Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

It's likely she didn't want to be there, but she would've made more money than I could make in a month.

You could try to do a little dance at the police station and see whether it catches on. For all you know you've been sitting on a gold mine all this time..

Capsaicin

"Donut gawkers," as in the people who stand and gawk at the displays in high class bakeries, should be a hilarious new insult.

MikeyC

You could try to do a little dance at the police station and see whether it catches on. For all you know you've been sitting on a gold mine all this time..
Hmm, I get the feeling it won't catch on, although you never know, right? I don't think I have the body for it, anyway. ;)

"Donut gawkers," as in the people who stand and gawk at the displays in high class bakeries, should be a hilarious new insult.
Insult? What's wrong with drooling over delicious baked goods? :)

this_portrait

Most of the time, I get a little depressed that I don't have any friends. Then the holiday season comes around, and I feel a little glad that I don't.

JuiceB

Ah know, Christmas is great, innit? No, it's no' - it'sf**kin'shite! :thumbdown: (Well, that's ma feelin', anyway...)

Agreed. To show everyone the true meaning of Christmas I say that we (of us SA'ers) get together, get drunk, find the nearest Santa and kick his balls from under him.

Let the revolution begin!

GremlinsSanta.jpg

Btw this is my favorite Christmas movie.

..Dare I ask what it tasted like?

It was a half-sour pickle, so it's supposed to be a little tart and garlicky. But something was just off about it. It had some weird sourness to it that wasn't like its usual taste and I ate it anyway, only realizing afterward that the others had moldy-looking stuff on them :/ Oh, well, I survived! :p

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Agreed. To show everyone the true meaning of Christmas I say that we (of us SA'ers) get together, get drunk, find the nearest Santa and kick his balls from under him.

Eh, naw! If ah was drunk, ah wouldnae kick the nearest Santa in the baws (balls). Bein' Scottish, ah'd walk up tae Santa - ah say "walk", ah mean stumble. And ah'd yell, loudly: "Hi, ah know you! You owe me a new guitar, ya auld b**tard!" :giggle:Then ah'd pit the heid in 'em - headbutt him in other words. As y'know Scottish folk take the phrase "Use yer heid!" a wee bit too literally. :ironicsmile:

Let the revolution begin!

GremlinsSanta.jpg

Btw this is my favorite Christmas movie.

Gremlins - ah love that movie, too. :bigsmile:

MikeyC

I hate this time of year. Brings out the worse feelings in me.
It's a stressful time of year, for sure. Lots of people feel worse around Christmas, and I'm a bit of a Grinch myself. I don't really like it and my parents know about it.

The only good thing about this time of year for me is the warm (really hot) weather and the extended holidays I'll get from work. About two to three weeks in January.

Some days I wish I could take my body off and leave it somewhere and just float freely, a non-human entity simply existing in the world, no obligations, no pesky feelings except for a deep, warm peace. I feel trapped in the webs of anxiety in my mind and cornered by my need for deeper human connections and in theory it's as simple as JUST BE YOURSELF but those who say that don't know what it's like to simply be unable to, because your attempts to do so are followed by thoughts that you can't get rid of and insidious subtle-in-origin FEELINGS and no amount of rational thought can make a lasting dent in the primal, deeply ingrained, irrational world of emotions.

Graeme1988

The only good thing about this time of year for me is the warm (really hot) weather and the extended holidays I'll get from work. About two to three weeks in January.

Yer lucky... Hearin' that, makes me wish that ah didnae live in a country wi' such a shitty weather climate. Well, cannae afford tae emigrate to a warmer climate. Well, no' just yet, anyway... :ironicsmile:

MikeyC

Yer lucky... Hearin' that, makes me wish that ah didnae live in a country wi' such a shitty weather climate. Well, cannae afford tae emigrate to a warmer climate. Well, no' just yet, anyway... :ironicsmile:
Do you really want to emigrate to a place where it reaches 40C and sometimes more in summer? That's a big climatic step from Glasgow to Sydney!

I had a busy day, mostly good, but I have some kind of adware on my computer and I can't get rid of it. :sad:

Graeme1988

Do you really want to emigrate to a place where it reaches 40C and sometimes more in summer? That's a big climatic step from Glasgow to Sydney!

If it meant less dreary, miserable, rainy days... and workin' on ma tan. Then aye. Granted, ah'd moan aboot it, anaw. It being too warm n' that. Because Scottish folk can be a dour f**kin' bunch at times - except on the weekends. :ironicsmile:

I went to work for exactly forty minutes, and then I left. Most chores were already done, and people were having some fancy lunch, so I couldn't vacuum anywhere because it's a tiny building.

Wow. I told someone about Paul Walker's death, and his direct response was ''I didn't care for The Fast and the Furious, I didn't know him. x3''

I'm not a fan of those movies either, but I was frankly disgusted by his response. As though what content they brought out actually matters when someone dies in real life. Not really caring is one thing, but the least you can do is NOT USE a smiley that's used to express intensive glee/laughter for crying out loud.

No respect.