Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

hoddesdon

Me too :)

Anyone on here who is nice (and relatively normal :p) and we've talked a bit, I usually don't have a problem adding if anyone wants to. But that's if they're comfortable with that of course.

That must mean that I am relatively normal. Thanks! (I think :question:)

ForWantOf

First, you don't exist. Next, you're born, and you live your life. Then, you die, and you go back to not existing. So life is just an interruption from not existing.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Do you just "play" with it then?. I'm always playing with some hair, whether its facial, neck, or eyebrow. The more stresed i am, the worse it is (so is quite a good indicator of stress level imho). And it only goes away when the stress does. Usually having a good nutritious meal does the trick, but not always. Sometimes the stressor is not as easy to remove (like with the "lack of food" stressor above). In which case you have to put up with it for hours on end (but at the computer it doesn't usually affect things very much at all, if its only minor)

Yeah, I just play with it. I don't do it at all if I'm outside. It gets worse when I'm in my room, especially if there's nothing to do and the mind wanders.

gazelle

I've been spending less time on the computer, and the results have been tangible.
Computer fasts are a great way to detox!

I've been spending less time on the computer, and the results have been tangible.
Computer fasts are a great way to detox!

Amazing how making a conscious effort to stay away from the computer can really benefit you, isn't it? I don't think we always realize how greatly too much Internet time can clutter our minds and skew our priorities.

The impact can be far-reaching, even causing depression and disrupting sleep cycles, among other things, according to what I've read. There are actually cyber addiction treatment centers... which I think is a bit silly, but if they help to get people off their butts/devices, cool.

I wonder what the average percentage of a person's day is spent checking/replying on social networks, email, forums, etc.?

hoddesdon

The same thing happens when clicking the "find all posts" link i.e. whenever there is a search with my username as the search term. Is someone trying to tell me something?

gazelle

Amazing how making a conscious effort to stay away from the computer can really benefit you, isn't it? I don't think we always realize how greatly too much Internet time can clutter our minds and skew our priorities.

The impact can be far-reaching, even causing depression and disrupting sleep cycles, among other things, according to what I've read. There are actually cyber addiction treatment centers... which I think is a bit silly, but if they help to get people off their butts/devices, cool.

I wonder what the average percentage of a person's day is spent checking/replying on social networks, email, forums, etc.?

Yes true…. I’ve found staying away from the computer to be very effective in restoring my energy levels.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I have not had to cook for myself in over 2 weeks. Working at a restaurant certainly has it's advantages :D

dottie

i need to put my desk back in here so that i actually get work done. it's not happening from bed. think i might get this instead to save on space:

VITTSJÖ Laptop table - IKEA

vittsjo-laptop-table__0184633_PE315322_S4.JPG

jaim38

^Nice desk.

I had a canker sore for 3-4 days already and I finally had enough. So today I decided to kill it with some salt. Now my gum is swelling, but it will subside.

coyote

i need to put my desk back in here so that i actually get work done. it's not happening from bed. think i might get this instead to save on space:...

cool desk - i need something like that

sadly, the closest IKEA is about 250 miles from here

for now, i'm using the top of my kitchen bar/room divider thingie

dottie

^ ah that would be a bummer to be without an ikea. have you ever been in one? it's too bad they don't sell online but i guess the cost of shipping becomes problematic as it would probably outweigh the cost of the item.

Phoenixx

i need to put my desk back in here so that i actually get work done. it's not happening from bed. think i might get this instead to save on space:

VITTSJÖ Laptop table - IKEA

vittsjo-laptop-table__0184633_PE315322_S4.JPG
^ Awesome desk! :thumbup: I looooove IKEA, ever since my cousin took me over the summer. I so wish there was one near me. Sadly, like coyote, the closest IKEA is about 250 miles away too. :sad:

That might be a good thing though. I could easily spend all my money there.