tried pretty much everything under the sun for treatment ( ETS surgery, SSRI's, Benzo's, Beta Blockers, Therapy, etc.). However, I've found out something new that I have been trying and it seems to help me quite a bit. Believe me, I used to blush so badly and felt it was destroying my life just like all of you so this feels so wonderful to have a somewhat large grip on it. This is generally what I do (forgive my summary as I am short on time.) :

First- I exercise at least 5 times a week. Please do this. It helps tremendously. Keep a solid regime.

Second- I take L-theanine to relax. Research it a bit, it's great for anxiety. I'm also on an anti depressant called wellbutrin in case you wanted to know.

Third and most important- I researched rosacea, When I blush it's all over my face. It's a solid red. I blush at awkward times, sometimes for no reason. So I looked into rosacea as maybe the reason for this strange occurrence. I stumbled upon a site called rosacea LTD, it's these small discs that you rub on your face in the morning and at night to shrink capillaries and to repair the skin... I was skeptical because of the price, it's like 80 bucks, but after reading about it it made a bit of sense so I ordered it. I've been using them for about a month and a half and they have made an unbelievable difference, I hardly blush anymore. Really look into this, your blushing could be a weird form of rosacea. Here's the site for research: Facial &amp Ocular Rosacea Treatments, Definitions - Rosacea Ltd III

I thought I'd give you my remedies thus far...Check it out.
NEVER give up.

Jason

theoneandonly

Hey guys,

I've been following this board for some time now without posting. Yes, I have tried the methionine and calcium combination to no avail. I even had my blood tested and found out I have normal histamine levels.

I've been "blushing" for about a decade. I'm 21 years old and have tried pretty much everything under the sun for treatment ( ETS surgery, SSRI's, Benzo's, Beta Blockers, Therapy, etc.). However, I've found out something new that I have been trying and it seems to help me quite a bit. Believe me, I used to blush so badly and felt it was destroying my life just like all of you so this feels so wonderful to have a somewhat large grip on it. This is generally what I do (forgive my summary as I am short on time.) :

First- I exercise at least 5 times a week. Please do this. It helps tremendously. Keep a solid regime.

Second- I take L-theanine to relax. Research it a bit, it's great for anxiety. I'm also on an anti depressant called wellbutrin in case you wanted to know.

Third and most important- I researched rosacea, When I blush it's all over my face. It's a solid red. I blush at awkward times, sometimes for no reason. So I looked into rosacea as maybe the reason for this strange occurrence. I stumbled upon a site called rosacea LTD, it's these small discs that you rub on your face in the morning and at night to shrink capillaries and to repair the skin... I was skeptical because of the price, it's like 80 bucks, but after reading about it it made a bit of sense so I ordered it. I've been using them for about a month and a half and they have made an unbelievable difference, I hardly blush anymore. Really look into this, your blushing could be a weird form of rosacea. Here's the site for research: Facial &amp Ocular Rosacea Treatments, Definitions - Rosacea Ltd III

I thought I'd give you my remedies thus far...Check it out.
NEVER give up.

Jason

Wait, so has the Rosacea treatment completely eliminated your blushing?