Met someone today, from a wrong phone call

razzle dazzle rose

So for anyone interested, after 5 days of us talking for hours at a time, we are taking a shot at it. We are calling each other "bf/gf".

We both had plans made for this weekend, so were gonna go on our first date the weekend after.

:)

That is moving on super fast! I hope your first meet goes well and that the chemistry translates in real life. It would be quite a nice story to tell others of how you two met :)

forksandspoons

Girls (or guys, but mainly girls...)

First date tips?

She mentioned that she likes shopping, and that her favorite restaurant is Champs, which happens to be next to one of the biggest malls in America. I was thinking of taking her there. Also, she mentioned that she likes pandas. I thought I would buy her a little panda bear stuffed animal, wrap it, and give it to her. Would that be coming on too strong?

She also like go carts and scary movies, but I was thinking mall/restaurant would be better for a first date.

First date tips?

She mentioned that she likes shopping, and that her favorite restaurant is Champs, which happens to be next to one of the biggest malls in America. I was thinking of taking her there. Also, she mentioned that she likes pandas. I thought I would buy her a little panda bear stuffed animal, wrap it, and give it to her. Would that be coming on too strong?

She also like go carts and scary movies, but I was thinking mall/restaurant would be better for a first date.

That sounds very sweet and thoughtful. Trust your instincts :) they sound right to me

Thelema

First date tips?

Stuffed animals might be a little much for a first date.

forksandspoons

Yea I dunno. Didnt wanna get anything flashy. Just a panda less than 10$ to show that I listen to her and remember what she says.

Its not like she went on and on about pandas. She just mentioned it briefly.

Yea I dunno. Didnt wanna get anything flashy. Just a panda less than 10$ to show that I listen to her and remember what she says.

Its not like she went on and on about pandas. She just mentioned it briefly.

I think its very thoughtful. Hmm yea and remember shes the one who called you back, that was gutsy so a little out on a limb with a stuffed panda kinda levels the field...plus were not talking about a really elaborate gift here, its just a sweet quirky gesture to show u listen i see no fall out potential. I cant see it being misinterpreted....especially when it was she who called back, ball in your court I say go for it

-lonestar-

I wish I could talk long enough to do that, people with our troubles have it difficult with finding love. I hope it goes well.

Thelema

I think its very thoughtful. Hmm yea and remember shes the one who called you back, that was gutsy so a little out on a limb with a stuffed panda kinda levels the field...plus were not talking about a really elaborate gift here, its just a sweet quirky gesture to show u listen i see no fall out potential. I cant see it being misinterpreted....especially when it was she who called back, ball in your court I say go for it

But it might seem weird that before a first date you think the guy went all around town trying to find you a stuffed panda because of something you briefly mentioned in a conversation.

I'd hold gifts off for a while. You don't need gifts to make a good impression and it could be taken to mean you're desperate to impress.

Last edited:

agoraphobickatie

i definitely agree with Jewel!

the panda idea sounds cute and fun.. not some crazy huge stuffed animal, but like you said, something small, more like a gesture... i mean, your story is already cute and romantic, why not keep it up? ;) lol.. and jewel is right, this girl is the one who called back, maybe she's a hopeless romantic herself, i'm sure she'd adore the little panda gesture :)

also.. if she loves shopping and that restaurant, you just can't go wrong with your date idea! if it's one of the biggest malls in america, i'm sure y'all can just spend time walking around, talking, pointing out things you see and whatnot.. seems like a good, easy, relaxed first date.. a no pressure kind of thing, ya know?

best wishes to you! let us know how it goes, k? just trust your instincts and be yourself!!

But it might seem weird that before a first date you think the guy went all around town trying to find you a stuffed panda because of something you briefly mentioned in a conversation.

I'd hold gifts off for a while. You don't need gifts to make a good impression and it could be taken to mean you're desperate to impress.

Hehe nope I mean Id been thinkin 'hells yea, he's makin the effort same as me. Good, were on the same page he gets me' and Id chuckle about it and be quite pleased.

Its different for different ppl but kinda sounds like she would get it.

If you're at all worried get the crappiest panda you can find haha but I dont think its the stuffed animal thats the poibt, its symbolic that u lusten yea Id be chuffed.

But trust your instincts :)
And katie, totally agree over the date idea! It completely works

forksandspoons

Well, I was going to do the panda thing regardless. I just wanted to update this story, I just formed it in a question.

We connect so well I am certain she will like it. She will know it is meant to be cheesy, fun, and thoughtful.

We connect well on social values, beliefs, and a sense of what is important in life. We have some interests in common, and some wildly different. The wildly different is the most exciting. I cant wait to see one of her ballet recitals, and she said she would go to nba games with me.

I would love to post a pic of each of us. Were gonna be such a damn cute couple. However, I won't out of respect to her.

I dont believe in fate, but this is it. This might sound weird, or untrue, but this is a true story. About 2 months ago, I got on and Elton John kick, especially the song Tiny Dancer. I was feeling extra depressed, and his music really hit my mood. I wished I had my own "tiny dancer" to be with.

2 months later, a 5 foot girl who does ballet calls my number by mistake.

Also, her name, is Mikhaela. According to this site..

"Additional info: Feminine form of Mikhael, the Hebrew form of Michael."

My name is Michael.

Im seriously living the life of a cheesy romantic comedy movie right now. I keep waiting to wake up and realize its all just a dream.

Last edited:
U

userremoved

Im seriously living the life of a cheesy romantic comedy movie right now. I keep waiting to wake up and realize its all just a dream.

It's so unbelievable I think I might be dreaming too lol. I dunno, I get the feeling opportunities pass us by more than we realize, it's just that you made a good impression instead of the regular social phobic response a lot of us guys do when in that situation.

Section_31

I agree with Jewel and Katie,

Girls know what girls like. You cant go wrong.

Ok, Jewel, Katie, ect, you guys are being hired as a panel board of advisers in this matter ;).

It sounds like everything is just falling into place for you on this, and these are the best kind of relationships, when it just happens. If i wasnt married id actually be a little jealous, lol. Good on you man. Keep posting. I think you are inspiring others here :).

DeadmanWalking

Well, I was going to do the panda thing regardless. I just wanted to update this story, I just formed it in a question.

We connect so well I am certain she will like it. She will know it is meant to be cheesy, fun, and thoughtful.

We connect well on social values, beliefs, and a sense of what is important in life. We have some interests in common, and some wildly different. The wildly different is the most exciting. I cant wait to see one of her ballet recitals, and she said she would go to nba games with me.

I would love to post a pic of each of us. Were gonna be such a damn cute couple. However, I won't out of respect to her.

I dont believe in fate, but this is it. This might sound weird, or untrue, but this is a true story. About 2 months ago, I got on and Elton John kick, especially the song Tiny Dancer. I was feeling extra depressed, and his music really hit my mood. I wished I had my own "tiny dancer" to be with.

2 months later, a 5 foot girl who does ballet calls my number by mistake.

Also, her name, is Mikhaela. According to this site..

"Additional info: Feminine form of Mikhael, the Hebrew form of Michael."

My name is Michael.

It's nice that you respect her privacy; that's an honorable trait that females love in a man! Anyway, you should be happy that this sounds like a cheesy romantic comedy! This means that the end result is guaranteed:D! Just take things one step at a time, talk to the ladies on this site and elsewhere (they should be able give up very good advice), and, most importantly, don't change! She's interested in the person who you are right now! Now go see this romantic comedy to the end!

agoraphobickatie

i definitely believe in fate, and this story definitely an inspiration to those who may not.. maybe love by fate still does exist? :) i truly hope things work out, and it sounds like you're on a great path!

MsBuzzkillington

Hello there! MsBuzzkillington here to swoop in and do what I do best. I think, I've been slacking on my job lately so I need to get some work done.

I think it's awesome that you found someone you get along so well with. It's always refreshing when you meet someone and things just click. It's also pretty romantic that it was an accidental wrong number and things turned out so well. Although that sound pretty weird. I don't know why she would call you back to tell you not to save her number. Isn't that kind of... normal if someone calls the wrong number? It's not like...

Her: Is Melissa there?
You: No Sorry, wrong number.
Her: okay sorry.
You: *saves phone number from random stranger I've never spoken to before and I have no idea who they are*

Either she thought your voice sounded cute and wanted an excuse to call you back and start up a conversation or there's more to how she got your number than just a random wrong number. But, I can't really say for sure... the whole story from her end just sounds really weird.

Secondly, slow down. dear god. Slow down.

You haven't met her yet. You guys have only been talking... one week or so? You're already boyfriend and girlfriend and you're already thinking she is your soul mate?

I am happy for you that you found someone that makes you feel excited and happy. But I can't be the only one who thinks that you are moving insanely too fast and you are setting yourself up for potential heartbreak. I am not saying that it's impossible that she is the one, I just think that you have to be realistic about the situation and realize that even if you click really well now doesn't mean it will last. The first few weeks of talking are always the best.

Don't give her the panda. I hope you haven't already. That's... creepy. A panda would be a cute gift for your 4th or 5th date, for a month anniversary or whatever, but not the first date.

forksandspoons

I appreciate the concern buzzkill. I know how it all sounds.

She was with some friends when she called. They intended to call a friend of theirs, whose number is only a number away from mine. They were just messing around when she called back, as was I. We joked around, in a flirty kind of way. She called back after they left, and we talked for a while. It all happened so fast, I didn't even realize how deep in conversation we had gone.

I was actually unable to talk to her for a few days. I ran out of minutes lol. This was a good thing though. If it was just some cheesy spur of the moment romance, she would have been out of my system. However, I thought about her all the time. I was, and am constantly bored with everything I do without her.

When I was able to talk to her again, before I said anything like that, she said something similar. She definitely missed me as much as I missed her.

Anyway, we finally got to meet. We didn't go out, I just went over to her house (pandaless). We talked for a while, played call of duty, and foosball. We had a great time, and we are gonna go out somewhere this week.

Shes great, Im a lucky guy.

Thelema

I appreciate the concern buzzkill. I know how it all sounds.

She was with some friends when she called. They intended to call a friend of theirs, whose number is only a number away from mine. They were just messing around when she called back, as was I. We joked around, in a flirty kind of way. She called back after they left, and we talked for a while. It all happened so fast, I didn't even realize how deep in conversation we had gone.

I was actually unable to talk to her for a few days. I ran out of minutes lol. This was a good thing though. If it was just some cheesy spur of the moment romance, she would have been out of my system. However, I thought about her all the time. I was, and am constantly bored with everything I do without her.

When I was able to talk to her again, before I said anything like that, she said something similar. She definitely missed me as much as I missed her.

Anyway, we finally got to meet. We didn't go out, I just went over to her house (pandaless). We talked for a while, played call of duty, and foosball. We had a great time, and we are gonna go out somewhere this week.

Shes great, Im a lucky guy.

That's awesome. Going over to her place is better than going out.