[Poll] Relationship Status

Relationship Status

• Total voters

Elad

Banned
But the others are not exactly like us. If you focus too much on the others, then you might start to wish you were like them... And that is not good, because we aren't all the same, and each of us is unique. Also, if you think your value must depend on someone else, then you might end up wanting that person to love you. That usually leads to unhealthy and obsessive relationships, where people obsess over someone who can't love them back. Just food for thought, again. :)

I think making a distinction between "us" and "others" due your anxiety is backwards thinking, chances are you're not as different to people who arnt diagnosed as you think. Anxiety disorder or not we're all unique and being able to love someone else is a step in the right direction as long as its reciprocated, so it shouldnt turn into infatuation which you described in your last sentence.

Ignace

Single & Looking: This means I'm open for a relationship, I doubt it I would take action to a girl.::eek::

sevenroses

Wow I'm surprised there are a lot of single not looking hehe. Makes me kinda feel good that I'm not the only one hehe.

Taken. I had pretty much given up on it all together, but success is in a small surprising corner I guess. ;P

It's not a picture-perfect dream relationship, but as in any other relationship we make due. :3

Last edited:

Ritta

I've read most of the posts and I have to agree with a few people. I'm single, but not looking at the moment. I know I'll probably never get rid of my anxiety, but the main reason I'm afraid of dating at the moment is because I have very low self esteem. I'm way too insecure and I put myself down a lot. That would ruin any type of relationship I might have with someone.

Whenever I feel ready, the person I'd like to date is someone with similar interests, who has dealt with depression or anxiety or something like that and has beat them or managed to control them. The reason I say this is because someone "normal" would never understand what I go through every day; however, meeting someone who has overcome it, would motivate me to do the same. :)

minnow

Single and not looking. I am young and not partial to sharing right now but of course i am messed up... i am an only child:D

coyote

I was single and not looking for the past few years, but I think I am now single and open to something if it comes along.
Although I won't count on it, I am 38 which means I am practically past my used by date!!::p:::eek::haha

Pfff - you're just now aging to perfection!

Eam

I chose single and not looking. I would jump at the chance if the right person came along but I'm not actively searching.

I have too many other problems that take priority in resolving at the moment, including shattered self esteem and confidence.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Single and not looking. I don't even know how I would go about that if I wanted to...