[Poll] Relationship Status

Relationship Status

• Total voters

ilmatross

I guess I'll have to say "Single & Not Looking." Not actively looking, anyway. It's not that I don't want a boyfriend. It would be nice. I'm pretty lonely and I could use some affection. But I'm not going out of my way to find someone either. My life isn't really going anywhere right now and I'm not very happy with myself so I don't think I'm in much of a position to be dating. I don't think I'm very appealing in my current state. I'm not ruling anything out if the right opportunity should come up, however. I certainly don't expect it though.

sometimes another person is all you need

when i was in a relationship for 1.5 years my SA almost completely dissolved (and i have the worst possible SA)

its back in full now though im single

awkwardamanda

when i was in a relationship for 1.5 years my SA almost completely dissolved (and i have the worst possible SA)

Yeah, I've considered that too, that if by some off chance I were to find a boyfriend, it might put me in a better frame of mind to deal with my other problems. But that's unlikely to happen anyway. It's lose-lose. I probably need someone who has issues too.

EscapeArtist

Hmm I don't know man. I don't think that was healing SA but stuffing SA away temporarily, if it comes back right after they leave, it's dependency on that person, which is not healthy either.

HeadFace

Well, single again, as of a few days ago.
Not exactly looking now... As I'd like a while to myself, without having to worry about anyone else.

Interzone

Yeah, I've considered that too, that if by some off chance I were to find a boyfriend, it might put me in a better frame of mind to deal with my other problems. But that's unlikely to happen anyway. It's lose-lose. I probably need someone who has issues too.

Yeah, I agree with Ross, I feel the same way. And I also agree you with, Amanda, but of course...

Desiring something and actually being able to get it are two totally different ballgames.

wheredoigo

I've been there and the answer to this is helping yourself. Honestly, another person can only help you but so much. It has to come from within. Thats a very common misconception. The more you help yourself on yur own, is the healthier your relationships will be, and the less you have to depend on anyone else. Not coming at you on a personal level awkwaramanda, but you made a point.:)

hoddesdon

Complicated.

Internet or long-distance relationship which has lasted some time, partly because I have a medical problem that makes travelling to the other side of the world difficult. I made a similar long trip and the problem reared its head. When I told her I expected that news to bring the whole thing to an end. So I dropped out of sight but was pursued. Her astrological chart says that when she decides on someone she will pursue that person relentlessly.

So far as she is concerned we are getting married when (if?) I actually manage to appear in person. She is blonde and quite attractive. Also a nice person. We fit with each others' world-views. When I posted my desktop on the desktop thread coyote wanted to know who she is.

Actually, I have other Internet options as well.

I am not sure why I felt like posting that.