Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
My mum keeps calling me this nickname I very much dislike. It's like a short way of saying "dear", but it was the nickname a friend of my cousin had when we were kids (no idea if people still call him by that name), so I always associated the word to that guy. I already told my mum I don't like it and why, but she just calls me that every day.

I'm very curious on how you can make "dear" shorter

like like like

Wish this site could have a "like" option for posts. Even if it was just made private so only the receiver got notification that their post was liked.

No negative option, and no typing comments, just clicking on a positive "like" button which automatically sends a private notification to the OP, that a particular post has been "liked".
There are many posts on here that people put a lot of effort into and are extremely helpful! I think if the poster got information that their post was really appreciated, it might encourage them to post their valuable advice more often. Just sayin' :)

P.S. I am saying this because I would like to encourage OP's of great posts to post more, but I don't want to have to send PM's for all of the posts I like, because that would just seem creepy to the posters! lol :bigsmile:

I think this would be awesome as well blue. So much of the times I read posts and don't respond, but still really love or relate to what that person says. A like option would be cool. I see how it might make some people feel bad if they never got likes though, which is why the private option sounds more enticing. For this post I give you a like :) .

@bluedays This forum used to have something like that a long time ago but they disabled it.
^yes, I was here when they had it. People were typing nasty messages with it, that's why it was disabled.
That is why I suggested it should only have a positive option button and no typing messages involved. And if it is private, it won't be a popularity contest because no one would know who has many likes etc :)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
^yes, I was here when they had it. People were typing nasty messages with it, that's why it was disabled.
That is why I suggested it should only have a positive option button and no typing messages involved. And if it is private, it won't be a popularity contest because no one would know who has many likes etc :)

Yeah, I was here too, and it did get abused.

I personally had somebody leave a couple of expletive-laced comments on my profile, but I knew exactly who it was. ha ha

After navigating the internet for close to twenty years now, it's kind of anticlimactic to be told to shut the f-up. Get creative with that shizzle.

Wish this site could have a "like" option for posts. Even if it was just made private so only the receiver got notification that their post was liked.

No negative option, and no typing comments, just clicking on a positive "like" button which automatically sends a private notification to the OP, that a particular post has been "liked".
There are many posts on here that people put a lot of effort into and are extremely helpful! I think if the poster got information that their post was really appreciated, it might encourage them to post their valuable advice more often. Just sayin' :)

P.S. I am saying this because I would like to encourage OP's of great posts to post more, but I don't want to have to send PM's for all of the posts I like, because that would just seem creepy to the posters! lol :bigsmile:

Thumb up. LIKE :)

This is a great idea. I've missed the rep system ever since it went away. There's something extremely nice about being able to give someone a subtle pat on the back that doesn't call them out publicly or makes them feel like they need to respond back to you like they would with a post or PM.

*Symbolic +1 rep to BlueDays*

I'm making some parts on the engine lathe at work without the right gauges to check the parts with. Just fishin in the dark, son...

I think this would be awesome as well blue. So much of the times I read posts and don't respond, but still really love or relate to what that person says. A like option would be cool. I see how it might make some people feel bad if they never got likes though, which is why the private option sounds more enticing. For this post I give you a like :) .

Thumb up. LIKE :)

This is a great idea. I've missed the rep system ever since it went away. There's something extremely nice about being able to give someone a subtle pat on the back that doesn't call them out publicly or makes them feel like they need to respond back to you like they would with a post or PM.

*Symbolic +1 rep to BlueDays*
^ Maybe we should start a petition to give to the Webmaster. :thinking:

All the singing in the Disney movies makes me wanna choke myself with a wire coat hanger!
^ Me too! :eek:h: