Met someone today, from a wrong phone call

forksandspoons

So, I think I love this girl.

Ive had crushes on girls before, but never felt like this.

Ive had 2 girlfriends before, never cared for them like I do for her.

1 of which was one of my best friends. After dating for a little, we both agreed we worked better as friends and moved on.

The second, well, is a long story. I definitely never loved her.

To those who say/think we are moving fast, is love at first sight (or meet) impossible? We just have the back and forth of a couple, not friends.

A little more background on myself...
My SA is fairly under control. This time last year I literally couldn't leave my own home. When I did, I felt like puking. Im not 100% right now, but I dont think most people are anyway.

I posted this for those who have given up hope. Those who feel defeated and ruined. Ive been there. Ive been to the lowest low and even contemplated suicide. I would NEVER do that now. Even if we dont work out, I believe I can find this happiness again. It really makes life worth living.

I am very lucky, and I think my ordeal with SA made me a much better person in the long run. Maybe your break won't come like mine, or be as lucky as me, but I do believe if you continue working at it everyday, you will end up somewhere you like.

-lonestar-

So, I think I love this girl.

Ive had crushes on girls before, but never felt like this.

Ive had 2 girlfriends before, never cared for them like I do for her.

1 of which was one of my best friends. After dating for a little, we both agreed we worked better as friends and moved on.

The second, well, is a long story. I definitely never loved her.

To those who say/think we are moving fast, is love at first sight (or meet) impossible? We just have the back and forth of a couple, not friends.

A little more background on myself...
My SA is fairly under control. This time last year I literally couldn't leave my own home. When I did, I felt like puking. Im not 100% right now, but I dont think most people are anyway.

I posted this for those who have given up hope. Those who feel defeated and ruined. Ive been there. Ive been to the lowest low and even contemplated suicide. I would NEVER do that now. Even if we dont work out, I believe I can find this happiness again. It really makes life worth living.

I am very lucky, and I think my ordeal with SA made me a much better person in the long run. Maybe your break won't come like mine, or be as lucky as me, but I do believe if you continue working at it everyday, you will end up somewhere you like.

Stories like this inspire me, I really do believe we are all capable of being social, we just need to figure out our style of socializing. Most of all we need to get to know ourselves, I can attest that living with SP you end up not even knowing exactly who you are, you lack intrests because you see no point in much. People who socialize without difficulty can meet people, and those people introduce them to others, until one day love blossoms without trying, so thats what we gotta do find ourselves, find true confidence. I can see how far I've come because of following this path.

Congrats man! I hope your love lasts an eternity!

DeadmanWalking

Well, you could be in love; I'm not you, so I won't say. Do I believe in "love at first sight"? Well, I don't believe that it doesn't exist. If you really do love her, that's good, but make sure you ease her into this as well. If you rush this, you're going to end up in a really bad spot. Feel her out a bit before you tell her how you feel; look at her actions and listen to her words. If you can feel love, not infatuation, they're completely different, in them, then, by all means, tell her. She's most likely waiting for you to in that situation. But, if she's not, restrain your emotions for now and tell her at a later time, but do hint at it sometimes. Now, good luck and may the forces that be be with you!

It's good that your SA is healing; hopefully, by the time you two become a couple, then you'll be completely healed or close to it:). And, yeah, I won't give up and neither should anyone else because your fate is definitely sealed then.

forksandspoons

Sorry for the lack of updates. As my SA improves everyday, I have less and less need for the support of this website.

However, like I said, I know how it feels to hit the lowest low. It sucks. Bad. If I can help motivate 1 person, it is worth it to pop in from time to time. I came out of the depths of hell known as social anxiety a better person, and you can too.

I literally talked to her all day yesterday (through talk/text). I love her more and more everyday. We have seen each other at our worst and are at an "I love you" basis anyway. It has been about a month and a half since we met. I still want to know much more about her. I treat her like a princess, because she deserves it. I would be privileged to be that man for her for the rest of her life. I am taking interest in dancing (her thing) as she teaches me how to. She watches the NFL with me (my thing) as I teach her about it. We have many common interests in between as well. I could spend the rest of my life with her and call it a life well lived :D

DO NOT GIVE UP. FORKSANDSPOONS WILL TRACK YOU DOWN AND SMACK YOU AROUND IF YOU DO. YOUR BREAK IS COMING, DO NOT LET IT SLIP BY WHEN IT COMES! You may have to take a chance. If so, TAKE IT! You have to take a chance on something in life for happiness.

All of you can bounce back, I promise. I was ready to call it quits at age 21. Now, I want to live to 100 years old.

razzle dazzle rose

I literally talked to her all day yesterday (through talk/text). I love her more and more everyday. We have seen each other at our worst and are at an "I love you" basis anyway. It has been about a month and a half since we met. I still want to know much more about her. I treat her like a princess, because she deserves it. I would be privileged to be that man for her for the rest of her life. I am taking interest in dancing (her thing) as she teaches me how to. She watches the NFL with me (my thing) as I teach her about it. We have many common interests in between as well. I could spend the rest of my life with her and call it a life well lived :D

Oh, the bliss of falling in love. Makes me want to fall in love all over again...with my man of course.

Thanks for the update. Hope things keep getting better and better for you.

DeadmanWalking

Oh-so-cool ending there, forksandspoons:D! Now could you please come smack me around;)? I'm starting to become despondent again:rolleyes:. Also, I'm going to miss my break because I'm dense like that::eek::. But, I'll keep my eye out! Now, move forward and may this romance last forever!