Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

hidwell

oooh that sounds like fun Mikey:perfect: Is he an older or younger brother?

You are lucky to get on well with your brother, my sister and I get on like fingernails sliding down a chalkboard :thumbdown:

That sounds like me and my sister. :sad:

KiaKaha

Banned
Younger but destined for more greatness than I'll ever achieve.

I predict that you will be a male model on romance novels.
That is quite an achievement I reckons.

harlequin.jpg

MikeyC

Does it make you feel sad when you see other siblings get on like best friends? It almost brings me to tears.:sad:
Aw, that's no good. I hope you and your sister can patch things up and become friends again.

Hey, don't say that! You have no idea what great things you may achieve in your life yet Mikey.:thumbup:
You're right. :) He's just the brains of the family, while I'm the body hair of the family! Haha. I do want to see him succeed.

I often wonder - What initially made the natural laws as they are. Why does gravity pull, why does light react the way it does, why does time react to mass the way it does? Logic dictates there shouldn't be anything in existence at all without something setting it off- or without something simply being there for that matter. There shouldn't have been anything at all. But there is. But there shouldn't. But there is..

Ow, my head. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it.

Starry

I must admit to finding it bemusing and slightly amusing that so many people believe they are free when they are in fact slaves... Whether they be slaves to a job in order to earn money to feed themselves, or slaves to consumerism, slaves to fashion, slaves to expectations... All dreamed up by "society", of course. We're all controlled and manipulated on a daily basis, some more than others, and the vast majority of us are anything but "free".

Last edited:

Phoenixx

^ That is what it always feels like. :rolleyes::giggle:

I just spent about 2 hours or more chatting and having pizza with my brother. I loved it. Why can't that happen more often?
^ That's awesome. Glad you had fun! :]

You are lucky to get on well with your brother, my sister and I get on like fingernails sliding down a chalkboard :thumbdown:
^ My brother and I are the same way. We never get along, we're so incredibly different. And yes, it completely blows my mind and makes me sad seeing other siblings act like best friends. I seriously wonder how that's even possible.

MikeyC

^ My brother and I are the same way. We never get along, we're so incredibly different. And yes, it completely blows my mind and makes me sad seeing other siblings act like best friends. I seriously wonder how that's even possible.
It is entirely possible. My brother and I do get along, even if it's not always smooth. Getting along with parents is more foreign to me.

I must admit to finding it bemusing and slightly amusing that so many people believe they are free when they are in fact slaves... Whether they be slaves to a job in order to earn money to feed themselves, or slaves to consumerism, slaves to fashion, slaves to expectations... All dreamed up by "society", of course. We're all controlled and manipulated on a daily basis, some more than others, and the vast majority of us are anything but "free".

We're all dependent on things. Oxygen, water, warmth and nutrition being the main ones for most us mammals. I guess as such we're all slaves to our own maintenance and survival.

The only thing that changes is how we obtain those tools for maintenance. Oxygen is free, warmth is free-ish depending on where you live, that leaves food and drink which are not free. And that right there is the bottle neck of modern living. At first we traded services directly, or for material/practical valuables. And the value of these items were quite loose. It was a organic system if you will.

But then they came up with money. And money, when you think about it, is nothing but a coupon. A universally spendable coupon. It's really rather lazy when think about it. And people tend to forget- or even not know, that. And it's so intertwined with life now that you'd almost forget that it's a unnatural human invention. A system that is so machine like and anal that if you're a few increments short in amount, services won't be provided any more. Try getting a carton of milk when you're mere cents short, chances are high you won't be able to buy the milk at all.

Everything is about obtaining the exact right amount of money (or more), without any flexibility or sway to it. It's a very unnatural and inorganic system, that is incidentally also one of the most important ones in modern life.

That's without even mentioning all the permits you need for essentially natural things. There's no such thing as uninhabited freedom, there is however choice in the matter. Natural and organic systems (off the grid, dangerous but independent (mostly)), or precise and inflexible systems (Easy relatively, but with tons and tons of restrictions and conditions).

I'd prefer the natural and organic systems myself, but those unfortunately not available to me. Which is another subject that grinds my gears. But I'll spare you that one..

Last edited: