Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Re: fail

I think I just mutilated my bangs... cut them a bit short. I really need to stop attempting to cut my own hair, it never turns out well.

Uh-Oh.

My mom had her bangs cut super-short a couple of years ago and she was sick about it. She even went and got little extensions put in the front to try and make up for it.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!

What I meant is finally working my *** off and worrying about myself and helping only myself so I get to go out in nature and sit and relax and have privacy, like I want. That is my getaway.

:thumbup: Nature? Relaxing? And privacy? Sounds like the perfect getaway tae me. :)

Ah wonder if ah'll ever find ma purpose in life...? :idontknow: :sad: Tae be honest, ah huv'nae got a scobby if ah will or no'. Certainly huv'nae found it in the last 9 years.
^I used to have the same thoughts, Graeme.
The last time I wondered what purpose could I possibly have in this world, I was driving past a little lake with a huge colony of ducks that I drive past to get to into town. The realization occurred to me that everyone of those 40 ducks just "Live" , they have no purpose whatsoever, yet they are not made to feel guilty for not achieving a purpose in their lives.
Every animal on earth lives without a specific purpose they have to fulfil in order to feel entitled to be alive. I realized mother nature does not require us to have some high-achieving-worthy-purpose, that has been invented and imposed on us by society.
So now I just "live" without feeling guilty, like every animal on earth does.:thumbup:

(I know animals exist to procreate and continue the species, but as I see it, if they fail to create babies, it does not matter because there are plenty of others than can and do. The same applies for us humans, IMO)

I've actually gotten a decent amount done today considering I'm feeling like I've been exsanguinated (yes I just wanted to use that word, because when the hell am I EVER going to get to use a word like that?).
^Lol, and an excellent use of the word exsanguinated, if I may say so, Opal! :p

I still feel like I've done next to nothing, though. I feel lethargic, spaced-out, and depressed. I've been studying but that's no fun and I want to do something fun. I just don't know what.
^Hope you start to get some energy back soon.:)

Re: fail

Uh-Oh.

My mom had her bangs cut super-short a couple of years ago and she was sick about it. She even went and got little extensions put in the front to try and make up for it.

I'll just wait for it to grow out and clip it back until then when I think it looks too silly. Extensions sounds too extreme and anxiety inducing!

Phoenixx

I think I need to take a nice long break from Facebook again. Being on it too much just feeds my depression sometimes. Not to mention I always feel so detached on there. Seeing everyone leave everyone else comments and posts and whatever, while I'm just there in the corner of the interwebs not doing a thing. Leaving random comments on people's statuses and walls is too daunting to me and it's not like anyone ever does the same for me either. I don't mean to say that like "boo hoo no one likes me" but rather I just feel so detached from everyone and it's hard to make a connection (and for others to connect with you) when you can't even communicate on there. I don't know what it is about Facebook, but leaving random comments where everyone else you kind of know and don't know can see them is so freaking nerve-wracking.

Ithior

There's this girl I'd like to talk to at the gym but on top of my "natural" avoidance, I don't want to look like the kind of guy that goes to the gym to pick up girls. Only thing I do is look at her, and I've seen her looking at me a few times but I turn my eyes somewhere else right away. Anyway, she's probably not interested or has a boyfriend or is much older than me. I'm pretty bad at guessing women's age, I wouldn't be surprised if she were 7 years older than me.

Lexus199

I think I need to take a nice long break from Facebook again. Being on it too much just feeds my depression sometimes. Not to mention I always feel so detached on there. Seeing everyone leave everyone else comments and posts and whatever, while I'm just there in the corner of the interwebs not doing a thing. Leaving random comments on people's statuses and walls is too daunting to me and it's not like anyone ever does the same for me either. I don't mean to say that like "boo hoo no one likes me" but rather I just feel so detached from everyone and it's hard to make a connection (and for others to connect with you) when you can't even communicate on there. I don't know what it is about Facebook, but leaving random comments where everyone else you kind of know and don't know can see them is so freaking nerve-wracking.

FB doesn't do much for me so I rarely use it. I can see how it could feed one's depression.

Lexus199

There's this girl I'd like to talk to at the gym but on top of my "natural" avoidance, I don't want to look like the kind of guy that goes to the gym to pick up girls. Only thing I do is look at her, and I've seen her looking at me a few times but I turn my eyes somewhere else right away. Anyway, she's probably not interested or has a boyfriend or is much older than me. I'm pretty bad at guessing women's age, I wouldn't be surprised if she were 7 years older than me.

I've always been terrible at guessing people's ages. So I tend to assume that every girl is either too young or too old for me. That being said, even if they walked around with badges listing their ages I would just find another reason not to talk to them. :p