Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

jaim38

This is out of the blue, but I finally joined Toastmasters after weeks of delaying, holding out and uncertainty. I've been there 2 times, every time I get nervous and all shaky leg. Table topics scare me the most. I become jelly when I think of being called on to speak in front of others. I almost want to quit but then someone at the end gave an inspiring speech. He said something along the lines of nothing's going to happen if there's no action. No actions no results. He also said there's talent within everyone of us waiting to come out, and encourage us to step outside of our comfort zone. So, he's right; I did the unthinkable - join Toastmasters!

The people at Toastmasters are very friendly and helpful in general, but I still feel the social anxiety and shyness. However, I took the courage to speak to several people today, all of whom were nice. It's been a long day.

Toastmasters is probably every social phobic's worst nightmare, and I did the unimaginable. But I have high hopes that it will help me build better communication skills, develop leadership abilities, and most importantly help me find courage. WIsh me luck!

Scandic123

I'm a real controlfreak and I want to keep track and make lists of everything. I can't remember all the things that've happened in my life and who I am as a person, but I want to know and remember it all, and it's really frustrating that all this information can't just be gathered someone. I've decided to make very detailed self biography and write in it almost every single thing I can remember, just so that I can keep track of everything. It's tough though, especially with my online life. I also feel like I need evidence for things happening online, but... yeah.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I'm pretty sure I broke one of my knuckles last night.

I've done that. If one or more of the knuckles are sitting lower than the rest, and/or if there's a hump on the back of your hand then you probably have what they call a "boxer's fracture."

You'll have to go to an orthopedist to get it reset if that's the case, and wear a cast for a couple of months afterwards.

Good luck, and stop punching walls. :D

Ithior

For some reason I seem to be very relaxed talking to this girl I barely know. We went to the same high school and she was friends with some of my female friends from high school, but we never really talked. I think the first time we talked was at the party of one of those friends, possibly after high school had ended. We didn't talk much there but even back then I already felt relaxed in her presence. I've been with her a few more times since then in parties of those female friends, and it was the same every time.

I find this pretty weird because normally I would feel rather shy around people I barely know, and if I for some reason thought we could develop some kind of relationship (which I guess is frequent for people who feel lonely), it would 99% of times result in me being much more nervous in the following meetings. But it never happens with this girl.

Well, now it's a few more months until I meet her again. I don't know if I should try getting to know her better, I barely know her and I think I would feel pretty nervous if I were to initiate contact with her. I've been out of the dating game for a long time, like 6 years. I was 15 back then, the dating game has changed a lot since then.

PerseverareJasmine

I have another paper coming up for my Texas Government class, ugh. Its due on the 28th. I should probably start working on it tomorrow, or at least brainstorming some ideas for it. It has to be in MLA format again :thumbdown:. On the plus side, I'm liking this new cocoa butter that I bought. It makes my skin feel really soft and moisturized.

PerseverareJasmine

I would be a horrible ninja. I've been trying to be quiet because my mom doesn't like me staying up this late on the computer, but I got hungry, so I went into our kitchen to get some cereal. Of course, me being Ms. Clumsy Mc.Clumsy pants drops the spoon I was going to use with a loud "Clang!" on the floor, then I somehow managed to hit my head on the cabinet that was open, which made me slip out a pretty loud s-word, so my mom woke up and said "What are you doing in that kitchen?!" Oh well, at least she didn't give me a very long lecture, most likely because she wanted to go back to sleep.

Lexus199

I would be a horrible ninja. I've been trying to be quiet because my mom doesn't like me staying up this late on the computer, but I got hungry, so I went into our kitchen to get some cereal. Of course, me being Ms. Clumsy Mc.Clumsy pants drops the spoon I was going to use with a loud "Clang!" on the floor, then I somehow managed to hit my head on the cabinet that was open, which made me slip out a pretty loud s-word, so my mom woke up and said "What are you doing in that kitchen?!" Oh well, at least she didn't give me a very long lecture, most likely because she wanted to go back to sleep.

You would be the kind of ninja who hides out in the open. :)

PerseverareJasmine

Yeah, maybe I could start a new trend if I joined the ninja community. I could call it being the "obvious ninja", though I guess that would defeat the whole purpose of being a ninja haha.

Scandic123

Using Facebook's activity log, I just realized that my "friends" only write to me when it's my birthday, and that I only write to them when it's their birthday. The only times I'm tagged/mentioned anywhere is when me and my Mom have been somewhere together. And I also never write statuses, so my timeline is mostly filled up with "...likes x's post". I should not be using this activity log function...

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Having a relative try to convince you that they "get" your social phobia is the most excruciating thing in the world. "I know you're not faking it..."

Good grief. :kickingmyself:

Ithior

After doing some online courses in areas completely unrelated to my bachelor's, I think I actually do like the area of my degree. I just don't like when people talk about it, specially my dad, possibly because he talks about marketing stuff from 30 years ago. Now that I'm one or two weeks away from finishing two of my online courses, I'm going to pick up stuff related to my own area, and probably brush up on my maths a bit.

Ithior

Huh, just found out about this internship program starting in May (just the applications, the internship itself starts in July). The duration will be around 3 months, and they just pay food and transportation. This exactly what I've been looking for, short term internships. I can't pass up this opportunity, but it would be nice having someone to prevent me from running away from it.

BlueWeepingRose

Well I'm learning a lot more about myself which is a good thing, I've been focusing more on myself and trying to keep myself busy with different activities. Planning on buying some arts & crafts supplies and hopefully make my first scrap-book. That's something I've been wanting to do for a long time now. :cool: