Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

All that glitters

^ I hope you can find a way to improve the air quality in your room, that can't be pleasant. The smell of smoke certainly can't help either, sorry you have to deal with that :( .

I'm being pretty random here but I just really love glitter and sparkly eye stuff. However, I hate getting that stuff in my eyes, especially when it somehow finds its way underneath my contact lenses. Such a pain, but at least I'm sparkly right? I also feel like I've been posting on here a bit too much lately too, it feels like it's 2008 on here for me again. I have quite a few random thoughts, I hope I'm not being annoying somehow. Just been bored and having a lot of random thoughts lately.

Ithior

Re: All that glitters

^ I hope you can find a way to improve the air quality in your room, that can't be pleasant. The smell of smoke certainly can't help either, sorry you have to deal with that :( .

Unfortunately my mum believes those air purifiers worsen the condition of people with my problems, just because "someone" told her that. The website I found that sells these says it is made for people with the exact same problems I have had as long as I can remember.
My mum said she wanted to see how those things worked because she didn't believe me, but thankfully the website explains how those machines purify the air.

All that glitters

Unfortunately my mum believes those air purifiers worsen the condition of people with my problems, just because "someone" told her that. The website I found that sells these says it is made for people with the exact same problems I have had as long as I can remember.
My mum said she wanted to see how those things worked because she didn't believe me, but thankfully the website explains how those machines purify the air.

Hm :/. Hopefully you can find a way to explain it to her. Doesn't make sense that an air purifier would worsen the condition, but being exposed to cigarette smoke won't? I don't really know much about this subject, but I think some others on here gave some good information. Good luck, I hope you can find a way to breathe better and improve the air quality.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member

I also feel like I've been posting on here a bit too much lately too, it feels like it's 2008 on here for me again. I have quite a few random thoughts, I hope I'm not being annoying somehow. Just been bored and having a lot of random thoughts lately.
Noooo! It's always good to hear from you. :)

And you should obviously post sparkly pics of yourself. :thumbup:

PS Tell whathisname hi assuming you guys are still cool. Haven't heard a peep from him lately.

Odo

Banned
Screen-Shot-2013-11-20-at-1.20.46-PM2.png

I cannot stop laughing.

nodejesque

^lol

I am trying to decide what to make myself for lunch. But I have no energy to cook and then wash everything.

I am also having these self deprecating thoughts. Reasonably, I know its probably just me being weird.. but there's that part of me, that is just obliterating the reason in me. So I am left with feelings of inadequacy and low esteem.

Ithior

Hm :/. Hopefully you can find a way to explain it to her. Doesn't make sense that an air purifier would worsen the condition, but being exposed to cigarette smoke won't? I don't really know much about this subject, but I think some others on here gave some good information. Good luck, I hope you can find a way to breathe better and improve the air quality.

Talked to her and she still wants me to go to the doctor. She doesn't understand that my problem is something along the lines of chronic sinusitis and that I have to deal with this every single day. I take a medicine for asthmatic people, though I don't have asthma myself. It doesn't make a difference if I take it everyday or once a week, but if I go over 2 weeks without it I might start having bigger problems at night like right now (I haven't taken it in 3 weeks because my mum forgot to get the prescription). She thinks taking this medicine completely heals me.

Anyway, I guess going to the doctor isn't a bad idea, at least she'll believe whatever he says. Let's just hope the guy knows what he's doing.

Ithior

For some reason internet tests always tell me I'm an incredibly relaxed person. I guess it says a lot about the quality of these quizzes.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I just had a talk with my neighbor who stays across the lot.

This is the guy who's the association president, the guy who deals with all the business of maintaining the complex where I live. This is the imposing guy who confronts trespassers, the guy who negotiates between waring tenants, the guy who works out all the business of hiring lawn maintenance, pest-control, and repairmen for our buildings. The guy I've ducked and avoided for the better part of seven years, because he seemed so confident and take-charge that he made me feel like a complete failure of a man in comparison... that guy, I learned today... has social phobia.

Mind=COMPLETELY, 100% blown.

PerseverareJasmine

I just had a talk with my neighbor who stays across the lot.

This is the guy who's the association president, the guy who deals with all the business of maintaining the complex where I live. This is the imposing guy who confronts trespassers, the guy who negotiates between waring tenants, the guy who works out all the business of hiring lawn maintenance, pest-control, and repairmen for our buildings. The guy I've ducked and avoided for the better part of seven years, because he seemed so confident and take-charge that he made me feel like a complete failure of a man in comparison... that guy, I learned today... has social phobia.

Mind=COMPLETELY, 100% blown.

Wow, that's interesting. People can be so surprising sometimes. I guess you can never really assume who may have social phobia or not.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Wow, that's interesting. People can be so surprising sometimes. I guess you can never really assume who may have social phobia or not.

Sounds like a new M.Night Shyamalan movie.

He's about 20 years older than me, and said that he started having trouble with it in the 1980's.

He just told me that he had a traumatic experience and that soon afterwards his symptoms began. Back then, he said people really didn't know anything about the condition, so he had to treat it himself by gradually exposing himself to difficult situations, and by constantly making a joke of his symptoms, to make light of the anxiety and to put people at ease.

He said he still has bad days at times though, and that there are certain places he could never go. The whole time we talked, you could tell he was tense, which in my brief interactions with him in the past, I always attributed to him just being kind of a macho type, like he was just stern or something, but I now realize is probably just the strain he feels from trying to keep his anxiety at bay.

I'm still stunned.

dottie

I had such a great night with my friend :)

I'm happy for you that you found a female friend. It's so difficult. Guys can just be guys and come and go, pick right back up again. Not a big deal. But for some reason female friends seem like some huge involved obligation. If life gets in the way, if you don't call, you begin to notice ambiguous posts on Facebook. Is she talking about me??? It takes too much energy dealing with females. I wish I didn't feel this way. (Kind of dealing with this now.)

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
But for some reason female friends seem like some huge involved obligation. If life gets in the way, if you don't call, you begin to notice ambiguous posts on Facebook. Is she talking about me??? It takes too much energy dealing with females. I wish I didn't feel this way.

I thought I was the only one feeling that way :p