Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER

My Mac tells me the mouse and keyboard batteries are in imminent danger of dying "at any time"... then they continue to work 5 more days.

Conspiracy.

Ithior

Finally found the transformer of my sister's keyboard. Guess it's time to start learning how to play the piano.

So Facebook just acquired Oculus VR. I don't know how to feel about it..

They better not mess with the development of this thing.. I don't trust Facebook at all, and frankly I don't know how I'd handle it if they corrupted a thing that I've been looking forward to more than anything else in over a decade. For therapy reasons, I need this thing to work exactly as promised. Facebook's involvement makes me extremely nervous.

Tread lightly, Facebook.

hoddesdon

I got a letter asking me to resend a letter, since only page 2 arrived. How is it possible to resend it when I have already sent it (or at least page 2). Would they not have to send page 2 back to me if I am to resend the letter?

So Facebook just acquired Oculus VR. I don't know how to feel about it..

They better not mess with the development of this thing.. I don't trust Facebook at all, and frankly I don't know how I'd handle it if they corrupted a thing that I've been looking forward to more than anything else in over a decade. For therapy reasons, I need this thing to work exactly as promised. Facebook's involvement makes me extremely nervous.

Tread lightly, Facebook.

Yes I heard about that and thought the exact same thing. Of all companies to purchase it :( Not Facebook... Very disappointed.

Yes I heard about that and thought the exact same thing. Of all companies to purchase it :( Not Facebook... Very disappointed.

Yeah. :/

I mean, it's not over until the fat lady sings, of course. We'll have to wait and see whether their new funding bares fruit or not. But yeah, it's a Hell of a wildcard in what used to be a sure thing. It has ruined my day.

PerseverareJasmine

I'm watching Friday Night Lights on the channel AMC right now, one of my favorite movies. I'm trying to get in some more studying, but all the words on the page are starting to look like a foreign language to me because I've been studying for so long.

Ithior

I want to use this gif at some point.

original

Here, without the watermark and an extra frame at the end:

kc2k.gif

Wish this site could have a "like" option for posts. Even if it was just made private so only the receiver got notification that their post was liked.

No negative option, and no typing comments, just clicking on a positive "like" button which automatically sends a private notification to the OP, that a particular post has been "liked".
There are many posts on here that people put a lot of effort into and are extremely helpful! I think if the poster got information that their post was really appreciated, it might encourage them to post their valuable advice more often. Just sayin' :)

P.S. I am saying this because I would like to encourage OP's of great posts to post more, but I don't want to have to send PM's for all of the posts I like, because that would just seem creepy to the posters! lol :bigsmile:

Ithior

My mum keeps calling me this nickname I very much dislike. It's like a short way of saying "dear", but it was the nickname a friend of my cousin had when we were kids (no idea if people still call him by that name), so I always associated the word to that guy. I already told my mum I don't like it and why, but she just calls me that every day.