Post your picture thread

Pookah

Ouch. I hope it was a badass injury. From fighting off a group of rabid mountain lions or something.

I think my last story was that I flew off a curb and wrenched it whilst chasing a stealer of candy from babies/pusher of old women into traffic.

Awwwww :'( that must hurt. Hope you get better lovey.

Thank you, yer so pretty btw!

Eek! :eek: That really does look painful. ::(:

Of course, if you need someone to rub a soothing balm into your wounds, my hands are at your disposal. ;)

*hands you the lidocaine aloe gel*

At first I'll probably try to hit you when it burns then become more friendly when the pain relief kicks in. ::p:

coyote

I fractured my foot about 2 weeks ago. And I think the crutches are the worst part of the injury, lol.

My arms aren't that strong so I think I rely to much on leaning on the top rests against my underarm/ribs. Its kinda of a combo friction burn and bruise.

you should get a Segway

Tiercel

Sorry to hear about your injury, Pookah. I know what it's like to learn just how often one uses a foot, so I can sympathize with you. And I hope you stop rubbing your back/sides before there's nothing left to rub away. ::p:

Also, if you have a chair with sturdy-enough arms you can do something about your not-so-sturdy arms. Just grab on and lift your rump off the seat a few times. As they get easier, start doing sets (like when waiting for the next area to load in a game, for instance). If even that's too much for you, cheat a little bit. Just make sure you use your good foot. ;)

you should get a Segway

I worked at a summer camp several years ago. Part of my job was watching kids ride one of those. They're amazing things, but they do have a few drawbacks:

a) The camp owner said he paid about $5k for it. That was in '03, but it gives you a rough idea of the cost.
b) You have to stand on it. And since it senses your weight and balances you according to the weight on your feet, it might be slightly difficult to ride (drive?) one with a fractured foot.
c) It balances you! It seems like a fairly simple and obvious thing to say, but you need to overcome your reflex to balance yourself and put your faith in the machine. If you try to balance yourself and no one's steadying it for you, you'll probably fall off. Once you get the hang of it, it's easier than riding a bike. But hopping on for the first time can be rather exciting.
d) They have weight limits, thus limiting their use as transportation for the morbidly obese. I keep thinking if they could make one with a seat that could handle a lot more weight, they could sell them as medical devices. Sort of like nifty, futuristic wheelchairs. Except when the battery runs out and it shuts itself off....

Having said all that, zipping along at 12.5 mph (20 km/h) without doing anything is pretty fun. And looking at their site, I see they've doubled the range since I've been on one. Though the one I rode had 3 speeds, not two. And apparently the handlebar moves now, too. When I was on one, there was a ring on one of the handles that you had to turn to steer: turn it too fast, and you'd fall off.

Kathryn.fr

Had a really ***tty day, dad pretty much knocked me down with a battle axe, been crying all day cuz of him but I feel a bit better.

20kw5fr.jpg

Niiña

In the first one my hair's only a couple inches longer than it is in that picture...and I look freakishly like my mom in that specific one when she was my age, her hair was just as long except she's a redhead. I also can't read captchas on image hosting sites, ever
2f037lz.jpg

28tdddt.jpg

Wow your hair....
I want hair like yours

N0D

Banned
Not sure I ever posted a pic of me with straight hair here... since these days I rarely have it straight ever since I figured out how to make it curly easily and without damaging my hair! (and it just randomly started doing that, too....)

photo31qn.jpg

photo35p.jpg

my day just got a lot better! :D

Not sure I ever posted a pic of me with straight hair here... since these days I rarely have it straight ever since I figured out how to make it curly easily and without damaging my hair! (and it just randomly started doing that, too....)

photo31qn.jpg

photo35p.jpg

*whistles at beat from across the room*
Pprreeetttaaayyy