Insecure people!

wistful_dementia

Hehe, once I had an assignment for my cultural_anthropology class to take rides in an elevator and record people's reactions. Most people went out of there way not to look at me. Of course it was a confined space. But, some people where actually nice, and some were so bold to ask me what I was doing (in a polite way). At first I had a hard time at doing this but after awhile it was kind of amusing. I myself became so bold that I sat on the floor of the elevator to see what reactions I would get. Mostly giggles and stares, but oddly enough I didn't sense these stares to be condemning or judgmental... they were probably afraid that I was schizo. But, boys and girls I wouldn't recommend repeating this excercise... there was one hostile man who got on the elevator twice. He looked like he was about to punch me, until I kindly asked him how he was doing and let him know the purpose of my madness.

wistful_dementia

ohhhhhh yeah, I was forced to say hello to people by the counselor that I had almost a year ago. Once again, it was difficult, but I made it through without having a panic attack. Some wierd looks, some snobs, but most people were nice.

Anonymous

why.....arent you jusr rude people, you regard every body as your enemy, don't take it out on people, your problem is that you really hate people and you deep inside feel that people hate you back and you just can't handle it, so you become an SP.
You are just a bunch of losers whose obsseion in life is to look and act cool, to have the consent of everybody that you are OK, cause you hate yourself and you need someone else to tell you "you r ok".
thats what you really are...................

wistful_dementia

Hahah... Another idiotic mind-reader. No, these days if I really wanted to be cool I would say what the hell ever I wanted to anyone I wanted without considering the consequences. That's what all of you big mouth idiots do. Do I want real friends who are wise and actually care about me? Of course. Personally, I think that you are the loser who is going to go throughout your entire life trying to be a cool superficial little shit (but of course you are probably too cool to admit that you are cool). And no, I don't think everyone hates me and at this age I can careless about proving that I am cool.

I've been shy since birth. I know for a fact that there are intellegent and kind people out there... unfortunately there are also alot of insecure morons like yourself who feel like they have to boost there own self esteem by putting down others who they have no capability of understanding. fuck off loser. ooops I didn't mean to say that, please like me. uh, uh, wait come back 8O

silgado106

Don't you guys love it when people show how ignorant they are? It makes you see the world in such a better light. Thank you norm for making us know that we are better than at least one person. I'm sure that was your intent when writing your post wasn't it? ;) We all really appreciate it. Have fun :)

-Jp

i don't blame norm for being stupid. he just doesn't understands it, if he would i doubt he would make such a post so i don't think this has got anything to do with being better then one another.

Crimefish

Hmm. I try not to form opinions of stuff I don't understand.
Anyway. The assignment thing. It sounds amusing, but I get panic attacks too easily, and being in a place where you can't get away is too stressful.

Anonymous

LilMissTragic said:
I have walked round town all day looking directly at people. Amazing as it might sound for a sufferer of SP but I needed to see what it was that really put me off looking people in the face. I came to find that a lot of people come across as pretty insecure themselves. One lad I stared at nearly passed out i'm sure, he looked so embarrassed, this is one of the popular lads round here. I had to stifle a giggle. The worst I found were the teenage girls. It seems they think they have something to prove. They gave me the most dirty looks but it really didnt bother me. I also got plenty of smiles and even a few hello's. Also got ignored but altogether it was an amsuing experiment. I might try a hello tomorrow. If I'm feeling brave enough!
Anyone else done any experimenting with that sort of thing?

Nope. Never done that sort of thing.

In my experience, social situations of any nature, by design or otherwise, only speeds up my already gradually increasing levels of SA/SP. Since birth, I have been on a steady incline to the level(s) of SA/SP that I am at now. I have found that even situations that I once had lower levels of SA/SP in, they have gradually increased over a period of time. Going through life, I seemed to always find myself in social situations regardless of using avoidant techniques or not. Although the levels of SA/SP were different depending upon the situations, the end result was more or less the same. As I age, SA/SP ages with me.

However, for you, maybe this "experiment" could prove to be beneficial in some way. Your posted message had a positive sounding condentation to it. Maybe the results are/were what you expected?

Anonymous

I was right, you are all nothing but a bunch of low life, low self esteem losers...were you mistreated when you were kids? were you always told how useless you are? were you the nerd of the school?........hey piece of advise..............DON'T BLAME OTHER PEOPLE CAUSE YOU ARE JUST TOO CHICKEN SHIT TO GO THRU LIFE.........GET A LIFE.......end of story.

