Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

dottie

UPDATE: I did not get fired for the mistake I made a few weeks back!. I believe they are knowingly overlooking it, but I am not bringing it up just in case!

SoScared

It’s funny how old disruptive habits/addictions/disruptive thoughts can return so unexpectedly and have such profound effects. I thought I was over it. I thought I had turned the corner. It was my fault, I was not vigilant enough. I should have seen the signs. You can’t have it all, I know that, I’ve kind of always known that, but just once you know just once that will be OK? No, there is no such thing as just once. I’m exceptionally busy and get exhausted. I think that it’s a real life skill to know when to take breaks and importantly how to take breaks without defaulting to excess consumption.

I’m even addicted to SWP again. This disappoints me because it is so time consuming. I must have been on for most of yesterday. Checking, checking all day long. It’s quite strange behaviour really, definitely a strange way to spend a Sunday. Here we are on Monday and I’m telling you about Sunday. I’ve been checking checking today as well.

Jaim38 informed me about limerace. Yeah I certainly do some of that. My own studies had taught me about attachment and how that is generally that is not a good thing. I’ve learnt that lesson too. I had gotton myself together. Man I could float down the street is such an inconspicuous manner. Dr Claire Weekes taught me how to do that. Then one phone call that I knew that I should not make. Duh :eek:h:

I wonder if Einstein had these concerns. I wonder if Einstein would have logged onto SWP back in the day? I admire people who move on from SWP. I wonder if I’m closer to Einstein or Edgar Allan Poe? I’ve got a whiteboard now. Every scientist should have a whiteboard. I also have black, red, green and blue marker pens as well as one of those erasers that means that you don’t have to use your sleeve. Sheldon and Leonard have whiteboards too.

OK, I know that I can do it. Doing it consistently is the challenge.

I saw somewhere today that they're rebooting the Police Academy film series.

Good grief.
^ Noooooooooo! :eek:h:

UPDATE: I did not get fired for the mistake I made a few weeks back!. I believe they are knowingly overlooking it, but I am not bringing it up just in case!
^Phew dottie :thumbup:

Geez, just when you manage to build a skerrick more of self-esteem, along comes someone and erases it. Bam! it's gone. :sad:

Phoenixx

Woke up lonely and tired (but still had a good sleep) to a cloudy dreary day, haven't been up for two hours and my mother already pestered me about doing something, and my cat just puked on my rug. Yeah, I'm feeling fantastic. :thumbdown:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
^Lol did it get any better?

Geez, just when you manage to build a skerrick more of self-esteem, along comes someone and erases it. Bam! it's gone. :sad:

Confident people don't realize how fragile is self-esteem for those who didn't have a chance to build one while growing up :/

MollyBeGood

what's up with all the bankers alleged "suicides"?

12 so far this yr! 4 in one week!

the one killing himself with a nail gun-he shoots himself repeatedly with a friggin nail gun in the head...come on! That's called murder.

Woke up lonely and tired (but still had a good sleep) to a cloudy dreary day, haven't been up for two hours and my mother already pestered me about doing something, and my cat just puked on my rug. Yeah, I'm feeling fantastic. :thumbdown:

Sorry to hear you had a rough start. My cat pukes a lot :/

How does one wake up lonely, though? Were you having a nice dream involving someone or something?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I wonder if Paris Hilton is the happiest person on earth?

She's dumb, attractive, young, and rich, so she may hit a sweet-spot where ignorance, superficiality, youth, and money intersect to make her life a perpetual, or at least continual, state of bliss.

Phoenixx

Feed it taco bell?
^ Haha, no definitely not. :giggle: I think it has to do with his nerves. Sometime while I was gone over the weekend, he spit up a little on my comforter, had to stick that in the wash as soon as I got home last night. Then this morning, about 5 mins after he ate he puked up most of his food again, on the rug. He doesn't do this often, so I know he's not reacting to his food or anything. He did it a little bit again almost a month ago too. I've noticed when he does do it, it's usually when he's either really happy/excited or nervous right before he eats. He always gets a bit nervous when I leave for long periods. And this morning he was so happy to come in to see me still here. Makes me think his nerves makes him gobble his food too fast.

Sorry to hear you had a rough start. My cat pukes a lot :/

How does one wake up lonely, though? Were you having a nice dream involving someone or something?
^ Aw, why does your kitty puke so much? :(

I spent the weekend at my brother's place in Michigan with my boyfriend. It was nice not sleeping alone for a few nights.

She's dumb, attractive, young, and rich, so she may hit a sweet-spot where ignorance, superficiality, youth, and money intersect to make her life a perpetual, or at least continual, state of bliss.
^You know I often think about all that I could have done if I was born in her position. She seems to have wasted so many opportunities available to her in her life. :eek:h: :sad:

nodejesque

Good question. I often wonder the same thing. But I'd think she's bored. How can she truly be happy and grateful without knowing the the absence of all that she has?

But yes. To be ignorant, healthy, and rich.... must be nice.