Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Odo

Banned
I was all ready to go to a club to watch some strippers, and I just found out they are not performing. I already have my jeans and shoes on, and I was all ready to go. Now that they're not performing, I am still keyed up to go out somewhere.

Maybe I should, even though I have to work early tomorrow morning and seeing couples out on a Saturday could trigger my loneliness. But it might be fun. Hmm, choices. :)

/firstworldproblems ::p:

I was dragged to a strip club once... I found it really depressing. The girl hung her head and didn't make eye contact with anyone, and I felt so sorry for her, even though I guess she chose to be there and was probably making a killing.

jaim38

My mom and I were discussing this famous guy who got married. I said I already saw the news online. She then asked me uncomfortable questions about the lucky lady such as "is she tall?" "is she pretty?" I already told her they looked compatible, but I tried to answer positively to get it over with quickly. I'm also not good at praising others (i.e. faking happiness for others and getting rid of my jealousy, envy, etc), which is what I need to work on. When I talk about the lucky lady who had a college degree from an Ivy League college, is pretty, kinda tall, and seems financially independent, I kinda feel like a loser in comparison. Even my voice sounds unconfident. But, I always remembered what my dad told me, "Some people like to praise others a lot, make them feel good about themselves, and that's part of good social skills." I think this is how you make friends in society. I will work on my praising skills.

Ithior

My mom and I were discussing this famous guy who got married. I said I already saw the news online. She then asked me uncomfortable questions about the lucky lady such as "is she tall?" "is she pretty?" I already told her they looked compatible, but I tried to answer positively to get it over with quickly. I'm also not good at praising others (i.e. faking happiness for others and getting rid of my jealousy, envy, etc), which is what I need to work on. When I talk about the lucky lady who had a college degree from an Ivy League college, is pretty, kinda tall, and seems financially independent, I kinda feel like a loser in comparison. Even my voice sounds unconfident. But, I always remembered what my dad told me, "Some people like to praise others a lot, make them feel good about themselves, and that's part of good social skills." I think this is how you make friends in society. I will work on my praising skills.

That reminded me, I hate when my parents ask if some girl is pretty. I feel that if I say yes, they'll think I like her; if I say no, they'll think I'm gay. Not that I have something against gay people, it's just that I don't want to be seen as something I'm not.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
That reminded me, I hate when my parents ask if some girl is pretty. I feel that if I say yes, they'll think I like her; if I say no, they'll think I'm gay. Not that I have something against gay people, it's just that I don't want to be seen as something I'm not.

Ah use to get that from family, as well. Gets annoyin', doesn't it? Well, it does after awhile. But ah get where yer comin' from.

It's the whole "like", as in, "finds attractive" thing, isn't it?

quietjosj

Random Post - I feel horrible and empty like I have no one I can talk too that will fully understand me my mind is all cloudy I cant form sentences. Im so paranoid about everything around me and I dont feel confident about how I look and I just feel arghh I donno... sorry if I sound abit weird.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

SilentBird

I feel horrible and empty like I have no one I can talk too that will fully understand me my mind is all cloudy I cant form sentences. Im so paranoid about everything around me and I dont feel confident about how I look and I just feel arghh I donno...

That describes how I often feel. I sometimes confide in others, and I am learning that the way others see me is different than the way I see myself. A lot of people see me in a more complimentary way.

quietjosj

Most people see me in a bad light everyone looks at me weird and I cnt confide in anyone because no one understands properly I treat everyone how you would treat your neighbour.

JuiceB

Random Post - I feel horrible and empty like I have no one I can talk too that will fully understand me my mind is all cloudy I cant form sentences. Im so paranoid about everything around me and I dont feel confident about how I look and I just feel arghh I donno... sorry if I sound abit weird.

Nothing about that sounds weird. It's all too familiar for many of us. I live with family and yet I am alone with no one to talk too. Family don't feel like family anymore.

quietjosj

Hmmm same sort of theres kids my age having the time of there life socializing messing about etc wereas im just workong and studying and its not good enough half the time for them and I get shouted at and treated like crap go home from a late night too get barely 8 houra sleep too the aame thing all over again I just want too cry half the time like im voiceless I have no one who will understand

MikeyC

December 1st - first day of summer, and a solemn reminder that I haven't gotten any Christmas presents yet. :eek:mg:

I was dragged to a strip club once... I found it really depressing. The girl hung her head and didn't make eye contact with anyone, and I felt so sorry for her, even though I guess she chose to be there and was probably making a killing.
It's likely she didn't want to be there, but she would've made more money than I could make in a month.

dottie

my professor is a jackass. he has no idea how to administer a test. other students i have talked to have had the same problem with him... pretty much everyone. i feel like bringing it up to the department... but i have to take him again next semester.

last test i got an answer wrong that i know i was right... it was multiple choice (three answers were correct) but his test only allowed you to choose one. i called him on it, informing him that three answers are correct, copying and pasting directly from his text sentences that backed me up 100%. he said i was "wrong" and then threw down a subjective interpretation of why i was wrong... even though his text says in black and white that all three of those answers are correct.

this happens ALL. THE. TIME. i am about to complain to the department.

Kiwong

I used to hate multiple choice tests, Dottie, it didn't give me an opportunity to show what I knew about a subject. They were sometimes easy tests. How I performed at University was often directly related to the ability of the lecturer.

dottie

I used to hate multiple choice tests, Dottie, it didn't give me an opportunity to show what I knew about a subject. They were sometimes easy tests. How I performed at University was often directly related to the ability of the lecturer.

yeah, i guess it varies. usually i ace multiple choice but not from this guy. his koofer's review gives him a 2.5 (out of 5) and other students are saying "complete ****," "very hard professor," "true douchebag," "****," "do not take," ..sooooo it's not just me :giggle:

Kiwong

yeah, i guess it varies. usually i ace multiple choice but not from this guy. his koofer's review gives him a 2.5 (out of 5) and other students are saying "complete ****," "very hard professor," "true douchebag," "****," "do not take," ..sooooo it's not just me :giggle:

I remember once we had a new lecturer, who was hopeless, he'd replaced a lecturer who was on leave. Everyone usually did well in the course, but not that semester. It was the worst I ever did at Uni.