I need female friends.

springk

I have only female friends in my life and never had w guy friend..i wonder what that would be like.
The back stabbing thing, yeah it happens among female friends but i wonder if the guys have that too??

Lamb

I have only female friends in my life and never had w guy friend..i wonder what that would be like.
The back stabbing thing, yeah it happens among female friends but i wonder if the guys have that too??

Usually guys have a brawl or verbal clash, then make up an hour later and all is good again. No grudges or pettiness. That's one thing I love about them. Lol

Are girls in general catty and caniving?

Last edited:

jaim38

I feel bad for saying this, but the word b**** cross my mind many times when I see an actress on tv or read something by a female author. I just can't shut my brain off for some reason, even when I tell myself I shouldn't use the word b**** to describe women. I am a woman myself but I don't have good experiences with other women in general. Some of my worst bullies are women.

ImNotMyIllness

Usually guys have a brawl or verbal clash, then make up an hour later and all is good again. No grudges or pettiness. That's one thing I love about them. Lol

That is the one good thing about us guys. We settle our differences pretty quickly. I've had some pretty heated arguments with my guy friends but within an hour it's forgotten. Us guys, don't really hold onto things. That's what gets us in trouble with our girlfriends. Women never forget anything!

I would say in general women are more catty and conniving than men. The flip side is that men are usually more prone to violence i.e fist fights etc

Lamb

I feel bad for saying this, but the word b**** cross my mind many times when I see an actress on tv or read something by a female author. I just can't shut my brain off for some reason, even when I tell myself I shouldn't use the word b**** to describe women. I am a woman myself but I don't have good experiences with other women in general. Some of my worst bullies are women.

Sounds like me and you dealt with similar issues. I don't want to believe that's the case (those qualities) which is why I'm asking with hopes to get female insight.

imnotmyillness said:
That is the one good thing about us guys. We settle our differences pretty quickly. I've had some pretty heated arguments with my guy friends but within an hour it's forgotten. Us guys, don't really hold onto things. That's what gets us in trouble with our girlfriends. Women never forget anything!

I would say in general women are more catty and conniving than men. The flip side is that men are usually more prone to violence i.e fist fights etc

I'd take a fist fight and a black eye anyday over bickering.

cowboyup

Me too.

I feel bad because when I drop/pick up my nephew at preschool, I see other women making plans, or talking to one another and I secretly wish I could at least get one of them to say Hi. I smile and try to engage in some kind of exchange of niceties but it never happens.

I'm beginning to feel like it's me :question:

granted, I am not a girly girl like a lot of them are, but at the same token, I guess it might have something to do with the fact that I am quite a bit older than the rest. Man, that sucks to think of it that way - and have some kid think that their "grandma" is picking them up from preschool, lol!

I swear I don't look my age either. And I am very hygienic. I change my underwear daily. I shave - even my mustache. So what's up with that?

Maybe I need a Louis Vuitton purse and not my 'diaper tote'

Do I smell of drool from the 5 month old?

.....and so it goes

Lamb

Me too.

I feel bad because when I drop/pick up my nephew at preschool, I see other women making plans, or talking to one another and I secretly wish I could at least get one of them to say Hi. I smile and try to engage in some kind of exchange of niceties but it never happens.

I'm beginning to feel like it's me :question:

granted, I am not a girly girl like a lot of them are, but at the same token, I guess it might have something to do with the fact that I am quite a bit older than the rest. Man, that sucks to think of it that way - and have some kid think that their "grandma" is picking them up from preschool, lol!

I swear I don't look my age either. And I am very hygienic. I change my underwear daily. I shave - even my mustache. So what's up with that?

Maybe I need a Louis Vuitton purse and not my 'diaper tote'

Do I smell of drool from the 5 month old?

.....and so it goes

cowboyup, thanks for the laugh! I know exactly what you mean. I'll be your internet friend. :p In the real world, I get along better with females much older than my age. I'm thinking about asking my therapist to be my friend (not that she's much older or anything) but that may be a bit awkward.. hmmm. I'm obviously starving for connections. lol

Hii Saga! :p Watcha thinking? dots always make me think people are thinking thoughts they don't want to say. haha

Saga

^_^ I wasn't really thinking anything. I just ended with dots because I was leaving it open for you to decide if you had any interest in being internet friends. xD Now I look back at it, that isn't very clear. Bleh. >_< :]

cowboyup

cowboyup, thanks for the laugh! I know exactly what you mean. I'll be your internet friend. :p In the real world, I get along better with females much older than my age. I'm thinking about asking my therapist to be my friend (not that she's much older or anything) but that may be a bit awkward.. hmmm. I'm obviously starving for connections. lol

Hii Saga! :p Watcha thinking? dots always make me think people are thinking thoughts they don't want to say. haha

Thanks! official internet friend :)

razzle dazzle rose

I would like female friends :) I get along with women just fine, but for some reason or other, my friendships have always drifted apart, even the ones I had with men. Blame it on the SA! :) (anyone here in the LA area in California?)

Lamb

I want to go spring shopping before it actually arrives to beat the crowd and i'm really preferring a girl come along as opposed to going alone.

hexagon_sun

I'm with you on that one. I have been trying to be all tough and macho; avoiding female or any human contact, for that matter, for over a year now, but lately I've been longing for the tenderness of nurturing female. I would be perfectly content with a platonic relationship. I'm just tired of being so hard hearted. Someone to make me forget how messed-up the world is.

Raichel

Who would've thought it'd catch up. I need someone to go hiking with, jog, road trips, take photos, make silly faces. Dx

My qualifications are as follows: must struggle with SA

Wish I could find someone like that in my home city! :)

Lamb

I'm with you on that one. I have been trying to be all tough and macho; avoiding female or any human contact, for that matter, for over a year now, but lately I've been longing for the tenderness of nurturing female. I would be perfectly content with a platonic relationship. I'm just tired of being so hard hearted. Someone to make me forget how messed-up the world is.

*nods* I understand. *hands out hugs*

1BlackSheep

I'd like more of both female and male friends (it's interesting to hear what makes them tick!). I get really bored at work sometimes when it's slow, so if anyone wants to email chat (or play Words with Friends), just send a PM! :)