Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MollyBeGood

Thanks Kiwong and Coyote. :) I think she does it b/c she is lonely...the more noise the less you feel a void. I am so glad she doesn't have a radio on all the time I have heard some older people do that 24/7 -the police scanner is a real doosey! People get really attached to those radios.

For some reason I never thought to Google the names of any of my professors. I know they often have academic work published, and I think it would be interesting to read it sometimes. Academic is one thing, but I searched the name of the professor of my favorite class and I found he has a blog of photography with little snippets of personal writing. I'm sure he's aware his students can view it, but it feels almost creepy or invasive to be reading it. It's not inappropriate stuff obviously, but some of it had emotional content that was obviously personal for him. Hrm.

MikeyC

About 4 hours drive north of Newcastle, MikeyC. I don't drive to Sydney much at all anyone, it's a long, long, drag.
Yeah, you were right. It is a long drag from Coffs! Luckily from my location it takes only about 1.5 hours to get to the CBD.

staying at my old house I grew up in with my mom for a few weeks and wow she is so noisy-slamming doors, chatting with the cat, constant noise. I had no idea how lucky I was to be away from constant noise. Me wonders why some people in general are so noisy, not just talking but making noises...or am I just super-sensitive?? probably.
Some people don't like silence.

Trishanku

That's my problem too. I used to say hi to some poeple but never did it again. I could break the ice but only temporarily. The wall of ice comes back afterwards.

Yeah I know. breaking the Ice temporarily sounds good to me. May be we could work on the wall from there. May be I'll work on saying hello to my neighbor and later have a little conversation and later may be just a smile would be enough to completely melt any such walls from coming back. I think smiles can do wonders :)

Kiwong

Some say it is courageous to speak openly about depression, but wouldn't anyone want to scream loudly for someone to hear, when you're being chased by a dirty creature, threatening to destroy you, that no one else can see?

Phoenixx

I really need to stop playing Candy Crush Saga. The more I play and don't progress the more irritable I get. :rolleyes:

MikeyC

Not sure if this is making news overseas, but Sydney is hosting an International Fleet Review, and tomorrow my brother and I might be going up to Sydney to check it out. Apparently there's going to be a lot of people in Sydney - over a million in the city itself at any one time - plus road closures and marches and all that stuff, so we'll have to take a dingy train. :thumbdown:

However, it could be a good day out hanging out with my favourite person, so I'm keen. Plus we can go on some tall ships and take a few photos. :)

hidwell

Not sure if this is making news overseas, but Sydney is hosting an International Fleet Review, and tomorrow my brother and I might be going up to Sydney to check it out. Apparently there's going to be a lot of people in Sydney - over a million in the city itself at any one time - plus road closures and marches and all that stuff, so we'll have to take a dingy train. :thumbdown:

However, it could be a good day out hanging out with my favourite person, so I'm keen. Plus we can go on some tall ships and take a few photos. :)

They (the tall ships) were in Hobart last week.

hidwell

Oh, I didn't know that! Did you go see them?

Yes I went into Hobart and had a look at them beautiful old ships and saw some brave lady at the top of the crows nest.

4972472-16x9-700x394.jpg

jaim38

sad.. no one skyped me lol

Maybe people are just weary chatting with strangers on skype. I had some bad experiences.

Is this some competition to find the best ship in the world? Never heard of it until you mentioned it.

MikeyC

Is this some competition to find the best ship in the world? Never heard of it until you mentioned it.
Haha, no, it's to commemorate 100 years of the Australian Navy, I believe, and other countries were invited to bring a ship or two over. Countries from Canada to Nigeria have a ship!

Kiwong

Some of the trains aren't too bad. The Waratah trains are OK. Tangaras and some of the older silver rattlers are a bit parlous. Weekends and outside peak hour you can usually get a seat.

Have fun anyway.

Just started watching the first season of Mad Men today. It's so good. It's rich and complex and intriguing, and the sets are gorgeous (and of course, so are some of the men and women ;) ). I think it's my new obsession.

Kiwong

We waste so many days waiting for weekend. So many nights wanting morning. Our lust for future comfort is the biggest thief of life.
>here>

Yep, for a long time I lived my life counting the days, hours, weeks wanting to be somewhere else. Now my life is running out.