Anonymous

yea one more thing....why wont one of you machos post his/her phone no so we can have a real discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Ok….obviously you guys need help, real help……look at remarks and try to think of them:
1- No one tried to understand the motive behind my aggressive behavior.
2- No one tried (without attacking) to change my perception of you.
3- Your claws were quicker than your minds.

That elaborates my previous notion of hating people, your reaction was not trying to understand nor was it trying to change but was rather attacking and spontaneously dangerous because it reveals that you (unconsciously) feel the need to defend your self every moment of the day, this up normal behavior can only be caused by the constant feeling of being in danger, were the threat is represented in the society and the people who form it.
This feeling – of being always under threat- keeps you tense and stressed all the time.
This feeling stems from inside of you and blurs your vision thru your life, the intensified fear that occurs in social situations is really a mere reflection of how you regard people, if you are afraid of being judged, then probably you are judging people and –again unconsciously - expect them to reflect your behavior.
Bottom line, LOVE PEOPLE, LEARN HOW TO TRUST PEOPLE, that’s the key.

-Jp

norm said:
Ok….obviously you guys need help, real help……look at remarks and try to think of them:
1- No one tried to understand the motive behind my aggressive behavior.
2- No one tried (without attacking) to change my perception of you.
3- Your claws were quicker than your minds.

That elaborates my previous notion of hating people, your reaction was not trying to understand nor was it trying to change but was rather attacking and spontaneously dangerous because it reveals that you (unconsciously) feel the need to defend your self every moment of the day, this up normal behavior can only be caused by the constant feeling of being in danger, were the threat is represented in the society and the people who form it.
This feeling – of being always under threat- keeps you tense and stressed all the time.
This feeling stems from inside of you and blurs your vision thru your life, the intensified fear that occurs in social situations is really a mere reflection of how you regard people, if you are afraid of being judged, then probably you are judging people and –again unconsciously - expect them to reflect your behavior.
Bottom line, LOVE PEOPLE, LEARN HOW TO TRUST PEOPLE, that’s the key.

well, actualy, i was wondering what brought you here making such a critical reply to people you got nothing to do or in common with?
and i'm not justifieng yourself. i'm just saying you're wrong but i get the point you just tried to make. heh we're not SA because we want to and it doesn't happen overnight. a lot of people can get SA under the "right" circumstances, i think it's sensitive people that are more vanerable for it but i'm not sure.
why are you so quick to judge?
and loving people isn't the key, loving yourself is. without it you can't love others. and besides that, it isn't that simple, it can be done with alot of work and i'm well on my way to a better future without SA but it isn't easy and i think you are underestimating the effort it takes and besides the effort it also takes fair amount of knowledge about how to overcome SA that alot of SA people don't have.

wistful_dementia

*sigh*

okay, okay.. you are right.. thanks for straightening that out Norm :p or is it Norms? Strange how this person goes from I was righ you are all nothing but a bunch of low life, low self esteem losers.. to.. why don't one of you machos post his/her phone no. so we can have a real discussion... to...no one tried to understand the motive... to bottom line, love people... pretty disjointed flow of thoughts there... truly disturbing. No not because I hate you, I really love you and I want to teach you... but is it possible to educate someone with such a disjointed thought process or are there multiple Norms here or a group of over confident, presumptuous immature people? No, it would be very presumptuous and arrogant of me to jump to that conclusion, although I do leave that open to a possibility.

Ok... here is the clue... you attacked us with your first posting.. so we socialphobes being tired of people who understand nothing of socialphobia besides a distorted, biased, narrow, subjective and 'ego-centric' (self centered) view. Yes, when we are patronized and insulted we attack back... yes there was 'sharp-claws' defensively striking back, but that is 'normal' human behavior. What the wise thing to do is to follow up with continual less emotive dialogue to educate each other. Wasn't that your purpose? I don't agree with your original strategy... basically with your words you directed us to fulfill your preconcieved notions. And yet you invalidate your preconceived notion by hypocritically attacking us back. I don't believe that you are going to get to a realistic truth unless you try to be a tad bit more objective- strangely enough you expect that of us without expecting it of yourself. The final person, or maybe it was you finally rationalizing, finally began a meaningful dialogue....

Anonymous

There’s only one norm, that’s me, my problem is –unfortunately- anger management, I tend to be aggressive specially in social situations, I like to embarrass people and put them in tight spots, I have my best laughs when I meet a SP, that’s the max pleasure, especially when they blush and start escaping by pretending to laugh on my stinging comments which is actually about them. However since I started therapy I’m tending to be more compassionate and understanding.