Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I'm happy for you that you found a female friend. It's so difficult. Guys can just be guys and come and go, pick right back up again. Not a big deal. But for some reason female friends seem like some huge involved obligation. If life gets in the way, if you don't call, you begin to notice ambiguous posts on Facebook. Is she talking about me??? It takes too much energy dealing with females. I wish I didn't feel this way. (Kind of dealing with this now.)

I want female friends but I agree that it takes a lot of effort to maintain relationships with them. Still, in my opinion, and as someone I know put it, your girlfriends fill a space no man can fill. I really think that's true. I think it's important to have females you can relate to and that you can talk to about things you can't with men.

Maybe it's a matter of finding women who don't act the way you've described? I once had a best friend who never behaved that way. In fact, I really think she was as close to perfect as a person can get. Any problems we had were usually caused by me.

:applause: That's great something you were wishing for coming true.

Thank you :) It kind of feels surreal.

I want to die. What's the point of life anymore?

I'll refrain from the typical response because I know how little good it does, but I'm sorry you feel so bad. Assuming this is because of your SA, have you ever considered trying a group therapy program? I've heard it's one of the best ways to make progress with the disorder (I'm eager to participate in one myself). I don't know where you live, but if you have anything like that in your area, maybe it's worth checking out. At the very least, having a counselor to talk to can at least help you not feel quite so bad.

I hope you feel better.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
My step-grandmother (I hate assigning that title to her) died the day before yesterday.

She was a bad person who enjoyed starting fires between my mother and step-father's ex-wife. My step-father (again, another unfortunate title) did little to stop her, as it fed his PRODIGIOUS ego to have two women at-odds concerning him (note that they weren't battling for him, but his childish mind doubtlessly skewed it that way), relishing the drama, having his cake and eating it too, he pretended to be upset while not doing anything sincere to stop it. He just secretly soaked it all up. It made for a very contentious home, the tension from which doubtlessly contributed to my phobias and anxiety.

Anyway, she was a phony and a sneak, and now she's gone. I'll go through the motions at the funeral, then I'll pull my tie off and drive away, and that will be that.

PerseverareJasmine

Almost my whole body feels so sore. My stomach, my thighs, my calves, and my arms have been aching all day. I think I'll take a break from working out tomorrow.

coyote

I just had a talk with my neighbor who stays across the lot.

This is the guy who's the association president, the guy who deals with all the business of maintaining the complex where I live. This is the imposing guy who confronts trespassers, the guy who negotiates between waring tenants, the guy who works out all the business of hiring lawn maintenance, pest-control, and repairmen for our buildings. The guy I've ducked and avoided for the better part of seven years, because he seemed so confident and take-charge that he made me feel like a complete failure of a man in comparison... that guy, I learned today... has social phobia.

Mind=COMPLETELY, 100% blown.

He's about 20 years older than me, and said that he started having trouble with it in the 1980's.

He just told me that he had a traumatic experience and that soon afterwards his symptoms began. Back then, he said people really didn't know anything about the condition, so he had to treat it himself by gradually exposing himself to difficult situations, and by constantly making a joke of his symptoms, to make light of the anxiety and to put people at ease.

He said he still has bad days at times though, and that there are certain places he could never go. The whole time we talked, you could tell he was tense, which in my brief interactions with him in the past, I always attributed to him just being kind of a macho type, like he was just stern or something, but I now realize is probably just the strain he feels from trying to keep his anxiety at bay.

I'm still stunned.

i hope everyone reads this :thumbup:

Last edited:

JohnnAY

So tired, but can't sleep. Can't stop thinking about where my life could have been had I not contracted a chronic disease. I was healthy, happy, and had a rewarding job working with children. They always tell you to chase your dreams while you're still young; I understand that now more than ever.

I've never had insomniac before... It's amazing how dramatically your life can change within a year.

Last edited:

Srijita52

I'll refrain from the typical response because I know how little good it does, but I'm sorry you feel so bad. Assuming this is because of your SA, have you ever considered trying a group therapy program? I've heard it's one of the best ways to make progress with the disorder (I'm eager to participate in one myself). I don't know where you live, but if you have anything like that in your area, maybe it's worth checking out. At the very least, having a counselor to talk to can at least help you not feel quite so bad.

I hope you feel better.
Thank you. I don't have acess to group therapy program where I live, not even a counsellor. So I must learn to deal with this myself with the other factors kept constant. And the depression too, so it can get quite a bit frustrating at times.

I envy people who are social, who actually have a lot of friends, and i envy the people that have a life...i don't have a life..

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I envy people who are social, who actually have a lot of friends, and i envy the people that have a life...i don't have a life..

Depressingly ah can relate tae that feelin', Falkor. Ah huv'nae got a life either.
Well, ah do, it's just really boring.

Ma cousin just complimented ma ability tae make her laugh by sayin' ah should try doin' stand-up comedy. :eek:mg: Now, as much as ah like make ma cousin laugh-oot-loud, ah don't huv the one thing required tae do stand-up comedy: Confidence. :sad: Also ah don't think am aw that funny tae be honest with ya. plus ma sense uh humour is a bit offbeat. And there's a fine line between self-deprication and self-hatred.

7 Keys to Improving your Self-Esteem

1. Stop comparing yourself to others

2. Stop demanding and expecting perfection (from yourself and other people)

3. Practice kindness and understanding

4. Be your own best friend when you make a mistake

5. Look for things that you like about yourself and choose to take pleasure, and find joy, in them

6. Believe that you deserve to experience good things

7. Make the decision to enjoy your life, and to love what you are doing, and to believe in yourself.

I just keep thinking of one person :shyness: She lights up my life.

And I'm wondering what tomorrow will bring me, I will go to meet a person on the west of holland, hopefully it'll be a good time. a bit anxious though, but i'm looking forward to it

Ithior

One of my problems is that my set of values seems to differ greatly from those of other people. I follow my own values, but so far I was only able to meet one person who somewhat shares those values or at least her values are similar enough to mine.

MollyBeGood

Started watching Justified. Not a bad show. I like the main guy from Deadwoods, character. I really miss True Detective! damn it all. I suppose you cannot rightly compare an FX to HBO show, not that I was really.

MollyBeGood

7 Keys to Improving your Self-Esteem

1. Stop comparing yourself to others

3. Practice kindness and understanding

4. Be your own best friend when you make a mistake

5. Look for things that you like about yourself and choose to take pleasure, and find joy, in them

6. Believe that you deserve to experience good things

7. Make the decision to enjoy your life, and to love what you are doing, and to believe in yourself.

Great reminder post. Hope you're doing good :)
I am actively working on all those things. Really my weak spots are all of them, except I am not huge on perfection... I like imperfect things that are flawed as a general rule. I find them more beautiful.