[Poll] Relationship Status

Relationship Status

• Total voters

fitftw

seriously thinking about marrying a visitor from Poland so she can get her citizenship. She wants to live here and doesn't want to go back and she's a really nice girl. I think it would be doing a great deed to marry her. Even if she wants a divorce down the road.

Aussie_Lad

Not sure if I am single and looking or single and not looking. I am not actively looking, but then if something happened to come my way, I would reach out and grab it without blinking an eye.

Single. Not looking. Probably not open to possibility (as got the "love-shy" thing)

I just don't feel that one of the "others" (a "normal" woman) would be suited to me AT ALL. I suspect she may need to have a few serious psychological issues, as i do. If she did, and we seem compats/etc, then MAYBE then we'd be "good-to-go" ... but then again PROBABLY NOT (i'd find other excuses, eg 'she has TOO MANY issues!'; the love-shyness expects ABSOLUTE PERFECTION in "credentials", such as insisting upon the ideal amount/level of "issues" that i would like her to have)

Basically, these are the main hurdles as i see it:
  • My general state of mental confusion/indecision/etc
  • SA/AvPD (do not go anywhere, so don't meet people)
  • Love-shyness (unrealistic expectations)
  • Procrastination (maybe)
  • Fear of change (definately)
  • ...And all the usual problems: fear of rejection, etc, etc
And the area of life these problems are affecting is "people & relationships"

Last edited:

KiaKaha

Banned
I was single and not looking..but who am i kidding, really I am single and looking... I dont care anymore if it sounds pathetic... I am sad and lonely and desperate for love... I need validation from the opposite sex to feel OK. Infact as of right now, my entire happiness is completely dependent on being in an intimate relationship with someone... not to mention I havent had sex in nearly a year

ladies...call me..

anxiety1408

I would like to think im single and not looking, but deep down I know im single and looking, Being in a relationship is so much better than being single! But then theres all that about when you stop looking then it will hit you one day, lol its funny cos what its saying is you dont actually have to do anything yet we try and that is why we fail.

LazyHermitCrab

single and looking automatically with some complication.. it sucks being single with the holidays coming up, but it's better than being in crappy relationship :)

Forgotten-Children

I have a boyfriend but we found eachother completely by chance. Had he not seen my username on another site, I would probably have never had a boyfriend. I have a little better self-confindence because of my boyfriend but I'm still a bit... meh.

awkwardamanda

I guess I'll have to say "Single & Not Looking." Not actively looking, anyway. It's not that I don't want a boyfriend. It would be nice. I'm pretty lonely and I could use some affection. But I'm not going out of my way to find someone either. My life isn't really going anywhere right now and I'm not very happy with myself so I don't think I'm in much of a position to be dating. I don't think I'm very appealing in my current state. I'm not ruling anything out if the right opportunity should come up, however. I certainly don't expect it though.

Acegame

I'm single but i dont feel very lonely actually. In some way i don't even want a girlfriend because of the new social situations i will have to face which i'm anxious about. Also i would feel forced making something of my life because of her and i dont like that feeling (allthough some pressure would be good for me). But that is probably my SA talking. On the other hand i never had a girlfriend before and it would give me a big confidence boost.

Its so hard to find a girlfriend if in one way you really dont want it. But the same counts for a carreer and all kind of other things....